PDA

View Full Version : Night of the Living DE3D in THEATERS?!?!?!

dogma789
16-Jul-2006, 05:40 AM
Post deleted.

Guru ofthe Dead
16-Jul-2006, 05:47 AM
I won't because I live in a small town nowhere near any city that will be playing it. So why you all will be talking about it I will be crying the blues because I have to wait for the DVD. SHIITE!!!!!

Andy
16-Jul-2006, 10:13 AM
is it even playing in the UK?

Danny
16-Jul-2006, 10:38 AM
i doubt that very mutch.:bored:

AcesandEights
16-Jul-2006, 10:38 AM
OH, OH!!!

Anyone living in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area that might want to see this?

I don't think any of my friends will actually want to check it out (I don't know how happy they were with me after I dragged them all to see Land), and I'd love a chance to see it in the theatre.

glsjaw
16-Jul-2006, 01:57 PM
when and where for the release?

coma
16-Jul-2006, 03:09 PM
OH, OH!!!

Anyone living in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area that might want to see this?

I don't think any of my friends will actually want to check it out (I don't know how happy they were with me after I dragged them all to see Land), and I'd love a chance to see it in the theatre.

Yeah, Me!
Does anyone know what kind of 3d it is? The Red green, the 80s grey glasses. Something else?

axlish
16-Jul-2006, 03:14 PM
I wonder why they cast Ben as a caucasion.

I'm looking forward to this, but I think they are being a tad optimistic with 1500 screens. I'll believe it when I see it.

Danny
16-Jul-2006, 03:18 PM
I wonder why they cast Ben as a caucasion.

thats why i hate it allready, the reason night was awesome is becuase

A: one of the first films with a balck lead who wasnt a stereotype

B: and the twist ending, which leaves everyone speechless.

i mean the whoel "its not the same storyline i reinvisioned it like a what if?" that the director told fangoria tells me to expect steaming turds in cinemas near you now:moon:

axlish
16-Jul-2006, 03:32 PM
Deapit interviewed Sid Haig this week and when commenting on the 3D remake he said that the one major difference is that the phenomenon is explained. They definitely should have left that one alone.

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2006, 04:28 PM
*sigh*

That's another one for the fire ... er ... download list.

No way would I go to see that sack of balls in the cinema on my own money. I'll give it a watch, just so I can see how much is sucks on those danglers...

The endless rape of Night of the Living Dead is hideous...:(

Danny
16-Jul-2006, 04:29 PM
The endless rape of Night of the Living Dead is hideous...:(

and sadly highly profitable, and itll be the death of the sub genre.:(

Rottedfreak
16-Jul-2006, 05:24 PM
Might be good, provide a interesting spin on the tale.

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2006, 09:20 PM
Nah it won't be the death.

Sacks of man-ball like this sort of hack crap get swept under the carpet rather quick, or people don't hear about them, or yada yada yada. Only enduring classics, films which actually ARE good, remain in the culture's consciousness.

The zombies like, totally rise from their graves, and then RUN REALLY F*CKIN' HUGELY FAST in the search of ONLY BRAINS which they SCREAM IN MUSICAL TONE for after a TRUCKLOAD of CHOCOLATE HOBNOBS are spilled like, all over this like, HUGE road which gets like, utterly drenched in toxic waste and dead foetus material. This then runs through into the GROUND which then seeps into the GRAVES of a million DEAD people and then ZOMBIES like RUN AROUND EVERYWHERE and kill LIVING people to make them DEAD and then they RUN AROUND ALL OVER and they FART music from their rotting bungholes before they WAFT into the sky to FLY away before bursting into FLAMES in a SUPER SERIAL EXPLOSION!!!

That's straight from the filmmaker's bastard mouths, I'm being super serial. :p

Danny
16-Jul-2006, 10:10 PM
That's straight from the filmmaker's bastard mouths, I'm being super serial. :p

......:shifty: ...manbearpig is that you?...:lol:

EXCELSIOR!:moon:

Debbieangel
17-Jul-2006, 02:48 AM
I just googled it and you need red and blue glasses and it said sometime Jan.'07 will be released. I watched the trailer and maybe it will be good.I really dont know they are calling it NOTLD cause only some things are similar...it looks like they revamped everything in it.

Fulcifan91
17-Jul-2006, 03:49 AM
I heard they keep pushing the release date back because they can't get the 3D to work, and that they're way over budget.

coma
17-Jul-2006, 04:21 AM
"its not the same storyline i reinvisioned it like a what if?"

What if what?
I released a remake in 1500 theaters and it toally sucked?

Ben is white?
Do they have that stupis ass precher form NOTLD 30th anniversary?
UUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The zombies like, totally rise from their graves, and then RUN REALLY F*CKIN' HUGELY FAST in the search of ONLY BRAINS which they SCREAM IN MUSICAL TONE for after a TRUCKLOAD of CHOCOLATE HOBNOBS are spilled like, all over this like, HUGE road which gets like, utterly drenched in toxic waste and dead foetus material. This then runs through into the GROUND which then seeps into the GRAVES of a million DEAD people and then ZOMBIES like RUN AROUND EVERYWHERE and kill LIVING people to make them DEAD and then they RUN AROUND ALL OVER and they FART music from their rotting bungholes before they WAFT into the sky to FLY away before bursting into FLAMES in a SUPER SERIAL EXPLOSION!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!:lol: :lol:

"it looks like they revamped everything in it."
Maybe they should
"reimagine" the title!

How about Night of the Living Philistines

general tbag
17-Jul-2006, 12:23 PM
i thought this was a joke till i went to the films website, i smell a turd brewing.

bassman
17-Jul-2006, 12:38 PM
You at least have to give it a small amount of credit for the 3D idea. It was a good idea......but I'm sure the film itself will suck.

Adrenochrome
17-Jul-2006, 12:58 PM
You at least have to give it a small amount of credit for the 3D idea. It was a good idea......but I'm sure the film itself will suck.
Oh yeah,....it's gonna suck.....remember from the "trailer" the scene of the text msg on the cell phone??? - "coming 4 u Barb"
Just seeing that made my mind up!

Marie
17-Jul-2006, 01:20 PM
A: one of the first films with a black lead who wasnt a stereotype:

I think it would be interesting if they made the Ben character white and everybody else in the movie black. It could be interesting.... could be gimicey... Who can say?

M_

general tbag
17-Jul-2006, 01:44 PM

if there gonna go 3d at least make it imax3d, anything less is just craptacular in my books.

dmbfanintn
17-Jul-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh yeah,....it's gonna suck.....remember from the "trailer" the scene of the text msg on the cell phone??? - "coming 4 u Barb"
Just seeing that made my mind up!

BUT, Adreno, my young pupil, this message may have come from Barb's boyfriend/husband/best friend/whoever to tell her they were coming to get her for dinner or something. You, as I did initially, assume that the message came from a zombie that somehow figured out how to text. This certainly can't be the case.

Ah hell, who am I trying to fool, It's gonna suck!!!!

Adrenochrome
17-Jul-2006, 01:56 PM
I think it would be interesting if they made the Ben character white and everybody else in the movie black. It could be interesting.... could be gimicey... Who can say?

M_
Next they'll be remaking it AGAIN, only an under-water version starring Sea Monkies.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/tranq187/Sea-Monkeyscopy.jpg

general tbag
17-Jul-2006, 02:04 PM
zombies text messaging :lol:

bassman
17-Jul-2006, 02:10 PM
zombies running:lol:

wait...

:shifty:

coma
17-Jul-2006, 03:51 PM
Flying zombie teenage white Ben

They're flying. There all messed up!

thecoldwarrior
17-Jul-2006, 04:49 PM
Guess you have seen this bit of news. I have not seen the trailer yet. I do not like the Romero franchise being turned into a pile of steamin s***. This will be about as good as NOTD 90' and DOTD 2: Contagium. Would rather be forced to watch Soap (snakes on a plane). Still waiting for the DOTD remake. Am going to watch the triogly to clense my soul.

bassman
17-Jul-2006, 06:28 PM
Guess you have seen this bit of news. I have not seen the trailer yet. I do not like the Romero franchise being turned into a pile of steamin s***. This will be about as good as NOTD 90' and DOTD 2: Contagium. Would rather be forced to watch Soap (snakes on a plane). Still waiting for the DOTD remake. Am going to watch the triogly to clense my soul.

What was wrong with the "Night" remake? I thought that was a pretty good remake. Better than the recent ones, that's for sure.....

And just to warn you....I wouldn't talk too badly about "Snakes on a Plane" around here. You're liable to be jumped.:p There's a cult following here on these boards. They're everywhere.:shifty:

Watch your back...:sneaky:

deadwrtr
17-Jul-2006, 06:59 PM
You'll all see it one way or another, just to say, "See!?! I told you all it would suck!"

I don't care if it's a slim jim of the original. I'm all for zombie movies, regardless of their origins, as long as they have a decent story and believable characters. The only way more zombie movies will get made is if people go to watch them in the theater forking over their hard earned dollars.

The sad thing is, zombie movies are on the wane, just like the werewolf, the vampire and the mummy. Fads, nothing more.

It's the fans that keep reviving them.

And damn! It's got Sid Haig! He's f'ing funny!

Arcades057
17-Jul-2006, 07:36 PM
No matter how terrible a movie it is, it will still find fans in some of the members here. And then everyone else will laugh at them, even the people who liked Land...

Flame on! :mad: :moon:

Danny
17-Jul-2006, 07:44 PM
hahaha -ZING!:lol:

dmbfanintn
17-Jul-2006, 07:52 PM
No matter how terrible a movie it is, it will still find fans in some of the members here. And then everyone else will laugh at them, even the people who liked Land...

Probably the most TRUE statement posted on this board in ages!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And for the record, I loved Land! :-)

deadwrtr
17-Jul-2006, 08:02 PM

Flame on... nice one, Johnny Storm! :D

And for the record... I liked Land too. :)

:moon:

Arcades057
19-Jul-2006, 02:42 AM
Heheh, should've said "... and even people who liked Return of the Dead" instead. That would've riled up other people too. :moon:

thecoldwarrior
20-Jul-2006, 03:19 AM
Um ok. 90' sucked. The new Dawn was a nice distraction and I liked it. It was better than most every other movie that year iirc. As for soap it would have been better recived as a comedy. I mean come on, soap!!!, it would be waaaaay easier to swap faces with the guy they want to "rescue".......oh wait hollywood did that one too. (((basicaly im just jealous that i did not think of it first, this will make someone rich with very little effort))) Btw, dont listen to me just enjoy what you like!

Arcades057
20-Jul-2006, 04:44 AM
I liked '90 a lot more than the Dawn remake, or the original Night, or Land. In my opinion Night '90 was the best "new" zombie flick out. The zombies are scary, the acting was OK, the characters had a little depth, and the story was good, albeit a little claustrophobic.

Dunno, I liked it. Maybe (hopefull) the 3d version will be good, but when was the last time a movie was advertised as 3d and it was good?

dmbfanintn
20-Jul-2006, 01:07 PM
Dunno, I liked it. Maybe (hopefull) the 3d version will be good, but when was the last time a movie was advertised as 3d and it was good?

I am a bit older here :o and can remember in the 80's when the theatres where being flooded with the cheesy sequal movies in 3D.

I still remember the trailer on TV for Jaws

"Jaws 3, in SUPER 3D!!" SUPER 3D???? WTF

And there was a Friday 13th 3D (Which was actually pretty darn good)

There was a Nightmare on Elm Street 3D movie

There were also several kids movies as well.

Unfortuately they pretty much sucked as far as the 3D effects went. Those crappy azz red and blue glasses you had to wear the whole time. But it was cheesy novelty and "everyone was doing it" at the time.

Will this one suck? I hope not, but it probably will.

I hate to Sid sink his carreer on something like this, but he has been in some pretty crappy flicks already.

He is funny as hell!

I know I will be there on opening day!

bassman
20-Jul-2006, 01:21 PM
I doubt that all of us will be able to see in in theaters....

It's probably going to be a very limited release.:confused:

I'm still p*ssed because I can't see the "Strangers with Candy" movie unless I drive across the state:mad:

EvilNed
20-Jul-2006, 02:32 PM
I guess it's kinda wierd when the best 3D movie was Friday the 13th 3D, hehe. I have that film. Haven't seen it in awhile, and I've never seen it in "true 3D". But yeah, it holds up.

dogma789
20-Jul-2006, 03:27 PM
Post deleted.

bassman
20-Jul-2006, 03:37 PM
drug use?

Maybe that means ol' Judy Rose isn't so stressed out in this one:p ....

zombiegirl
20-Jul-2006, 06:46 PM
I guess it's kinda wierd when the best 3D movie was Friday the 13th 3D

Yes it's pretty good but have you ever checked out Shrek 3D? Yeah, I know it's Shrek but I have kids and had to watch it. It does have some awesome 3D effects though.

As for zombie 3D, The movie will most likely suck but if it's in a theater within driving distance. I am there. If nothing else it'll be a good laugh. :D

Guru ofthe Dead
21-Jul-2006, 05:23 AM
Yes it's pretty good but have you ever checked out Shrek 3D? Yeah, I know it's Shrek but I have kids and had to watch it. It does have some awesome 3D effects though.

As for zombie 3D, The movie will most likely suck but if it's in a theater within driving distance. I am there. If nothing else it'll be a good laugh. :D
Yeah but I always liked Monster Chiller Horror Theatre from SCTV they had great 3D.:lol:

EvilNed
21-Jul-2006, 11:12 AM

No never did. Infact, I've only seen the first Shreck film. But it was good and funny. Maybe I should check out the others...

Anyway, fun fact, Steve Miner did Friday the 13th 3D. And he's doing the Day of the Dead remake.

aga
21-Jul-2006, 11:54 PM
I am absolutely amazed this is going into theatres, and 1500 at that. 3D is obviously making a resurgence with the improving technologies and has some heavy hitters behind it (Rodriguez with Spy Kids, Lucas with Star Wars OT in 3D and Cameron with his nigh-on obsession) I just hope the technology truly has improved, they seem to be having a hell of a lot of trouble with this and it was obviously done on the cheap so who knows what process they are using.

That being said the film will be utter ****e, but who can turn down a few leering zombies in 3D. The Night name gets raped once again though :mad:

Anarchist86ed
22-Jul-2006, 08:41 PM
I'll wait for it's premiere on the scifi chanell.

Dommm
24-Jul-2006, 02:28 PM
NOTLD '90 I thought this was great (not as good as the original), DOTD orignal kicks the 2004 version but I did like the 2004 version, I think it would have been better if they had just quoted the orignal dawn but change the name. But Zombies text messaging I think thats changing things way to much. This should also change names as GAR zombies do not text message.

bassman
24-Jul-2006, 02:32 PM
NOTLD '90 I thought this was great (not as good as the original), DOTD orignal kicks the 2004 version but I did like the 2004 version, I think it would have been better if they had just quoted the orignal dawn but change the name. But Zombies text messaging I think thats changing things way to much. This should also change names as GAR zombies do not text message.

Why does everyone seem to think that a dead man sends the "Comin 4 U Barb" message?:confused:

Dommm
24-Jul-2006, 02:38 PM
Okay assumption, but a twist on there coming for you barbara