PDA

View Full Version : New Short Film I have worked on...

DjfunkmasterG
16-Jul-2006, 05:43 AM
Just today myself and about 14 other people just shot another short film. This time it is for the Baltimore 48 hour film project. The film is in the last 24 hours of production, mostly post at this point.

Before I left Baltimore, I wrote the score for the end credit sof the film, and as soon as I am sent the rough cut I assume I will be adding more music to it. Just waiting for the rough cut.

A little about the film:

We picked Buddy Picture as our Genre
Our Character is John or Joanne (we chose Joanne)
Line/Quote: Something about food and Medicine

Well My DP and Make-Up FX supervisor were Producer and director. The wrote a good little script about over coming a fear of bowling. :lol: Trust it is meant to be funny.

Anyway the title is "Best Foot Forward"

As soon as I get a finished edit I will post it online for you fine folks.

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2006, 11:05 AM
Cool, that's sounds pretty funky. Damn, do they do these 48 hours things like every week over there? lol ... we've got fudge all here in the UK.

Danny
16-Jul-2006, 11:10 AM
Cool, that's sounds pretty funky. Damn, do they do these 48 hours things like every week over there? lol ... we've got fudge all here in the UK.

yeah weve just got a warehouse were an old man with a projector sits ,since 1872, amist cobwebs and boxes waiting for something to happen':eek:

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2006, 04:17 PM
Despite the fact cinema was born in 1894 :D

But yeah, this is how Britain is today Dj, some old crusty dude in the middle of a massively empty warehouse in middle England ... just waiting for something to 'appen (not being sarcastic, it's actually that bad! :|).

Or there's not enough film competitions, they always lean towards people with budgets and loads of equipment and people involved - they keep missing out people like me - the people who are in step one, rather than step three, of the "achieving a career in media" game. :rockbrow:

Danny
16-Jul-2006, 04:26 PM
But yeah, this is how Britain is today Dj, some old crusty dude in the middle of a massively empty warehouse in middle England ... just waiting for something to 'appen (not being sarcastic, it's actually that bad! :|).

were both telling the truth y'know, his names billy nagel and he lives on the clifton factory estate in warehouse 17 in summerset waiting for a film festival in britain.

he occasionally breaks out to go urban scrumping, for sega gamegears:lol:

and some say he was one of the origional pot noodle miners.

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2006, 04:31 PM
The fuel of Britain ... isn't it. :lol:

Yeah, the UK needs to buck up it's ideas regarding media ... of course, LABOUR hasn't helped in the slightest, especially that giant twat Brown *grumbles*. It's like the whole "local TV" issue - that'll never move forward with the big corporations behind it, the ONLY way it'll happen is British citizens getting off their own arses and doing something about it - like me and the initiative I'm involved with (founding member of in fact) in the Mercia area.

Then I'll organise our own competitions and show viewers films - and get mine on there first run (rather than waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting for Propeller to show "Trapped" - which I sent in November 2005, geez!)

Danny
16-Jul-2006, 04:35 PM
tahts what we gotta do, just send emails to any and all british indie film makers to like, rent a large warehouse and its grounds and have outdoor showings on the side of the building of films for free, with free trophys and you get a word of mouth effect plus people can say "oh at that 'uk horrorfest' (spur of the moment title) i though blah blah blahs cinematography ideals would work well with my latest script ill give him/ her a ring", and it gains momentum.

see?, im an idea man.:cool:

DjfunkmasterG
16-Jul-2006, 05:00 PM
Here, contact them. Send them an email they are always looking to move to new cities.

http://www.48hourfilm.com/tour/

Danny
16-Jul-2006, 05:28 PM
this looks like a job for minion zombie, im more of a cartoonist of late.:cool:

DjfunkmasterG
16-Jul-2006, 07:52 PM
Tell him to get on the ball.

I think I am going to head a team next year... I have been on two different teams whom have done great work, next year I am ready to take the reigns.

Fulcifan91
16-Jul-2006, 08:07 PM
i can't wait :)

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2006, 09:18 PM
lol - an email has now been dispatched to their asses.

I suggested Birmingham as the main one (and stated that "there is more to Britain that London"), because it's alllllllllllllways fahkin' Lahdahn with everything. Like I also said, there's an untapped torrent of filmmaking talent around the whole UK - we need our work shown damnit!

Danny
16-Jul-2006, 10:07 PM
lol - an email has now been dispatched to their asses.

I suggested Birmingham as the main one (and stated that "there is more to Britain that London"), because it's alllllllllllllways fahkin' Lahdahn with everything. Like I also said, there's an untapped torrent of filmmaking talent around the whole UK - we need our work shown damnit!

it HAD to be birmingham or nottingham or somewere like that, NO lahn-dan ..OR es-ecks either, bloody cockney gits.:moon:

Fulcifan91
17-Jul-2006, 12:11 AM
Also, DJ was a little off with the details of what we picked (Sorry DJ, I know you were tired! :) )

Genre:Buddy Film (Originally drew Detective/Cop, threw back in for a wildcard)
Prop: Medecine
Character: Joe/Joanne Murphey, Phys. Ed. Teacher
Line of Diolauge: "Just give her time to figure it out"

But it really was a pleasure working with alot of familiar people again on the 48HFP

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jul-2006, 12:55 AM
Thanks for correcting me... :D

When i posted that I was up 24 hours. :p

Fulcifan91
17-Jul-2006, 04:34 PM
Well, it turns out that they turned the film in late. The deadline was 7:30, and they got there at 7:50. It doesnt mean it won't screen, but we can't win any awards, aside from audience awards.

:rolleyes: its too bad, i really though it had a chance at winning.

MinionZombie
17-Jul-2006, 04:43 PM
20 minutes late and they do that? Damn that's harsh, caught in traffic or something? Can't control that, have a heart 48 hour film people.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jul-2006, 04:46 PM
From the email I received it seems there was a problem with the export of the final film. Something about dropped frames so they had to work it out.

MinionZombie
17-Jul-2006, 04:50 PM
Damn those dropped frames, they p*ss me off. I used to have trouble with that, but that was to do with importing footage from my analogue Hi8 camera into my desktop. Going miniDV kicked that problem in the ass no problem, no more synchronicity issues for me, woo!

I'm looking forward to seeing this latest 48 hour film, the last one was kick ass.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jul-2006, 05:40 PM
This was shot on MiniDV and I believe Captured to MAC. Then printed back to tape... I think. The email was a bit confusing. It sucks there was an export problem, but sometimes you have to sacrifice a deadline for quality.

All that matters is another film was made.

Fulcifan91
19-Jul-2006, 04:56 AM
Well teh film screened tonight along with 11 other films. 'Best Foot Forward' was one of the better ones, but since it was late, we arent eligable (spelling?) for awards. There was some audio problems with the film turned into the 48HFP, but were later fixed for the DVD copy.