PDA

View Full Version : no more E3

MikePizzoff
01-Aug-2006, 07:16 PM
http://next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3538&Itemid=2

general tbag
01-Aug-2006, 07:30 PM
i read somewhere it was sony, microsoft and ea who wanted the change. i guess after the last e3, nintendo must of really cut them down to size.

CoinReturn
01-Aug-2006, 09:59 PM
This is good in the long run, E3 is such a cluster**** of news and new games, many original titles get lost in the shuffle.

Rottedfreak
02-Aug-2006, 09:05 AM
People only went to the last one for a Wii.

MinionZombie
02-Aug-2006, 10:13 AM
I'd read on ActionTrip it was also down to the fact it got too big for its boots, far too fancy, so they weren't turning a profit from having the expo. One of these days I'd like to go to E3, just to see what it's like, it looks damn crazy.

MikePizzoff
02-Aug-2006, 10:18 AM
One of these days I'd like to go to E3, just to see what it's like, it looks damn crazy.

Well ya can't!

MinionZombie
02-Aug-2006, 12:47 PM
lol, innit, saw a minute after posting that on ActionTrip that it's now "invites only" ... so only people who will jizz all over your crap product will be invited, geez...how could such a cool show blow up into something so dud inside a week? :lol:

p2501
02-Aug-2006, 02:11 PM
not to go all conspiracy. but i'm skeptical about MS wanting to cancel the fanfare. from everything i've read. the Xbox people have a blast there an they always come out of E3 with wheel barrows full of positive press.

Hell did anyone not know halo3 was comming out, within 2 hours of that accouncement?

further, nintendo sold the Wii this year at E3. at this point they don't even need to adverstise it to hard core gammers. E3 covered it for them, and in the process saved them millions on ad spending.

so with those two, out i think it's a third company, one that got butt raped at E3 that is left to be the chief complainer.

having said all that. i think we'll see a scaled back E3 for 1 maybe 2 years. but when the attendee umbers start declining and they see how much money they're not making compared to this year. the spectacle will come back.

besides, inthe interum this benefits the smaller companies that have booths. it allows thier products to shine or fail based entirely on their products. not their booth babes.

erisi236
02-Aug-2006, 05:39 PM
Last year they barred scantaly clad booth babes.

This year it's "canceled".

Coincidence? :rockbrow:

p2501
02-Aug-2006, 05:54 PM
i call it a fitting fate.

general tbag
02-Aug-2006, 07:00 PM
i agree it more productive goign to be more closed door industry type tradeshow, opposed to a general public type event. it just looks like pure chaos.

Moon Knight
03-Aug-2006, 02:56 AM
Iv'e been to E3 3 times and Im a lil sad it's not returning. I guess it was getting a lil too big for it's own good. I agree that too many low profile titles were getting ignored and that EA hand a damn hand in everything. Oh well, it was a blast while it lasted.