PDA

View Full Version : Living Dead Weekend Monroeville 2018

Kaos
01-Feb-2018, 02:44 AM
http://www.thelivingdeadweekend.com/living-dead-weekend-monroeville/

I'm taking my daughter to this one. We have VIP tickets, and a behind the scenes tour Friday night. First convention appearance by Richard France btw. They update their facebook page quicker than their web page, but Greg Nicotero will be there too.

JDP
01-Feb-2018, 04:30 PM
The Monroeville Mall should have prohibited any further messing with the original configuration of its stores and declared them to be "landmarks". They should specially never have allowed the locale where the Penneys department store was to be torn down and turned into a movie theater :mad:

Neil
01-Feb-2018, 07:16 PM
http://www.thelivingdeadweekend.com/living-dead-weekend-monroeville/

I'm taking my daughter to this one. We have VIP tickets, and a behind the scenes tour Friday night. First convention appearance by Richard France btw. They update their facebook page quicker than their web page, but Greg Nicotero will be there too.

All the VIP tickets are gone already :(

Kaos
11-Feb-2018, 06:40 AM
They may open up a few more VIP tickets. Keep your eyes open!

Monrozombi
25-Mar-2018, 08:37 PM
i'll be there as well. May have the whole family but not sure. Its going to be a blast!

bassman
26-Mar-2018, 07:30 PM
Wish I’d heard about this sooner, I would’ve been all over those vip tickets. I’d totally be up for the road trip to PA. Fingers crossed they’ll put up some more!

bassman
01-Apr-2018, 06:11 AM
So there have been some discussions behind the scenes between long-time and regular members here regarding possibly setting up a meeting between fans here from HPotD, amongst other possibilities. Just as a very early preliminary question: How many members would be open to or interested in participating in a meet up for this event. Prior, during, after, maybe even road trips or extra activities involving all our long time buddies here at HPotD.

Just kinda testing the waters. Who might be interested?

Monrozombi
01-Apr-2018, 07:41 PM
So there have been some discussions behind the scenes between long-time and regular members here regarding possibly setting up a meeting between fans here from HPotD, amongst other possibilities. Just as a very early preliminary question: How many members would be open to or interested in participating in a meet up for this event. Prior, during, after, maybe even road trips or extra activities involving all our long time buddies here at HPotD.

Just kinda testing the waters. Who might be interested?

Let's do it. I mean how often are we all going to get the chance to actually meet in person at an event like this.

bassman
03-Apr-2018, 04:08 AM
Let's do it. I mean how often are we all going to get the chance to actually meet in person at an event like this.

Exactly! Looks like you’re in PA, so you have easy access. Right now we’re trying to figure out how to get some of the more globally fans over here. I’m offering airport pickup and travel! Really looking forward to it! I hope it happens

Kaos
03-Apr-2018, 07:06 PM
I'd be glad to meet up with folks. We're booked for the Friday night tour, and we are going to the VIP mixer. I could catch up with you guys anytime before or after those events.

bassman
04-Apr-2018, 10:04 AM
I'd be glad to meet up with folks. We're booked for the Friday night tour, and we are going to the VIP mixer. I could catch up with you guys anytime before or after those events.

Sweet! Seeing as we’re kinda late getting this HPotD gathering together, most of us won’t have vip tickets, so we’ll just have to go get drunk and wander the parking lots. Seems fitting though, doesn’t it?? lol

Kaos
05-Apr-2018, 06:01 AM
I am thinking about bringing a projector and portable blu-ray player. We could schedule a late night unauthorized showing of any version of Dawn we would like to show. I am thinking maybe after Friday night's tour.

bassman
05-Apr-2018, 12:32 PM
I am thinking about bringing a projector and portable blu-ray player. We could schedule a late night unauthorized showing of any version of Dawn we would like to show. I am thinking maybe after Friday night's tour.

I have no idea how all the rights stuff works, but being that this is an official convention, wouldn’t it be risky to do an unauthorized screening?

Kaos
05-Apr-2018, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of a screening in one of our rooms... not in one of the convention rooms.

bassman
06-Apr-2018, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of a screening in one of our rooms... not in one of the convention rooms.

Oh.....well in that case, heck yeah! :lol:

Monrozombi
11-Apr-2018, 11:04 PM
i've been on here since 1998 and i'd love to meet up with some old heads and kick back some Iron City's in Monroeville

ProfessorChaos
16-Apr-2018, 02:03 AM
damn, i've been waiting for years to make the pilgrimage and finally planned it for this year..in may, like 2 weeks before this goes down. there's not enough sad face emoji's on the internet to describe how bummed i am right now.

the purpose of our trip is to visit PNC park (trying to see all MLB parks in my lifetime, kind of my thing) and see the monroeville mall and evans city cemetery. i really should get on this site more often, might have planned things a bit differently if i had known about this.

edit: the wife and i already have booked hotels and purchased tickets for a couple of pittsburgh pirates games in may (they are out of town the weekend of this convention), as well as requested time off from our respective jobs. it's also about 8 hours from home so there's really no way i can make 2 trips like that 2 weeks apart. otherwise i'd be all over this event like a cheap suit.

Kaos
12-Jun-2018, 02:38 PM

My daughter took a selfie with flyboy while we were waiting for the Behind the Scenes tour of the mall. In the background is the motorcycle entrance.

MinionZombie
12-Jun-2018, 04:16 PM
What was the con like, Kaos? It would have been awesome to be there, but financially speaking it just wasn't a goer for me all the way over here on the other side of the pond.

ProfessorChaos
12-Jun-2018, 04:52 PM
yeah, i've been wondering how many of you guys went? was there an HpotD meet-up? like i said before, if i lived anywhere close i'd have been there.

Kaos
13-Jun-2018, 09:35 PM
I had a great time. Didn't meet up with any HPOTD folks I didn't already know though. The highlight was definitely the after hours tour of the mall. Seeing the control room/boiler room, the hallway that leads to the stairway to the loft, etc... The layout of back area of the mall in the movie is different in reality. The hallway behind the door that is covered up in the movie isn't connected to the stairwell that leads up to the living area. The control room/boiler room is on the opposite side of the mall off of the first floor. The boiler room did have that familiar hum though.

First time meeting Richard France and John Amplas. Richard still has that great voice.

JDP
13-Jun-2018, 11:32 PM
I had a great time. Didn't meet up with any HPOTD folks I didn't already know though. The highlight was definitely the after hours tour of the mall. Seeing the control room/boiler room, the hallway that leads to the stairway to the loft, etc... The layout of back area of the mall in the movie is different in reality. The hallway behind the door that is covered up in the movie isn't connected to the stairwell that leads up to the living area. The control room/boiler room is on the opposite side of the mall off of the first floor. The boiler room did have that familiar hum though.

First time meeting Richard France and John Amplas. Richard still has that great voice.

Did he say "DUMMIES! DUMMIES! DUMMIES!"? Inquiring minds want to know.

MinionZombie
14-Jun-2018, 10:00 AM
Ooh, the after hours tour must've been great! *jealous* :)

Oh aye, Richard France has a fantastic voice, doesn't he? He was great in Dawn and great in The Crazies, too.

Kaos
07-Feb-2021, 09:02 PM
Hey folks,

Someone on the tour I was on posted a video of the highlights of the after hours tour:

1y47USWG5zk

I hope you enjoy it.

Neil
08-Feb-2021, 09:46 AM
That's great thank!

Flyboy looks good 40yrs on! :)

Kaos
08-Feb-2021, 04:14 PM
That's great thank!

Flyboy looks good 40yrs on! :)

He is from the UK. At other times during the con he was the non-zombie Flyboy wearing a leather jacket and aviator sunglasses. Gaylen Ross did a double-take when he walked by.

Neil
08-Feb-2021, 08:12 PM
gaylen ross did a double-take when he walked by.lol! :)