PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Distribution.... Look no further!

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jul-2006, 05:03 PM
Many people always have asked how to I get my stuff distributed so the world can look at it? Well I have a few answers.

There are two companies that handle distribution for indie stuff like ours, and theses companies are what you consider self distribution, but with perks.

First there is INDIEFLIX - indieflix is a self distribution label that you send your master too and they produce the maser into a DVD that they sell off their website for $9.95 (you receive about $3.33) for every disc sold. The nice part about indieflix is you retain all of the rights, and decided which territories you want your films to be seen in.

there is no upstart fee and you can cancel the agreement at anytime. Check it out at www.indieflix.com

For More infor visit - www.indieflix.com tell them DEADLANDSTHEMOVIE@YAHOO.COM Sent you.

Secondly, there is CustomFlix... Now this company has a fee more perks to it, but some cons.

1st, they are apart of Amazon and imdb.com so you will have your stuff up on IMDB.com and because they are owned by Amazon you material will be sold to a high traffic website and be seen. Unlike indieflix, CustomFlix handles the promotion of the material and they even give you a free E-store. Again you retain all the rights, and can cancel at anytime.

They charge you $7.95 + 5% which = $8.37 for each disc, and you can set the price to whatever you want. So if you set it for $20.00 you will get $11.63 for every DVD sold. Not too mention with Amazon Sales you can make a pretty Penny.

They have some fee's...

If you already have a DVD master it costs you $50.00 to get things rolling, if your master is on MiniDV and needs to be added to DVD they charge an extra $50.00, but the nice side is the Disc Artwork and Cover art is designed by you and that is what they use. Also, they report to VideoScan which is A.C. Neilsen tracked. You can also buy Inventory for yourself at the bottom barrel price of $8.37 per disc, or if you buy over 30 discs it is $5.95 per disc..

for more info Visit - www.customflix.com tell them DEADLANDSTHEMOVIE@YAHOO.COM Sent you.

Now here are some small issues... Both Companies do not make Pressed DVD's. All DVD's are DVD-R's but have professional printing, because they are printable DVD-R's. Everyone that has used them has raved about them, and they handle all your returns for you.

Custom Flix allows for more DVD content, but it costs you more to have the initial master made so it is better to make and send your own master. Indieflix allows the film and a trailer only. Custom Flix does do chapter stops, but at an extra fee. Indieflix doesn't do chapter stops.

Visit both sites for more details.

Fulcifan91
24-Jul-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey, Gary, do you think any of that is possible for Eating Habits? Or is only like feature, or good stuff? :confused:

How did you learn abotu these sites?

and which one are you using for Deadlands?

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jul-2006, 07:25 PM
You can use both, that is the beauty of it. They will distribute anything. The question is do you want to do it? You have to wait until we complete Eating Habits and see how long it runs and if you want to try and sell it.

Some stuff on there runs 20 minutes, some run 90 minutes. You have to decide what you want to do.

Fulcifan91
24-Jul-2006, 07:43 PM
I read somewhere on indieflix, but i dindt understand, so they sell $3 shorts and $10 features?

axlish
24-Jul-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks for posting this DJ.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jul-2006, 08:57 PM
No problem.

I was going to use Indieflix and CustomFlix to distribute DEADLANDS: The Rising in fact I just finished printing the filmmaker agreements, and Now I just have to wait to complete the pick-up shots and insert them in the film, then make my digital master.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to stickify this for other filmmakers

S&Dproductions
05-Mar-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the info.