PDA

View Full Version : Interesting rumor about Day of the Dead

Geophyrd
14-Jul-2006, 05:46 PM
I heard from a friend of mine (who heard from a friend, etc at nauseum) that Ving Rhames' character is going to be some version of Bub, that he would be the same character from Dawn of the Dead but zombified.

You can take the rumor with your big ole grain 'o salt...kind of a cool notion, eh? It be

p2501
14-Jul-2006, 06:05 PM
actually yeah that would rock.

Ving Rhames was one of the only things i liked about the Dawn remake. so arbtrarily bringing his character back as a zombie for sake of linking the films. would fully establish this sequel as the tempid puddle of congealed recal fluids, i suspect it'll turn out to be.

Tullaryx
14-Jul-2006, 06:11 PM
This remake needs more inconsequential and heaily gratuitous girl-on-girl and female nudity. I just realized after watching the Dawn remake again last night that the undead epidemic in the remake actually ended and subsided. Or at least slowed down to the point that survivors were able to move around and explore.

AssassinFromHell
14-Jul-2006, 07:06 PM
I heard from a friend of mine (who heard from a friend, etc at nauseum) that Ving Rhames' character is going to be some version of Bub, that he would be the same character from Dawn of the Dead but zombified.

You can take the rumor with your big ole grain 'o salt...kind of a cool notion, eh? It be

I saw a website or two somewhere report that. I think it would suck. For one, if its the same character from DAWN, thatd make it a direct sequel or spinoff. So we'd have Bub the trackstar!!!

...that would totally suck. I hate the kiddie losers and the sellout executives who will do anything for a friggen penny.

Adrenochrome
14-Jul-2006, 07:09 PM
...that would totally suck. I hate the kiddie losers and the sellout executives who will do anything for a friggen penny.
AMEN, brother.......I will definitely boycott this one. I gave Yawn'04 a chance and was VERY much let down. Never again.

AssassinFromHell
14-Jul-2006, 07:12 PM
I was supporting this movie. I was giving it chances. But the writer of Final Destination? Next up, Ving Rhames? I like the actor, but we all know the motive for this hiring...they're attempting to link this remake to that crap MTV kiddie flick with a cannibalistic track team and an unreleastic cast including a nurse whose aim with a shotgun is right on target.

Adrenochrome
14-Jul-2006, 07:15 PM
I was supporting this movie. I was giving it chances. But the writer of Final Destination? Next up, Ving Rhames? I like the actor, but we all know the motive for this hiring...they're attempting to link this remake to that crap MTV kiddie flick with a cannibalistic track team and an unreleastic cast including a nurse whose aim with a shotgun is right on target.
Ya, next thing you know, they'll be casting Lyndsey Lohan (sp?) as (a) Sarah (type character) and Paris Hilton will be flying the Helecopter. We may even see Orlando Bloom as (a) Rhodes......

bassman
14-Jul-2006, 07:16 PM
Ya, next thing you know, they'll be casting Lyndsey Lohan (sp?) as (a) Sarah (type character) and Paris Hilton will be flying the Helecopter.

Carrot Top could probably play a better Sarah.:|

Adrenochrome
14-Jul-2006, 07:17 PM
Carrot Top could probably play a better Sarah.:|
**shudders**
Oh man......whoa......BAD VISUALS THERE, MAN!!!!

mista_mo
14-Jul-2006, 07:20 PM
Carrot Top and Lindsy Lohan...show me a picture of the two of em side by side, and I can't tell the difference...I'm just sayin'.

Adrenochrome
14-Jul-2006, 07:28 PM
Carrot Top and Lindsy Lohan...show me a picture of the two of em side by side, and I can't tell the difference...I'm just sayin'.
Well, these days you can.....Carrot Top is all pumped up full of steroids and Lyndsey Lohan hasn't eaten since 1947.:D

mista_mo
14-Jul-2006, 07:30 PM
Carrot top and Steroids? yea...thats like lesbian cat fetish and Montel williams in the same sentance....

where the hell did I come up with that...

AcesandEights
14-Jul-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm still awaiting more details. Till then, I'm hunkered down in my own little bunker, hoping for the best :shifty:

Geophyrd
14-Jul-2006, 08:24 PM
and now we've got Lindsey Lohan and Carrottop. That's not too much over-reaction.

Having said that...for those who aren't happy with who is writing the new Day...chill. Remember way back when (2 years ago) when the current kvetch was that the dude who wrote scooby doo was doing Dawn? I liked the new Dawn. A lot. And I really really liked Slither (nasty lil thing that movie).

So calm down and throw the Ving some meat, would you?

BTW...my vote is for Leon Rippy as Doc Logan, the ole Richard Liberty role.

AcesandEights
14-Jul-2006, 08:31 PM
Geo, while your call for calm may go unheeded (especially referencing the writing for Dawn 04 as a means to 'chill' people hereabouts), I share your hopeful optimism.

****e, I liked Dawn 04 (despite vacuous plot holes) and Final Destination.

DEAD BEAT
14-Jul-2006, 08:52 PM
im not sure if i would like to see another zombie that has a brain!

i thought land was really great,but i thought the fact that they could think to a point of shooting somebody rather than eating them was a little cheesy for me!:D

Adrenochrome
15-Jul-2006, 12:38 AM
Carrot top and Steroids? yea...thats like lesbian cat fetish and Montel williams in the same sentance....

where the hell did I come up with that...
Well, he's on something these days.....
http://www.punditguy.com/images/carrot_2Dtop_2Dtopless_2Dthumb.jpghttp://www.anthemartists.com/photo_images_3/carrot_top_1.jpg

TripleRex
15-Jul-2006, 02:53 AM
He just looks so bizzare! And what's with his friggin pants?

Guru ofthe Dead
15-Jul-2006, 04:21 AM
That's not cool. Could carrottop star in T4 since Arnold is a Goovanor. AGGGH! Ving Rahmes dead. Don't do it Cartman!!!!! I agree not watching it, but if I did I ain't payn' no money to see it.:moon:

Marie
15-Jul-2006, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=Adrenochrome]Well, he's on something these days.....[QUOTE]

He's wearing eyeliner guys.... WHY is he wearing eyeliner? I'm scared....

M_

Anarchist86ed
15-Jul-2006, 07:46 PM
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=12053

AcesandEights
15-Jul-2006, 08:53 PM
Nick Cannon? :barf: :barf: :barf:

That's almost as bad as Will Smith.

"Aw naw! How yah gonna do a brotha like that?!"

*Shoots 3 zombie with a series of preposterous head shots (with gun held in hand side ways)*

"That's what you get! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET! Zombies trying ta kill on a brotha..."

:|

PS--Nice link, Anarchist86ed. Thanks!

Anarchist86ed
15-Jul-2006, 09:04 PM
I knew they'd make Yawn '04 more teeny bopper friendly when it was announced, so I'm not surprised they'll murder another Romero classic by making teeny friendly tripe.

And who's Nick Cannon anyway? Let me guess, a singer/rapper/actor?

lullubelle
15-Jul-2006, 09:07 PM
real bad idea, i for one liked dawn 04, the idea of using rhimes as bub in the remake of day is already making me gag

Anarchist86ed
15-Jul-2006, 09:10 PM
We'll be saying the same thing in 10 years when the remake of land is announced.

AcesandEights
15-Jul-2006, 09:32 PM
the idea of using rhimes as bub in the remake of day is already making me gag

I don't think it's confirmed that he'll be playing a zombie, bub-like or otherwise, just yet. I may be wrong, but I did read that as a definite anywhere, not even in previous links. Now, it's been suggested as a possibility, but I guess we'll have to wait for more information, unless someone has a link, or more heresay on the matter.

mista_mo
17-Jul-2006, 08:32 PM
Theres no way thats carrot Top....what the hell!!!!

coma
17-Jul-2006, 09:02 PM
I have to stop checking this thread. Seeing a suggestion of CArrot tops joint is making me very, very ill/:barf:

DEAD BEAT
17-Jul-2006, 09:36 PM
all that muscle cant cure his uglyness!:D

AssassinFromHell
18-Jul-2006, 01:19 AM
I have to stop checking this thread. Seeing a suggestion of CArrot tops joint is making me very, very ill/:barf:

You guys have to admit though, Carrot Top would have done better with a Dawn of the Dead remake then James Gunn...

Pushead Jim
18-Jul-2006, 02:24 AM
and Paris Hilton will be flying the Helecopter

I would pay full admission price to see that skank torn limb from limb "ala "rhodes. Can i get an Amen?:lol:

Adrenochrome
18-Jul-2006, 02:36 AM
You guys have to admit though, Carrot Top would have done better with a Dawn of the Dead remake then James Gunn...
The only way to kill a zombie is beat it in the head with a rubber chicken while sporting the geniously funny "arrow through head" prank???
hmmmm, co-written by Gallagher? hmmmm

Sir James Forbes
18-Jul-2006, 11:45 AM
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=19143

Neil
18-Jul-2006, 11:59 AM
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=19143

Sounds OK... I'd be up to watching a follow up from Dawn04... Just hope it's better...

Geophyrd
18-Jul-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm eager for the new Day. Do you think Land would have gotten greenlit if Dawn had flopped? And, ancillary effects aside, its a pretty darned good movie.

I've had some recommendations for movies on this site that were just truely awful...Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Seventh Gate (or whatever it was called) and almost anything by Bava is unwatchable. I can't believe all the people who dug those flicks won't take to Dawn 04 or LOTD....

As for Gunn, I'm feeling very good about him these days. Sure, Scooby was trash, but it was for kids. Besides, do you know who he's married to? I challenge anyone not to fall for his wife on the Office.

Maitreya
18-Jul-2006, 09:21 PM
im not sure if i would like to see another zombie that has a brain!

i thought land was really great,but i thought the fact that they could think to a point of shooting somebody rather than eating them was a little cheesy for me!:D

That isn't a new concept. Haven't you seen Day before? Bub shoots the **** out of Rhodes before he gets eaten... Haha.. "COME ON!!"

TripleRex
19-Jul-2006, 06:09 AM
I'm thrilled to see this. I liked the Dawn remake a lot and instantly thought there has to be a sequel at the end of the movie. Cool.

Fulcifan91
19-Jul-2006, 02:44 PM
I've had some recommendations for movies on this site that were just truely awful...Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Seventh Gate (or whatever it was called) and almost anything by Bava is unwatchable. I can't believe all the people who dug those flicks won't take to Dawn 04 or LOTD....

I'm a huge Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (Living Dead at Manchester Morgue... i like this title better) and im in no way a fan of Dawn04, but I loved LOTD.

When referring to Bava, which one are you talking about? Lamberto Bava, or Mario Bava? Though Mario has done more cinematography than directing.

BUTCHYPIE
21-Jul-2006, 06:58 PM
... an unreleastic cast including a nurse whose aim with a shotgun is right on target.

Uhm, I'm a TV producer now, but I do have a Masters in Nursing, and I was champion shooter in college; got the medals to prove it...

If they start coming after us, do me a favor, throw me the rifle.

Still, you don't need that good of aim with a shotgun...

-

Dommm
25-Jul-2006, 01:02 PM
This is a bit worrying. I mean I thought that dawn '04 was great, but just wish they had not called it dawn or in any way tied it into GAR's classics. That I think is the major difference between the two GAR's zombie creations were classics like a proper Sunday roast with all the trimmings while the remake was a more MCDonalds short term filling but ultimatly leaves you gasping for more. If they do re-do day then I hope they dont call it day and just do it as a totally seperate entity. Obviously allowing for influences.

bassman
25-Jul-2006, 01:10 PM
This is a bit worrying. I mean I thought that dawn '04 was great, but just wish they had not called it dawn or in any way tied it into GAR's classics. That I think is the major difference between the two GAR's zombie creations were classics like a proper Sunday roast with all the trimmings while the remake was a more MCDonalds short term filling but ultimatly leaves you gasping for more. If they do re-do day then I hope they dont call it day and just do it as a totally seperate entity. Obviously allowing for influences.

There's no "If" to it, anymore. It's official.....someone else wants to make a crap remake of a great film and now it appears that they are.

Angry312
25-Jul-2006, 06:09 PM
Hm. The timeline on the remakes is a bit funny...

Night in '68, remade 32 years later.
Dawn in '78, remade 26 years later.
Day in '85, remade 22 years later.

I guess we can expect the remake of Land of the Dead in approximately 18 years, if the declination of the timeframe continues.

That'd make ol' George roughly 84 when it comes out.

Food for thought.

Angry312; :evil: "Wouldn't Anna Nicole Smith be required to marry him at that point?" :evil:

scrowder
25-Jul-2006, 07:39 PM
The original screenplay for Day of the Dead, that George had written, appears more interesting than Day of the Dead was. I woul like ot see that as the basis of the new movie. I much prefer Ving not be a zombie.

Griff
26-Jul-2006, 03:34 AM
The original screenplay for Day of the Dead, that George had written, appears more interesting than Day of the Dead was. I woul like ot see that as the basis of the new movie.

But LAND recycled alot of ideas from that original DAY script. Infact, between the final DAY and LAND, there's not much left from that script for a third movie.

AssassinFromHell
26-Jul-2006, 03:39 AM
But LAND recycled alot of ideas from that original DAY script. Infact, between the final DAY and LAND, there's not much left from that script for a third movie.

Very good point. You have the zombies who learn to fight as soldier-type characters, not mindless drones. You have them learning. You have a holed up civilization that falls to ****, and the end explosion...well, its not as big, but still. You've got the intelligent leader zombie. It's very similar now that you mention it.

Dommm
26-Jul-2006, 01:09 PM
Still if they could've gotten GAr to do the remake and use the orignal script with the full budget mmmm.... if only. But that to many ifs in my opinion and it just aint gonna happen. Ahhhh well heres dreaming.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Jul-2006, 01:58 PM
Even though he may do a sequel to LAND you have to remember LAND wasn't received well by critics, and did awful in terms of US Box office. Most studio's won't approach him because of this fact. Hollywood is strange man, very strange, but if you do a film and it tanks (or is panned by critics, and you're not a name like Speilberg, your get sidetracked quite often.

LAND had success over seas, but when a sequel was announced it was with Rogue Pictures, a very low budget division of Universal where most work ends up direct to video.

Not too mention Taurus holds the rights to the film, and they may not be on good speaking terms.

AcesandEights
26-Jul-2006, 02:32 PM
you have to remember LAND wasn't received well by critics

Me impersonating Dave Chapelle impersonating Lil' Jon:

WHAT!?

bassman
26-Jul-2006, 02:58 PM
LAND wasn't received well by critics, and did awful in terms of US Box office..

And how do you figure this?....

livingdeadboy
28-Jul-2006, 12:58 PM
I read on Bloody Disgusting.com a few days or so ago, that Ving will be playing Captain Rhodes and not reprising the role form Dawn '04. I think Ving as Rhodes is pretty bitching actually.

Neil
28-Jul-2006, 07:06 PM
I read on Bloody Disgusting.com a few days or so ago, that Ving will be playing Captain Rhodes and not reprising the role form Dawn '04. I think Ving as Rhodes is pretty bitching actually.

That sounds very odd... So a follow up film (in effect), has the same very distinctive actor, playing two completely different roles? Huh?

Kaos
28-Jul-2006, 11:22 PM
That sounds very odd... So a follow up film (in effect), has the same very distinctive actor, playing two completely different roles? Huh?

Anything can happen when you re-imagine, Neil. :rolleyes:

coma
28-Jul-2006, 11:44 PM
Anything can happen when you re-imagine, Neil. :rolleyes:

Anything can happen when you have no imagination and are a total hack:barf:

Kaos
29-Jul-2006, 12:24 AM
Anything can happen when you have no imagination and are a total hack:barf:

LOL! I didn't know Snyder was directing!

dmbfanintn
29-Jul-2006, 12:38 AM
Even though he may do a sequel to LAND you have to remember LAND wasn't received well by critics,

:confused: :confused: Whhaa??? :confused: :confused:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808405693/critic

Average grade of B, hell that's better than I got in school!

Just for gits and shiggles,

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808473170/critic

Dawn 04 gets a B- :D

Neil
29-Jul-2006, 08:40 AM
:confused: :confused: Whhaa??? :confused: :confused:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808405693/critic

Average grade of B, hell that's better than I got in school!

Just for gits and shiggles,

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808473170/critic

Dawn 04 gets a B- :D

They don't want to hear it...

MinionZombie
29-Jul-2006, 01:07 PM
Rogue Pictures ... haven't they done some quite successful flicks though? Stuff that got splashed out big in the cinemas? Hmmm...Romero really needs to get himself a businessman - heck, get his son in to do his business dealings. GAR is a great filmmaker, but he sucks huge time when it comes to doing anything businessy.

And Land would have done better in America had they not released it during the summer blockbuster period, rather than in the halloween period. And aye, it did well across Europe, there were still p*ssy "critics" (like Jonathon Ross, his review was pathetic, no thought paid at all and he said he was the biggest Romero fan - yeah right - he says he's the biggest fan of everything and watches everything - utter bollocks, Ross can kiss my paper-white ass, wanker).

*ahem*

I'll shut up now, OKAAAAAAAAY (you have just witnessed a moment in the life, of Lil Jon)...

DJ.doucheBAG
29-Jul-2006, 05:15 PM
Even though he may do a sequel to LAND you have to remember LAND wasn't received well by critics, and did awful in terms of US Box office. Most studio's won't approach him because of this fact. Hollywood is strange man, very strange, but if you do a film and it tanks (or is panned by critics, and you're not a name like Speilberg, your get sidetracked quite often.

LAND had success over seas, but when a sequel was announced it was with Rogue Pictures, a very low budget division of Universal where most work ends up direct to video.

Not too mention Taurus holds the rights to the film, and they may not be on good speaking terms.

Actually, Land was recieved very well by the top critic of all: Sir Ebert Roper. Also, the Onion's AV club (they're REALLY tough on movies) said the REALLY (stress on really) liked it. Some people overlook the social commentary and go straight for it being another zombie gorefest (which it's not). The best critics will see the commentary though. Besides, Roper has always been a Romero fan and given most of his movies good reviews.

MinionZombie
29-Jul-2006, 06:44 PM
The biggest reason for people not liking it was expectation, simple as. I've heard it time and again "I've been waiting 20 years for a new dead movie and THIS is what I get" (or similar sentiments). See, now I went in not expecting a single thing, I was just really excited in general - and I absolutely loved the flick.

Same thing with Day - people were expecting Dawn of the Dead 2 and didn't get it, so it bombed, then it was rediscovered and it's a classic now. Land's fate will improve, without doubt, in the coming 10 years.

Otherwise it was people not agreeing with where Romero went, but it's his series, he can go where he damn well pleases, and his progression was quite logical.

dmbfanintn
29-Jul-2006, 08:56 PM
Actually, Land was recieved very well by the top critic of all: Sir Ebert Roper.

Umm, are you meaning Roger Ebert? I think Ebert and Roper are two different people.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Dommm
31-Jul-2006, 08:57 AM
I would pay full admission price to see that skank torn limb from limb "ala "rhodes. Can i get an Amen?:lol:

you want to see paris die just watch waxworks I think its the name of the movie well wax somthing anyway it great she gets stabbed through the head. What suprises me is that she stops functioning, i mean she aint lost any major organs in this.

you want to see paris die just watch waxworks I think its the name of the movie well wax somthing anyway it great she gets stabbed through the head. What suprises me is that she stops functioning, i mean she aint lost any major organs in this.

hmmm... its house of wax remake. My mind went a blank

radiokill
01-Aug-2006, 01:03 PM
she aint lost any major organs in this.
:lol: