View Full Version : Final Teaser Trailer - Deadlands

DjfunkmasterG
25-Jul-2006, 12:17 AM
Well here it is guys...

The final full trailer for DEADLANDS: The Rising

Enjoy

http://www.playingwithdeadthings.com/DEADLANDSTEASER.html

You Tube Version

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hmoqXzJzmxM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hmoqXzJzmxM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>

Bunker65
25-Jul-2006, 04:36 AM
I posted this in the General Forum as well but figured I'd put it here too just in case :)

"Great teaser DJ. It's looking amazing . I can wait to get my copy pre-ordered in October .

Quick question for you. I know you mentioned in the Film Makers sub-forum that you submitted Deadlands to the Rhode Island Horror Film Festival in Newport & the NYC Horror Film Festival in Tribeca. Any idea of the dates of those festivals ?? I am in Newport alot visiting family & I work a few blocks from Tribeca so I would like to see Deadlands at one of the festivals. If you have any idea of the dates I would appreciate you posting them. Thanks !!"

Fulcifan91
25-Jul-2006, 05:16 AM
cool new trailer.

deadwrtr
25-Jul-2006, 02:04 PM
You're really, really bald! Is that natural, or did you shave your head? :D

Telly Savalas would be proud...

Loved the attack where the zombies swarmed the guy at the bunker/military outpost!

DjfunkmasterG
25-Jul-2006, 02:25 PM
Well Without shaving I get the horse shoe effect, so yes I shave my mellon.

Fulcifan91
25-Jul-2006, 06:51 PM
with a rozaor, or a hair shaving thing?

deadwrtr
25-Jul-2006, 07:41 PM

I have never been brave enough to take that last step, the ultimate in hair styles.

Some people look terrible with a shaved head. You, on the other hand, do not.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Jul-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks... I think I look pretty sexy with a bald head too. :D :lol:

and Yes Fulci, I use a razor.

zombiegirl
25-Jul-2006, 08:56 PM

My hubby has a horse shoe too when he doesn't shave but I think he looks dead sexy when he shaves. Lots of women like bald men. Be proud of your parking lot or drive through however your choose to wear it. :D

DjfunkmasterG
25-Jul-2006, 09:05 PM
Oh I love my Chrome Dome. My hats fit better. No worries about "Does my hair look ok" before a big event or night out. I save money on Shampoo :D

a little turtle wax gives me that everlasting shine. :p

And when you ladies ever need a mirror to check out your make-up just ask and I can show the dome so you can do those last minute touch-ups to look fabulous.

Fulcifan91
26-Jul-2006, 04:37 AM
Oh I love my Chrome Dome. My hats fit better. No worries about "Does my hair look ok" before a big event or night out. I save money on Shampoo :D

a little turtle wax gives me that everlasting shine. :p

And when you ladies ever need a mirror to check out your make-up just ask and I can show the dome so you can do those last minute touch-ups to look fabulous.
Hahahahhaha.

Also, i love the guitar on that song, im assuming brian did that? It adds alot to the song.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Jul-2006, 11:50 AM
Yes, Brian did that.

Brian also does lead guitars on 2 other songs in the movie. Plus he was a member of the band Mere Edge which performs the song Mystic Shadows which is used in the film as well.

LouCipherr
26-Jul-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah, the guitar stuff was me. The tune "Mystic Shadows" that's in the movie was recorded by my band Mere Edge back in 2001. Still my favorite song we ever did (even though I still complain about the drum mix.. :rolleyes:). The selections of music for the movie I recorded on were basically completed tracks handed to me with the exception of one small instrumental, and even that one got the "gary" keyboard treatment, which turned out totally kick-ass.

The ones he gave me he just said "put something heavy on them, set the mood" Thank god he liked what I did on the tracks! :lol: See, he's more into the dance/dj stuff (being a former Dj, this isn't surprising ;)), and my feet are firmly planted in the rock/hard rock/metal field, so it's a nice mix and sets the mood for the movie really well.

Performing the guitar stuff on the music you're hearing behind this trailer was a blast! I had just picked up a Line6 GuitarPort a few months earlier and finally got to exploit it while tracking some of the songs for the movie. Fun stuff indeed. I believe I tracked 3 layers of guitar harmonies, and if I remember correctly there's 7-8 tracks of guitar on there. :elol: Yeah, I know, once you get a guitarist started, it's hard to stop them! I was ready to layer 10 more tracks on there 'till he finally said "that's perfect, stop!" :lol:

I just wish I had time to layer guitars over the entire soundtrack - but alas, time is of the essence, and 99% of Gary's tunes stand on their own two feet without assistance, so it's all good. ;)

LC

deadwrtr
26-Jul-2006, 04:44 PM
Yes, Brian did that.

Brian also does lead guitars on 2 other songs in the movie. Plus he was a member of the band Mere Edge which performs the song Mystic Shadows which is used in the film as well.

Wasn't Deadman Deluxe going to do your soundtrack?

DjfunkmasterG
26-Jul-2006, 04:48 PM
He said he compiled tracks, and a few months ago he mentioned something more about it, and I haven't heard from him since. I can't wait for anyone at this point it needed to be completed so I just started cutting the soundtrack myself.

I really wanted him to do the score, but now it is crunch time and I have festivals to submit too and get ready for and can't do it without a score.

Maybe next time. :)

LouCipherr
28-Jul-2006, 01:05 PM
Hell, even I didn't get a chance to record on every track, but the ones we did collaborate on turned out simply fantastic. I would've liked to, but as I said, time is of the essence, and his tracks stand on their own without my contributions, so it's all good. Not only that, the music he's written fits the mood of the movie so well, i'm almost afraid to touch them 'cause they just fit so well.

Dj is fun to collaborate music with - albeit it he's VERY tough when it comes to intonation and me matching what he hears in his head, but he's also very open to suggestion and is willing to give anything a chance. He just has a very clear vision in his mind that he's looking for.

Dj, you should be a music producer! :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
28-Jul-2006, 01:08 PM
Dj, you should be a music producer!

No F*cking Way! :D

LouCipherr
28-Jul-2006, 06:49 PM
:lol:

And why not? Are guitarists harder to deal with than actors? I find that very difficult to believe! :D

MagicMoonMonkey
05-Sep-2006, 12:51 AM
Haven't been on in some time DJ, so I havent followed the progress of your flick. In saying that, I am glad I dropped by when I did and found the time to view your trailer. I wish you and your movie luck and hope its the first step to bigger things.

P.S. When you get your first big zombie flick deal, remember your old Scottish pal 'Wildee'. I don't want to be a zombie in it though! I want to be a soldier or some other gun-weilding character that doesn't get eaten... lol

Best of luck to you buddy. Take care.

DjfunkmasterG
05-Sep-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey DUDE,

Where the heck you been?

Anyway, thanks for the luck and everything, and if I ever get a deal like that I will make I can put a casting call on HPotD. :D