PDA

View Full Version : Any "Grim Fandango" fans here?

MinionZombie
17-Jul-2006, 10:41 AM
Hellsing's post reminded me about the game, which was sitting gathering dust on my shelf under a stack of FPS' and I was after something different to play after 'doing' the FPS thing a few games in a row.

I was going to play Kingpin again (classic), but I kept getting an "insert the CD" error - even though the damn thing was friggin' in there! Anyway, decided to give GF another go (I'd previously played it on XP anyway so I knew it would work).

I've got no interest in solving the puzzles or any of that sort of thing (lol, I use a walkthrough). What I love about the game is the style and the story most of all. It's like watching a film noir with all the trimmings. It's just such a great game.

I'm currently mid-way through Year 2, should have it finished off by tomorrow night...SUCH a good game. Any fans here?

imamazed
17-Jul-2006, 11:17 AM
yes I absolutely love it - the soundtrack is tremendous.

Unfortunately, my "friend" lost my copy...

Danny
17-Jul-2006, 04:56 PM
never played it cus my pc is a game retard, it plays the sims and nothign else, wether its more advanced or not.

MinionZombie
17-Jul-2006, 11:19 PM
lol, get a new computer :lol:

I'd imagine it could manage Grim Fandango ... it's 9 years old and doesn't even require a mouse. :rockbrow: And yet, it's friggin' great. :cool:

Exatreides
18-Jul-2006, 12:23 AM
where can I get it?

Danny
18-Jul-2006, 12:25 AM
if you were in england id suggest goin to see billy nagel in his warehouse, he sells copyied games nad videos on the cheap, but otherwise i suggest ebay or an abandoned software site, if its not still protected.

Zombieuk
18-Jul-2006, 08:12 AM
I do love this game, it got such a great story to it.

There doing a movie of it now I hoping it done in well.

MinionZombie
20-Jul-2006, 11:56 AM
I finished playing it again yesterday and it's still a great game. Basically all you need to do is condense it a bit and you've got yourself a movie ... it's just getting it stylistically right, it has the potential to be an excellent flick ... but some moron could just as easily come along and completely ruin it.

My favourite part is Year 2 in Rubacava because of all the Casablanca references, it's also the best looking part of the game.