PDA

View Full Version : BBC Local TV - got a film showing...

MinionZombie
17-Jul-2006, 04:46 PM
How do people,

Tomorrow on BBC Local TV (BBC 1, press the red button on Sky, click on Local TV and there you go), I've got a film showing about the Hereford Butter Market, so if you're in the UK you can check it out tomorrow.

They say it'll be on after 6pm (6:20 - for 10 minutes - is the Hereford & Worcester segment - which is where my film will be), but last time they said that it had been playing all day. So rock up onto Local TV tomorrow and you'll find it.

The Hereford & Worcester segment is at twenty past the hour, every hour.

It'll be up on the local TV website (via the BBC main website) too, so even you Yanks can check it out. :cool:

MinionZombie
20-Jul-2006, 11:50 AM
Alright bitches - here it is online, so even Americans can see it! :D

*edit*

lol ... turns out Americans can't actually view it (got word from P2501), oh well, Brits can check it out, I'll try and get a copy of that and another one up soon (just waiting for a copy from the guys I made the films for).

Inside Hereford's Butter Market (http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?tab=av&q=hereford%20butter%20market&recipe=all&scope=all&edition=)

I did the filming and directing, left the editing to someone else ... I was a bit p*ssed off everything was just sped up and that a whole bunch of really good and colourful shots were left out, also, I'm not into the music used ... but I just didn't wanna edit it because on previous experiences it just turns into a great big *thing* and I just get p*ssed off, so I let someone else do the editing to save me from having to get all angry, ha!

Danny
21-Jul-2006, 06:32 PM
nice work but yeah i didnt like how the editor used the cribs "hey lets speed bits into a montage, that'll be with 'it '' style of altering the speed.

i bet you hate doing films like this though, still one rung up the ladder and all that.

MinionZombie
21-Jul-2006, 09:57 PM
lol, tell me about it. It's fun for a short time, it was something new and different each time so it kept it varied, which was nice. While I'm fully capable (and even willing) to do things that aren't my favourite or forte, I obviously would much prefer to do something down my street.

But indeed - this sort of thing affords me contacts, work experience as well as learning valuable skills/lessons.

As for the editing - indeed, I can't be doing with all that sped up stuff, but ah well. He said it was cos my pans or my handheld footage or whatever wasn't smooth enough (bollocks was it, it was perfectly fine ... ironic that the guy who said that very thing can't do handheld to save their life). He left out a bunch of great and colourful shots and there was plenty of handheld (and of course tripod) footage that was totally very usable (an hour of raw footage for a 2 minute film, geez!).

*ack*

The guy is fussy as hell and turns everything into such an ordeal, but he's good to know and he's a nice bloke, just focusses on the negatives of everything far too much though, which just harshes my buzz. I always find it much better to be positive - how can something be done, or why it should be done - that's what I prefer.

*rant over, I'll shut up now*

KingStoph
25-Jul-2006, 07:55 AM
*Bangs head on Table* I MISSED IT!!!

You Shoulda E-Mailed me :dead:

LOL! Then again ive been off for ages :barf:

wait... its online :D Ok ill watch it now lol!

MinionZombie
25-Jul-2006, 10:17 AM
Go to the A-Z on there and go watch "Making Japanese Edo Kites", that was one I made as well. Also "Coming Home" (although I think they renamed it to "Coming Home To Hereford" ... which I wasn't pleased about). There's another about the Reverend Pralph, but I don't know what they renamed it to, the bastards! :rockbrow: