PDA

View Full Version : Day of the dead begins principal photography

livingdeadboy
28-Jul-2006, 11:56 AM
According to movie web.com:

"Emmett/Furla Films, a wholly owned subsidiary of Family Room Entertainment Corporation announced that that principal photography has commenced on the remake of the 1985 George Romero classic zombie pic, Day of the Dead."

http://www.movieweb.com/news/85/13785.php

DjfunkmasterG
28-Jul-2006, 12:44 PM
I was just about to post this... :lol:

Good find.

MinionZombie
28-Jul-2006, 01:05 PM
*sigh* And so begins the rape of GAR's gritty, neglected child classic...:(

"Day of the Remake" can kiss my paper-white ass, at least after this there aren't any more GAR zombie flicks to remake (Land is of course too new, and by the time it's old enough to be raped, the remaking fad will be over)...of course, there's still plenty of GAR flicks to remake, which sucks copious amounts of testiclay...:mad:

AcesandEights
28-Jul-2006, 01:14 PM
I don't think any of GAR's other films will be re-made, with the exception of new Creepshow entries in the future, which I don't think would be an actual remake, so much as a new entry without GAR on board. His other works are not bankable enough to be used as fodder for major release remakes, though I suppose independent labels could do a remake of Knightriders and the like.

DjfunkmasterG
28-Jul-2006, 01:33 PM
The Crazies has been in Pre-production for 2 years

AcesandEights
28-Jul-2006, 01:34 PM
Don't hold your breath ;)

MinionZombie
28-Jul-2006, 04:35 PM
And hopefully it'll stay there!

The rape of GAR's work is shocking, it really is ... it's a shame the guy wasn't a better businessman eh? Still though, there's nobody else quite like him in the movie biz, and the dude will go down as a legend, whereas these remake-rapists we've got running around Hollywood will pump out crap that will forever be referred to as inferior to the "classic" or "cult classic hit" (or what have you) originals.

Griff
28-Jul-2006, 05:37 PM
Good luck, folks. You're gonna need it.

AssassinFromHell
28-Jul-2006, 05:51 PM
And hopefully it'll stay there!

The rape of GAR's work is shocking, it really is ... it's a shame the guy wasn't a better businessman eh? Still though, there's nobody else quite like him in the movie biz, and the dude will go down as a legend, whereas these remake-rapists we've got running around Hollywood will pump out crap that will forever be referred to as inferior to the "classic" or "cult classic hit" (or what have you) originals.

I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised to see DAWN 04 become as accepted as NIGHT 90 has in the Romero realm. Despite the major differences, alot of fans like it. As much as I hate it, and the thought, I think that somewhere down the road we'll be calling DAWN 04 a part of the world without as much controversy. Infact, I wouldn't be surprised to see a minority arrise that even hails DAWN 04 as better than the original. It's that sad turn of the film industry, but I see it coming.

Gib
30-Jul-2006, 11:11 PM
Do any of you know if George has any say in what is re-made and what isnt? Does he own the rights to his films and is signing off on these, or are the movies owned by a Production Company?

AssassinFromHell
31-Jul-2006, 01:54 AM
Do any of you know if George has any say in what is re-made and what isnt? Does he own the rights to his films and is signing off on these, or are the movies owned by a Production Company?

Nope, Romero has no say. Richard Rubinstein, the sellout producer, owned rights until they were sold to the scum-sucking Taurus Entertainment. Unfortunately, Romero is a horrible business man and as a result, his masterpieces have been sold off one by one so Rubinstein could make more cash. I wonder how much he made off DAWN 04, after James Gunn jumped on board. And how much he'll make off of DAY 07. Nick Cannon's in it, people will see it. Money, money, money. It's all the industry is about. It's not what Romero focused on (obviously :D ), and thats why he fails in the aspect of defending his pieces in the business realm.