01-Aug-2006, 11:47 PM
The Poll says it all

losherman
01-Aug-2006, 11:57 PM
The Poll says it all

its worth a look anyway man.

HLS
02-Aug-2006, 12:10 AM
I look forward to it. Nothing will beat the origional but I am courious on how this will turn out. Does anyone know when it will be released?

creepntom
02-Aug-2006, 12:16 AM
yes......

AcesandEights
02-Aug-2006, 12:56 AM
YES!*

*Assuming it makes it to the theatres...

Danny
02-Aug-2006, 12:59 AM
yes....

....via bittorrent....

what?, i aint wasting at least £15 on a friggin remake!:lol:

Svengoolie
02-Aug-2006, 02:11 AM
Sure. If it's half as good as the Dawn remake, it'll still be twice as good as Land--which, BTW, is in the bargain basement bin at Best Buy for $6.99.

As soon as it comes out on DVD, I'll shoplift it faster than you can say "Jack Robinson".;)

bassman
02-Aug-2006, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I'll try seeing it with an open mind. I'm sure that I'll end up thinking "Do they seriously consider this to be horror and suspense???" about a quarter of the way through like I did with the Dawn remake, though.

At least all the mindless, MTV teens will have a place to gather and something to say "Oh my Gawd!" about.:rolleyes:

As soon as it comes out on DVD, I'll shoplift it faster than you can say "Jack Robinson".;)

Is that a reference to "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"?

I watched that film fo the first time last night and I've got to say....I loved it.

radiokill
02-Aug-2006, 01:33 PM
Sure. If it's half as good as the Dawn remake, it'll still be twice as good as Land--which, BTW, is in the bargain basement bin at Best Buy for $6.99.

Land for $6.99....are you serial?!?!

DjfunkmasterG
02-Aug-2006, 03:44 PM
He's right. I was at Best Buy last night and it was listed for $6.99 on the shelf. While the DAWN remake is still $14.99. :lol:

bassman
02-Aug-2006, 03:58 PM
He's right. I was at Best Buy last night and it was listed for $6.99 on the shelf. While the DAWN remake is still $14.99. :lol:

Why is that funny? Maybe it means they sold enough that they can drop the price.:shifty:

Just shows that there's more MTV dumba** kids rather than intelligent people in the world.:moon:

radiokill
02-Aug-2006, 05:22 PM
sweet. I'll have to pick that up this weekend. I'd have it already, but I stay broke.

Svengoolie
02-Aug-2006, 06:10 PM
I'd posted the tip in a thread all to itself...but it mysteriously disappeared.:rolleyes:

Adrenochrome
02-Aug-2006, 06:20 PM
it'll be bittorrent for me

I'd posted the tip in a thread all to itself...but it mysteriously disappeared.:rolleyes:
you've got red on you.

zombiegirl
02-Aug-2006, 07:05 PM
I'll go see it opening night or soon there after, pretend it's not a remake, and hopefully enjoy some good mindless zombie gore. Let's face it, the script probably won't be that great, but still it is zombies. :)

Brubaker
03-Aug-2006, 01:26 AM
I don't have anyone to go to the movies with who likes zombie movies or any horror film in general. All my friends and family like romantic comedies or action movies. I'll probably either see it by myself in the theater or just wait until it hits dvd.

rikimaru
03-Aug-2006, 04:54 AM
yes but only because you dont have full right to bitch until you see the movie

Guru ofthe Dead
03-Aug-2006, 05:17 AM
I'll go see it opening night or soon there after, pretend it's not a remake, and hopefully enjoy some good mindless zombie gore. Let's face it, the script probably won't be that great, but still it is zombies. :)
I'm with zombiegirl on this one. Yeah I'm not big on this and I think that I said I would'nt see this in a theatre. Well I will change my mind. I was not a big fan of Yawn04, but I did go see it on opening night. I will try to do this again with Day07. Why I love zombie movies. I called myself Guru because I've seen just about all of them. You guys also have came up with some I have'nt. It's just my nature to see what the next guy will do to take the reigns when GAR goes to the great mall in the sky.

MinionZombie
03-Aug-2006, 10:39 AM
I'd leech that bitch like a mallf*cker, yo!

No way am I paying to see that heap-o-turd-atop-another-heap-o-turd. I'm only going to check it out so I can see how truly, intestine-twisting, anus-breachingly bad it is.

coma
03-Aug-2006, 02:30 PM
one word

usenet

AssassinFromHell
03-Aug-2006, 10:37 PM
As much as I hate the sounds of this remake, I'm going to see it because I'm already so damned curious. I'll be there at the theaters.

CivilDefense
29-Aug-2006, 04:57 PM
Land for $6.99....are you serial?!?!

I saw hundreds of copys of the new unrated copy of dawn at the Toronto Exposition for $5cdn each.

Debbieangel
29-Aug-2006, 09:33 PM
OOOH ya i will right there in the theater putting my bucks down to see it and NOTLD 3D...Hey to me a zombie movie is a zombie movie!!! It's gonna be interesting to see how they THINK they can IMPROVE on NOTLD!!!
Cant wait to see DAY remake too...hey I did like Dawn'04 but not in love with it. So, I am up for DAY too.

TheWalkingDude
29-Aug-2006, 10:00 PM
Well certainly i will go see it. Never miss a zombie movie just dont watch them more than once if they really suck lol

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2006, 11:02 PM
As much as I hate the sounds of this remake, I'm going to see it because I'm already so damned curious. I'll be there at the theaters.

Didn't you miss LAND in theaters? Or did you finally get to see it?

erisi236
29-Aug-2006, 11:09 PM
Yes, any zombie film in the theaters = automatic viewing by me.

Tho' thsi does smell like direct to DVD to me :)

Maitreya
29-Aug-2006, 11:45 PM
Yea, I'll be there in a heartbeat... I actually liked Dawn '04 (it got me into liking zombie movies in general and Romero). Despite what you say about Dawn '04 it really does appeal to my generation, a fast-paced action/thriller. I don't know about you but when I watch it I'm typically screaming, "GO GO GO!!" at parts. It also catches some people who want to see more, and the originals are there for that. It wasn't the absolute greatest or anything, but it was good.

As much as I'm not feeling Nick Cannon being in this and Ving Rhames playing in another Dead remake (I liked him in Dawn, I think he was supposed to be a modernized not as awesome version of Peter, it's no mistake that his name was Kenneth I think, but at either rate it makes no sense to cast him in a second dead movie as different primary character) I'm going to see it. I'm looking forward to a new zombie movie.

Danny
30-Aug-2006, 01:42 AM
man contray to my post id im not 19 im 18 (got it wrong wne registering) and believe me it aint appealing to our generation.:bored:

panic
30-Aug-2006, 02:24 AM
Yup, like Land, Dawn '04, and the original Day I will see it in the theatre. Perhaps not opening night like I did for Land and Dawn '04, however. After the disappointment of Land I feel I've gotta hang back a bit.

/p

rawrOTD
22-Oct-2006, 01:46 AM
curiousity is the bane of zombie fans
day of the dead 2 contagium is at the nearest best buy
and i look at the back
and i look at the cover
and i think "can it really be thatttttttttt bad????"
then i think "yes, yes it can."
and i love the silly bad ones like hell of the living dead and all that, but then again all zombie fans have said contagium was ****

still i read the back when i see it

we simply must see all of them
its an addiction

so
i will be there opening night hiding my face

capncnut
22-Oct-2006, 04:38 AM
I'll will watch this at the theater but I cannot guarantee that I'll stay awake for it. To play on the immortal words of Ray Winstone, "Vegetarian zombies, I s**t 'em!" :D

Parazombie
22-Oct-2006, 07:45 AM
Even if it's not exceptionally good, zombies will be in it, so I'll see it.

Mikey
25-Oct-2006, 11:42 PM

The original DAWN is ALSO in the bargain bin for $4.99, so that doesn't mean much.

Khardis
26-Oct-2006, 12:04 AM
Why is that funny? Maybe it means they sold enough that they can drop the price.:shifty:

Just shows that there's more MTV dumba** kids rather than intelligent people in the world.:moon:

Or it just means that Land was a poor film in comparison to the remake of dawn. Dawn 04 was MUCH more enjoyable to watch thats for sure.

bassman
26-Oct-2006, 12:07 PM
Or it just means that Land was a poor film in comparison to the remake of dawn. Dawn 04 was MUCH more enjoyable to watch thats for sure.

opinion

LouCipherr
26-Oct-2006, 12:19 PM
Dj, do you think your "Captain of the Obvious" quote from Deadlands would be appropriate right about now? :lol:

bassman
26-Oct-2006, 12:24 PM
Dj, do you think your "Captain of the Obvious" quote from Deadlands would be appropriate right about now? :lol:

Dar har har. Just saying that I think it's funny how people parade their opinions around as fact. They could just throw in a "I think" or a "IMO" every now and again instead of stating it as fact.

LouCipherr
26-Oct-2006, 12:27 PM
True, but you opened the door, I had to walk through it. :lol: Just label me "Captain Smartass" :D

That's IMO of course. :p

DjfunkmasterG
26-Oct-2006, 12:49 PM
LMAO...

Ok

OPINION - LAND OF THE DEAD SUCKS

FACT - LAND OF THE DEAD SUCKS - a majority of zombie fans hate it (although yes a poll here said otherwise, in general most zombie fans do not like LAND)

OPINION - DAWN 04 rocks

FACT - DAWN 04 rocks, it was better received by critics and did way better at the box office than LAND.

OPINION - Between LAND and DAWN 04 - DAWN is the better film

FACT - Based on critical reviews, and box office DAWN 04 was a better film. and horror fans find it to be one of the best horror remake ever. Listing it up there with The Thing and The Fly.

So in my opinion LAND blows, DAWN 04 rocks...

The facts are in and pretty much align with my opinion so therefore it is FACT. End of discussion.

FACT- DAY 2007 is gonna suck

LouCipherr
26-Oct-2006, 12:53 PM
As much as I like the Dawn04 remake, I know you did NOT just compare it to Carpenter's "The Thing" now did you?

BAD DJ, BAD! *smacks Dj on the nose with a rolled up newspaper*

Now go to your room! :lol: :lol: :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
26-Oct-2006, 12:54 PM
As much as I like the Dawn04 remake, I know you did NOT just compare it to Carpenter's "The Thing" now did you?

BAD DJ, BAD! *smacks Dj on the nose with a rolled up newspaper*

Now go to your room! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said most horror fans... Re-read my post. Takes newspaper away from Lou and brings out a bazooka. FCUK with me now ... eh, SAY hello to my little friend.

bassman
26-Oct-2006, 01:06 PM
"End of discussion"

:lol: :lol:

Yup.....the majority of people hate it because you say so.:rolleyes:

DjfunkmasterG
26-Oct-2006, 01:15 PM
"End of discussion"

:lol: :lol:

Yup.....the majority of people hate it because you say so.:rolleyes:

No, I didn't say that. I said my opinion pretty much reflects what a MAJORITY of horror fans believe... which is, LAND sucks and DAWN 04 is way better.

The only people who like LAND are the die hards, the romero worshippers. Trust me if his name wasn't tacked on that film people would be crying foul, and tearing it apart.

LouCipherr
26-Oct-2006, 01:29 PM
:rolleyes:

I think Dj makes valid points. Dawn04 rc'vd more praise than than Land just about everywhere. That may piss you off, but it is fact.

FACT - Based on critical reviews, and box office DAWN 04 was a better film. and horror fans find it to be one of the best horror remake ever. Listing it up there with The Thing and The Fly.

That's what you posted, you bastage, and I'm still gonna swat you for putting The Thing in the same sentence as Dawn - even though I liked the movie, The Thing - (IN MY OPINION - there, are we happy now?) was a far superior film compared to Dawn04. :p

Don't make me say "FACT!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

bassman
26-Oct-2006, 01:38 PM
No, I didn't say that. I said my opinion pretty much reflects what a MAJORITY of horror fans believe... which is, LAND sucks and DAWN 04 is way better.

The only people who like LAND are the die hards, the romero worshippers. Trust me if his name wasn't tacked on that film people would be crying foul, and tearing it apart.

Negative, buddy. I'm in no way a "Romero Die Hard" or "Romero worshipper". Hell, I have only seen two of his films outside of the Dead series and I only saw those because I happened to catch them on TV. Never once have I said that Land compares with the first three. It's okay in it's own right.....flaws and all. It is the least of Romero's films and it doesn't quite fit in with the original trilogy, but it's an enjoyable film overall.(IMO, of course)

And it's quite strange that when I first saw the trailer for the Day remake......the first thing that popped into my head was Dawn04. And the really funny thing as that even though I'm not a big fan of Dawn04, I'm still willing to give it a try with an open mind while you love Dawn04 and you're bashing the hell out of Day07 without having seen it. And to call yourself a film maker and then judge an entire film by it's trailer. Ever heard the phrase "you can't judge a book by it's cover". True.....trailers are supposed to make you want to see the flick, but I have seen MANY trailers that weren't good and then the movie rocked.

I just try to keep an open mind when judging films. Hell, I've even admitted to you on several occasions that I can watch Dawn04 on rare occasions when I want a shoot-em-up, action flick. All I'm saying as that even though you don't like Land, you could still give it a little bit of respect and look at some of the good rather than the bad. We all know that Romero had trouble with it and even he admits that it's probably one of the worst of his career. But there are still a few spots of glimmering light that shine through. Same with Dawn04.....I say that I don't like it, but I can still admit that it has some good points going for it.

No need for a collective DVD burning cult.:p

slickwilly13
26-Oct-2006, 02:42 PM
I'll wait until the reviews come out. Until then, I won't watch this turd.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Oct-2006, 02:56 PM
:rolleyes:

I think Dj makes valid points. Dawn04 rc'vd more praise than than Land just about everywhere. That may piss you off, but it is fact.

That's what you posted, you bastage, and I'm still gonna swat you for putting The Thing in the same sentence as Dawn - even though I liked the movie, The Thing - (IN MY OPINION - there, are we happy now?) was a far superior film compared to Dawn04. :p

Don't make me say "FACT!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

AGAIN - READ! :p

horror fans find it to be one of the best horror remake ever. Listing it up there with The Thing and The Fly.

I didn't say I, I said horror fans.

Negative, buddy. I'm in no way a "Romero Die Hard" or "Romero worshipper". Hell, I have only seen two of his films outside of the Dead series and I only saw those because I happened to catch them on TV. Never once have I said that Land compares with the first three. It's okay in it's own right.....flaws and all. It is the least of Romero's films and it doesn't quite fit in with the original trilogy, but it's an enjoyable film overall.(IMO, of course)

And it's quite strange that when I first saw the trailer for the Day remake......the first thing that popped into my head was Dawn04. And the really funny thing as that even though I'm not a big fan of Dawn04, I'm still willing to give it a try with an open mind while you love Dawn04 and you're bashing the hell out of Day07 without having seen it. And to call yourself a film maker and then judge an entire film by it's trailer. Ever heard the phrase "you can't judge a book by it's cover". True.....trailers are supposed to make you want to see the flick, but I have seen MANY trailers that weren't good and then the movie rocked.

I just try to keep an open mind when judging films. Hell, I've even admitted to you on several occasions that I can watch Dawn04 on rare occasions when I want a shoot-em-up, action flick. All I'm saying as that even though you don't like Land, you could still give it a little bit of respect and look at some of the good rather than the bad. We all know that Romero had trouble with it and even he admits that it's probably one of the worst of his career. But there are still a few spots of glimmering light that shine through. Same with Dawn04.....I say that I don't like it, but I can still admit that it has some good points going for it.

No need for a collective DVD burning cult.:p

As a filmmaker you're right I should wait until I see it. So therefore I will reserve final judgement until I go to theaters to see it. Fair enough. However, based on the trailer I watched, and knowing what was spent to produce the film... It looks like **** and will most likely be a crapfest.

one thing I learned as a filmmaker, never release a trailer to the public that is sub par. I made this mistake early on in my DEADLANDS days. Even you have to admit that DAY trailer is friggin medicore

LouCipherr
26-Oct-2006, 03:09 PM
AGAIN - READ! :p

horror fans find it to be one of the best horror remake ever. Listing it up there with The Thing and The Fly.

I didn't say I, I said horror fans.

So you're saying you're not one of those 'horror fans'? Is that what you're telling me?

*smacks Dj with the newspaper again* :lol:

I just feel like swatting you with my newspaper, lemme have my fun. :D :p

Sit, UBU, sit. Good dog. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
26-Oct-2006, 03:20 PM
So you're saying you're not one of those 'horror fans'? Is that what you're telling me?

*smacks Dj with the newspaper again* :lol:

I just feel like swatting you with my newspaper, lemme have my fun. :D :p

Sit, UBU, sit. Good dog. :lol:

I am a horror fan, whom thinks the DAWN remake is a great remake of a horror film.

Sit on this hippeehttp://www.buddyicon.info/ikons/IKONdfc5280017488a8dd8694f4b17f38d2820f0f61144.jpe g

*takes newspaper tosses it asides and has satan bend you over to shove a pineapple up your keister*

LouCipherr
26-Oct-2006, 03:39 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Forum%20Pics/stabyouineyewithfrenchfry.jpg

:lol:

DjfunkmasterG
26-Oct-2006, 04:35 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Forum%20Pics/stabyouineyewithfrenchfry.jpg

Bring it on...

I would prefer it be pulled out slowly with a scalding hot scalpel. This way the white of the eye melts as the blade is inserted :lol:

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2006, 06:15 PM
Ooh, listen to you two bitches fightin' in the alley...quiet down, I'm trying to get some sleep up here!

*lobs brick down from bedroom window into dark alley where Deej and Lou are "fighting" :lol:*

Now, you've all been gagging to hear my opinion, because as you all know I'm the mac daddy of amazing. :D

1) Yawn04 - classic horror turned into a mindless action flick marketed towards people who think Punk'd is funny.

2) Land, while it had its flaws, was classic Romero. I didn't expect squat, so I got the most out of it, while my excitement has waned as the newness has worn off, I still love it.

3) Day of the Remake will suck penis.

That's my opinion ... enjoy it bitches! :lol:

LouCipherr
27-Oct-2006, 02:32 PM
*smacks MZ with the rolled up newspaper too*

You sit down and be quiet too! You.. you.. big-daddy lovin' fool! :D :p

Adolf Kitler
11-Nov-2006, 10:56 PM
Only as a download.

deaconbluezzz
12-Nov-2006, 03:38 PM
I'll probably wind up waiting to see it on DVD, unless the reviews are far more positive than the trailer seems to indicate they will be. I've never before seen a trailer for a theatrical release look so underwhelming. It honestly looks like the kind of low-budget schlock movie that the Sci-Fi channel produces ad nauseum.

This is coming from a guy who enjoyed Dawn 04. The 8 minute sneak they showed on TV prior to it's release was some of the most compelling "zombie movie" footage I'd ever seen. Now, the rest of the movie never quite lived up to it, but it wasn't a disappointment.

Land of the Dead, however, was. From the annoying presence of Leguizamo, to "Big Daddy" moaning every 5 minutes, to the vastly over-rated Dennis Hopper, to the theme of the zombies creating their own "culture" at the end...I hated just about everything about this movie. What an artistic mis-step by GAR. It was like purchasing a CD from your favorite musician after a 10 year hiatus, and finding nothing but Hanson remixes.

So, long story short...I doubt this film is gonna get my $9, although Blockbuster will get my $4.

bd2999
12-Dec-2006, 04:30 AM
Yeah, but I dont think its even going to go to theatres. From the trailer it looks like straight to DVD type thing. I mean it looks alright as a zombie movie in a straight to video format but not worthy of being a remake of Day, but just from the trailer it looks better than contagion.

fartpants
13-Apr-2007, 06:16 PM
the sad thing is , i will probably see it as soon as it comes out , just to see if its as bad as the trailer suggests it is:dead:

darth los
13-Jun-2007, 06:11 AM
It does seem as if these movie studios have us by the balls doesn't it? The real question is who won't see it?:rolleyes:

swellman
14-Jun-2007, 10:50 PM
I'll watch it as download from the internet. It doesn't look worthy enough of me paying to go see it.

Spider Rico
15-Jun-2007, 06:13 AM
I'll watch it as download from the internet. It doesn't look worthy enough of me paying to go see it.

Same here.

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 01:45 PM
Indeedio, I simply don't understand why anyone would wanna spend money on this heap of trash, it's only going to encourage producers to keep pushing to make this sort of garbage! :stunned:

MontagMOI
15-Jun-2007, 03:55 PM
If someone else pays to watch it and then i eat their soul, am i supporting the movie?

"Loo loo loo I got some apples, loo loo loo you got some too"

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 08:00 PM
If someone else pays to watch it and then i eat their soul, am i supporting the movie?

"Loo loo loo I got some apples, loo loo loo you got some too"
Simply ... yes. :elol:

You'd better get them to fill out a form, like porn stars have forms to show they don't have AIDs or cock-rot, zombie fans will have to have a form to fill in to say whether they paid to see Day of the Remake. :lol:

darth los
15-Jun-2007, 08:24 PM
Will a positive test for seeing the remake bar them from giving any thoughts on zombie films or even giving blood for that matter?:rockbrow:

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2007, 09:02 PM
I think many of us will see it, or attempt to see it, if only to legitimise our piss-taking (which is what I plan to do eventually). The key difference is whether you're gonna drop hard-earned dough on it...and to that I say - feck no.

jim102016
16-Jun-2007, 03:16 AM
I think many of us will see it, or attempt to see it, if only to legitimise our piss-taking (which is what I plan to do eventually). The key difference is whether you're gonna drop hard-earned dough on it...and to that I say - feck no.

F*ck that movie. If I was to see it in the theater, I would sneak in after seeing a real movie. Of course I'd go outside and light up a doobie first

darth los
16-Jun-2007, 04:54 AM
Or do it the good old fashioned american way. Watch a pirated copy. :sneaky:

raym
16-Jun-2007, 04:46 PM
Thank goodness for Torrentspy.

zombieslayer
17-Jun-2007, 02:23 PM
The Poll says it all

hope to see it at the drive- in up by me house. been talking to them about having a before/after night a few times. showing like night 68 then night 90 like that. hope they can do it, but the guy that owned the holiday auto theater(for those in ohio that know it.) passed away a few weeks ago, but it's still open.

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 02:46 PM
They still have drive ins!?! Awsome. Those films would definitely be great to watch on the big screen. The only one i've seen at the cinema is NOTLD 90'. :(

MinionZombie
17-Jun-2007, 04:19 PM
I wish we had drive-ins here in the UK...of course they'd only really work in the summer, but just think, it'd be a real pull out of interest I think, it'd be really nifty.

MontagMOI
17-Jun-2007, 06:12 PM
I will definately see it for the same reason as i will watch Hostel 2 and the same reason i have seen THREE Andy Milligan films :D

"Loo loo loo I got some apples, Loo loo loo you got some too"

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 05:25 AM
Indeedio, I simply don't understand why anyone would wanna spend money on this heap of trash, it's only going to encourage producers to keep pushing to make this sort of garbage! :stunned:

That's the bottom line right there. Unfortunately people are sheep and rarely put their money where their mouths are. The free market determines everything. If it no longer becomes profitable to peddle this crap then it will stop and they'll start making good movies again.