PDA

View Full Version : New forum to discuss the 'remakes'

Neil
24-Jul-2006, 06:50 PM
With Night of the Living Dead 3D due out later this year and Day of the Dead due to commence filming this month, HPotD has a new dedicated forum to discuss them.

Click here to enter the "Dead Remakes" forum... (www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=26)

bassman
24-Jul-2006, 06:54 PM
Cool.

Although, It should be called "Dead Rip-offs":p

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jul-2006, 07:23 PM
"Dead films better than Romero's LAND" rings a nice bell with me!

Or

"Still DEAD, but not ROMERO DEAD!"

Neil
24-Jul-2006, 07:25 PM
"Dead films better than Romero's LAND" rings a nice bell with me!

Or

"Still DEAD, but not ROMERO DEAD!"

You recon you'll prefer NotLD3D and the Day Remake to Land?

bassman
24-Jul-2006, 07:26 PM

:lol:

Yeah....great point.

axlish
24-Jul-2006, 07:27 PM

Doubtful, but possible unfortunately.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jul-2006, 07:28 PM
I doubt I will like NOTLD 3D... I wanna see it, but I doubt I will like it. As far as the DAY remake goes, it doesn't look good to me either. (Based on recent news) however, we haven't heard much about it, and we all hated the thought of a DAWN remake and that turned out pretty decent.

The day I will i get ****ed is the DAY DEADLANDS is remade.! However, since that day will never come I am not worried about it.

bassman
24-Jul-2006, 07:29 PM
and we all hated the thought of a DAWN remake and that turned out pretty decent.

Says who??

:D

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jul-2006, 07:32 PM
Says who??

So sayeth the DJ! :D

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2006, 07:33 PM
Land of the Dead rocks, bitches! That's the MZ view, ha!

I was talking about Land of the Dead yesterday with a mate of mine (who I went to see Land with, opening night here in the UK) and he loved it ... then he got his brother to watch it and he also loves it ... just saying as it was pertinent to the convo.

Cody
24-Jul-2006, 07:44 PM
just what the doc ordered

Neil
24-Jul-2006, 07:49 PM
Says who??

I do.. The Dawn remake was OK... Could have so easily have been so much better though!

bassman
24-Jul-2006, 08:17 PM
I do.. The Dawn remake was OK... Could have so easily have been so much better though!

Yeah....I was just joshing around. Even I will say that at certain points....if you turn off your brain...it's almost enjoyable.

I just like to keep the argument going with DJ:p ....

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2006, 10:02 PM
Even I watched Yawn04 recently, and found enjoyment in the gore ... I still p*ssed blood at the script and all the running/jumping/hissing ... but that said, I also watched Land recently ... which did I prefer? I think that's obvious, Land of course! :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
25-Jul-2006, 12:12 PM
I just like to keep the argument going with DJ:p ....

It keeps the vibe from turning BLAND! :D

Even I watched Yawn04 recently, and found enjoyment in the gore ... I still p*ssed blood at the script and all the running/jumping/hissing ... but that said, I also watched Land recently ... which did I prefer? I think that's obvious, Land of course! :cool:

I watched BLAND on the new TV, and it still sucked, now it just sucks a whole lot more because it was on a 50" screen as opposed to 36". :lol:

Actually, LAND ain't a super bad film, it has moments. There is a lot worse sh*t out there (Contagium, Resident Evil, House of the Dead, Dead and Breakfast) I still think it is a weak film that should have been re-shot or re-edited. However, if you remove anything with Big Daddy in it, and That stupid comment from Riley at the end you might have a good zombie film in there somewhere.

brainychick26
07-Aug-2006, 07:10 PM
I really hope Day of the Dead is good and looks a lot better than the stills from the Night of the Living Dead 3d.

Also, why did they cast Ving as Rhodes?

I really like Ving and it sucks to think of him as capt rhodes...unless I am getting the characters confused, but wasn't Rhodes the guy who got pulled apart at the end? or is rhodes the pilot?

bassman
07-Aug-2006, 07:19 PM
I really hope Day of the Dead is good and looks a lot better than the stills from the Night of the Living Dead 3d.

Also, why did they cast Ving as Rhodes?

I really like Ving and it sucks to think of him as capt rhodes...unless I am getting the characters confused, but wasn't Rhodes the guy who got pulled apart at the end? or is rhodes the pilot?

Yeah, Capt. Rhodes is the A-hole that get's ripped in half while screaming "Choke on em!" in the end.

The pilot was the black man named John.