PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising BANNED in Germany....

Cykotic
20-Jul-2006, 08:22 AM
http://xbox360.qj.net/Dead-Rising-Banned-in-Germany/pg/49/aid/58947

or if you're too damn lazy to click the link...

The sensational zombie-slasher from Capcom for the Xbox 360, Dead Rising, will not appear in Germany. Apparently the USK, the people who test the appropriateness of games, didn't like the way you can hack, slash, kill and maim the zombies. This is especially odd because a number of years ago the same group did approve the infamous game Carmageddon, in which you had to drive over people for points (although human pedestrians were replaced by zombies in the German version).

Censorship like that has been applied many times before on violent games in Germany, so the USK have most likely raised the bar on their standards when it comes to violent content. In a way it's pointless to ban the game from the shelves, because the people who really want to play this will just order it online or make a trip to their neighboring countries (Netherlands for example). Somehow I doubt that Capcom wants to replace their zombies with robots, it would ruin the whole game short of a rename to Dead Rebooting.

Dead Rising is scheduled for release on September 15 this year, but since the game has been delayed many times before we can't be sure of this. This will be an Xbox 360 exclusive.

MinionZombie
20-Jul-2006, 10:26 AM
Aye I saw this over on Melon Farmers. Don't you find it ironic that a nation that has historically done one of the most violent things ever (the holocaust) seeks to ban harmless horror movies/games/shows, bit daft really.

*DISCLAIMER*

Indeed, the VAST MAJORITY of Germans are fine. Only the vast minority of German folk loyal to the Nazi cause are (or rather were) the Jew burning type, just to make that clear, I'm cool with the Germans.

Just saying that I find it kinda funny, possibly ironic ... after all ... it's frickin' ZOMBIES man! lol.

p2501
20-Jul-2006, 03:06 PM
that sucks for germans.

then again, they can just buy it on the internets and ship it over.

Tullaryx
20-Jul-2006, 03:31 PM
It's not an outright ban. If the USK doesn't give the game a rating, Capcom can still sell the game without it. It just means that only adults with ID can request to purchase the game. The game can't be shown in display and advertised. This means it won't sell tons of units, but those kids with very open-minded parents and/or adult guardians can still get one by proxy.

Cody
20-Jul-2006, 07:18 PM
germany is trying to repent for there sins, LOL, im german