PDA

View Full Version : Donation = Special forum features?

Cody
16-Jul-2006, 05:59 PM
I think we had a donation feature on the old forum? but anyways are these forums gonna get that feature to donate to get a rainbow colored name or something? bigger avatar size?

Neil
16-Jul-2006, 08:52 PM
Well, back on the old forum was an option is subscribe. This allowed you also to access more fiction. That option is of course still there...

I'll look into maybe putting a simple little subscribe option here maybe... But to honest not sure what the incentive would be for people to take it...

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah that was what I was thinking, there's isn't really much that could be offered in exchange for a donation on this forum, because Zombie Flesh Eater status affords you any such bells & whistles...hmmm.

I think the subscription status works best for fiction really...

Andy
16-Jul-2006, 09:43 PM
personally i dont agree with charging people for forum features :rockbrow:

Danny
16-Jul-2006, 10:14 PM
i dont like to pay for stuff thats specific to a certain genre, i guess for fiction its okay-ish but thats cus its not like the rip off cash shops in mmorpg's:dead:

Neil
18-Jul-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah that was what I was thinking, there's isn't really much that could be offered in exchange for a donation on this forum, because Zombie Flesh Eater status affords you any such bells & whistles...hmmm.

I think the subscription status works best for fiction really...

Agreed :)

Arcades057
22-Jul-2006, 11:27 PM
Neil, any chance of accepting Discover card for subscriptions?

Neil
23-Jul-2006, 10:57 AM
Neil, any chance of accepting Discover card for subscriptions?

Are we talking about on the old forum (for Fiction)? If so, I'm afraid it can only accept the cards PayPal accepts... Does that answer your question?

Arcades057
24-Jul-2006, 03:49 AM
It does, thanks. Need me a new card then.

LoSTBoY
25-Jul-2006, 02:04 PM
What about letting us write or own captions?

The moderators have the option (e.g MinionZombie = King of the Undead)
so couldn't we change ours?

There could be the option in the settings to keep it as it is (Dependant on rating) but you could let us change it to our own preference.

P.S: This is free of course. :shifty:

MinionZombie
25-Jul-2006, 04:43 PM
But then you're just making the perks of being a Mod become mainstream, once the peasants get into the box of tricks. :lol:

Let them eat cake, eh? :p

LoSTBoY
26-Jul-2006, 05:44 PM
But then you're just making the perks of being a Mod become mainstream, once the peasants get into the box of tricks. :lol:

Let them eat cake, eh? :p

Isn't deleting threads and accounts enough for you 'Big Bother' types! :moon:

MinionZombie
26-Jul-2006, 10:21 PM
No, didn't you know? Enough is never enough. Bells & whistles are fun, our duties carry with them liabilities and ethics and ra ra ra. :lol:

Andy
27-Jul-2006, 11:06 PM
What about letting us write or own captions?

The moderators have the option (e.g MinionZombie = King of the Undead)
so couldn't we change ours?

There could be the option in the settings to keep it as it is (Dependant on rating) but you could let us change it to our own preference.

P.S: This is free of course. :shifty:

members who have gained ZFE (zombie flesh eater) status can change their own title.

DjfunkmasterG
28-Jul-2006, 03:01 PM
Whats the post count for ZFE?

MinionZombie
28-Jul-2006, 04:45 PM
Well, I was gonna say, but then maybe I won't, lol. Basically, it's a LOT and everyone is way off so far. Basically this isn't an invitation for people to start spamming up the boards with a load of junk posts just to get a high post count - because obviously that's not tolerated and you'd just get 10 lashes with P2501's whip (with the pink fluffy handle) ... as well as the normal warning points and post count reduction.

So basically, ZFE status is a long way off for everybody still (it was decided to make it more of a real achievement once attained a long way down the road, rather than back on Loom when it was relatively easy to get there), and don't go spamming up the boards in search of a high post count!

Patience is rewarded, my underlings. :elol:

Andy
29-Jul-2006, 07:42 PM
Well, I was gonna say, but then maybe I won't, lol. Basically, it's a LOT and everyone is way off so far. Basically this isn't an invitation for people to start spamming up the boards with a load of junk posts just to get a high post count - because obviously that's not tolerated and you'd just get 10 lashes with P2501's whip (with the pink fluffy handle) ... as well as the normal warning points and post count reduction.

So basically, ZFE status is a long way off for everybody still (it was decided to make it more of a real achievement once attained a long way down the road, rather than back on Loom when it was relatively easy to get there), and don't go spamming up the boards in search of a high post count!

Patience is rewarded, my underlings. :elol:

i just wanna add, ZFE status is still no where near as good as moderator status. and before any of ye ask, the only way a member will get moderator perks is to be chosen as a mod :moon:

LoSTBoY
29-Jul-2006, 11:49 PM
:rolleyes: What a jip!

I was nearing ZFE with the old forum and now we have to start it all over again.

DjfunkmasterG
01-Aug-2006, 11:54 PM
So ZFE is like 10,000 Posts huh? If so... Good!

Now if I can just nail Mod status :sneaky:

MinionZombie
02-Aug-2006, 10:07 AM
*psst* send the dancing girls and basket of mini muffins round back and I'll see what I can do. :lol:

LoSTBoY
05-Aug-2006, 02:38 AM
*psst* send the dancing girls and basket of mini muffins round back and I'll see what I can do. :lol:

Minion. You smell of corruption. Corruption and Booooooooooooze! :lol:

MinionZombie
05-Aug-2006, 09:59 AM
Not quite, more like:

Corruption
Booze
Fine-ass pooty-tang
A mountain of snow the size of Everest
Knock-off Japanese electronics
and...
Sweat ... from all the coked-up whore-humping atop electronics and snow. :lol:

Now that's some fine corruption, I'm thinking of breaking into the trading of illegal immigrants too...:p, maybe I'll become a politician in later life. Then the circle of sleaze will be complete.