PDA

View Full Version : How Much Does this Day of the Dead 2007 Poster Suck?!

radiokill
03-Aug-2006, 04:18 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6a/DayOfTheDead2007Poster.jpg

I hope this isn't the poster they decide to use. Looks just a bit similar to the Land poster, eh?:rolleyes:

This poster is lot worse than I expected. They might as put a big zombie c**k and balls up there and use the tagline, "Come Watch Us BLOW This!"

:mad:

tju1973
03-Aug-2006, 04:31 PM
I can't imagine that is the official teaser poster-- looks like fanboy stuff to me.

:shifty:

bassman
03-Aug-2006, 04:36 PM
I can't imagine that is the official teaser poster-- looks like fanboy stuff to me.

:shifty:

Actually...it is official. It was released a few months ago.

Adrenochrome
03-Aug-2006, 04:44 PM
Actually...it is official. It was released a few months ago.
Ya, I saw this poster on Fangoria's site several months ago. SMells alot like Fanboy, tho.....too close to Land, if you ask me.

dmbfanintn
03-Aug-2006, 04:52 PM
Considering GARs zombies never came OUT OF THE GROUND! That poster sucks as much as this steaming pile of desecration is going to suck!

axlish
03-Aug-2006, 05:24 PM
The real question should be, why would they rip off the poster of Land? It didn't do that great of business. If anything, they should rip off the Dawn remake poster, which doubled Land's gross.

creepntom
03-Aug-2006, 06:57 PM
do i need to round up my posse for the day remake as i did with the dawn one?

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/8528/dawnnewschopoi1.jpg

bassman
03-Aug-2006, 06:59 PM
do i need to round up my posse for the day remake as i did with the dawn one?

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/8528/dawnnewschopoi1.jpg

:lol: Dude.....is that for real?

If so....you're my hero.:p

radiokill
03-Aug-2006, 07:33 PM
i don't know, but that's damn funny:lol:

MinionZombie
03-Aug-2006, 08:42 PM
1) It should really be "Z Day", to me using "D Day" cheapens a major historical event.

2) Too many of these decayed hand posters around.

3) "From the director of Halloween H20".

4) Day of the Bulgarian Zombie Remake is just a load of penis.

5) This film is a seriously huge load of old penis.

6) This film is so drowned in old-man-cock.

7) This movie just sucks even more with this poster.

The end. :D

bassman
03-Aug-2006, 08:51 PM
1) It should really be "Z Day", to me using "D Day" cheapens a major historical event.

2) Too many of these decayed hand posters around.

3) "From the director of Halloween H20".

4) Day of the Bulgarian Zombie Remake is just a load of penis.

5) This film is a seriously huge load of old penis.

6) This film is so drowned in old-man-cock.

7) This movie just sucks even more with this poster.

The end. :D

That's the one that REALLY buries the hatchet.....

Brubaker
03-Aug-2006, 09:19 PM
That's the one that REALLY buries the hatchet.....

#3? From the director of Halloween: H20?

I'd say so. As an admitted fan of the Halloween movies, probably not a popular thing to say here, that one ****ed me off to no end. It pretended Michael Myers was beating off in obscurity for 20-something years instead of actually appearing in Halloween's 4, 5 and 6 in which he was killing off more relatives of Jamie Lee Curtis' character.

The asshole director denied the three previous movies, all of which had very solid continuity. When he was asked about it in an interview, he said he thought acknowledging the previous movies was a waste of time and not a good idea. His assertion was that they were lowly "independent" films that no true Halloween fan watched. What he didn't remember was that the very first movie was an unheralded movie that just happened to go places.

Too bad since Danielle Harris and Donald Pleasance, who had main roles during that stretch of films, have ended up becoming just as popular (or close to it) as Jamie Lee Curtis among the Halloween fanbase.

Back On Topic:

Considering the poster doesn't show any of the actual actors from the film, that does not bode well for the characters we will be watching.

DjfunkmasterG
03-Aug-2006, 09:35 PM
It was the poster used at AFM (American Film Market) I am sure it will be completely different when the film is released.

garjo
04-Aug-2006, 02:49 AM
Now that I have seen this, I have to say that visually it looks great. I would also have to say that if I didn't already know all that I do about GAR films it would probably prompt me to go see it. Here is the "but"...but why the 180 degree turn to the dead coming out of the ground. Please tell me that the new Day isn't going that path. I would be ok with that if and only if it was explained very well. I'm sitting here trying to think how this would work but I'm drawing a blank. Any ideas from anyone? Could zombies dig up the dead or is that too much work? Anyway, I like the look of it but not for this movie.

AssassinFromHell
04-Aug-2006, 02:53 AM
Posters are decieving. I mean, the DAWN 04 poster really should have had zombies on a track and the Contagium poster should have had zombies in a gym. This one should have zombies takin' a poo :D

Regressive
25-Aug-2006, 11:15 AM
If you think about it the whole idea of the poster gives this impression that the zombies are not only coming out of the ground, but that it is just starting to happen. What does that mean, they're starting over? A sequel to Dawn 04? Dawn 04 was supposed to be a god damn sequel to Night!! That's one major element that sucked hardcore ass in the Dawn remake. The zombies should have already been a problem in the beginning! The point of Dawn was the fall of society and consumerism as people could not properly handle the situation that had arisen in the FIRST movie. It's part of the genius of the original trilogy to begin with. The continuation of the story from the perspective of a new group of individuals, not starting over every f***ing movie!!!

Now, let's say they're not starting over...

Beyond the obvious phallacy of:

1) dead people climbing out of the ground..which was only prevalent in Return of the Living Dead (a f***ing PARODY) and Thriller (Michael Jackson...need I say more) and

2) remaking a movie that never HAD rise from the grave zombies

Now I'm supposed to believe that when the "epidemic" started in "2004", THIS bunch of zombies were just kicking it in the ground the whole time? Dude, who was in charge of designing the teaser poster? Was it the cast of MTV's Wild N' Out?

Jesus christ, please someone, shoot me in the face. I don't want to live.

bassman
25-Aug-2006, 12:27 PM
Dude, who was in charge of designing the teaser poster? Was it the cast of MTV's Wild N' Out?

Nah...those were the guys behind "Dawn04":lol:

oooohhh....that's right Dawn remake lovers....I went there.:p

Brubaker
25-Aug-2006, 06:59 PM

Not again. Haven't we taken enough lumps :dead: ? Let us up, all two of us have had enough! Just because my character lasted all of 74 seconds against zombie hordes doesn't mean you got to bury my taste in movies along with me.

All in good fun, of course.

ngm231
25-Aug-2006, 08:24 PM
you've gotta be f***in kidding me,

Maitreya
28-Aug-2006, 08:24 AM

Ouch... I think I'm gonna go get some ice.

Danny
28-Aug-2006, 11:18 PM
i vented my furstration with 2 mins in paint:lol:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/2.jpg

this may just be my new sig:D

TheWalkingDude
29-Aug-2006, 05:14 AM
:eek: The poster reminds me more of an Evil Dead poster...........

zombiegirl
29-Aug-2006, 01:13 PM
i vented my furstration with 2 mins in paint

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_liam_
18-Oct-2006, 03:15 PM
romero zombies don't come out of the ground, so it is blasphemous in that respect, although you could rationalise it by saying that after 5 years the buried ones had finally clawed their way out. i wouldn't though.

it looks too much like that land of the dead one with the hand on the iron fence.

also they say "from the director of halloween h20" like it's a good thing,-that movie sucked! & as has been said earlier, it retconned halloweens 4-6 out of existence (and imo 1 & 4 were the only decent ones), and also, call me picky, BUT YOU COULD SEE MYER'S EYES! NO! they are supposed to be black sockets, it was spooky - yknow, like horror movie badasses are meant to be?! there's even a line in the first movie about how black his eyes were, "the devil's eyes" and all that.

but look at it this way, after this one, it'll be a long time before anyone remakes a romero dead movie again (coming 2017...paul ws anderson's land of the dead).

although it is kinda cool the way they way there are 3 versions of NOTLD (n30 was just a ****ed up n68), it's got the same classic status as frankenstein, the way it's been remade to buggery...

(can't remember if we can swear in here, sorry if i befouled anyone's ears there!)

FreshDeadFlesh
18-Oct-2006, 08:55 PM
I think it looks awesome! A lot better then the LOTD poster.

capncnut
18-Oct-2006, 10:41 PM
i vented my furstration with 2 mins in paint.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious! Why do they always use hands in these movie posters, it's their mouths I'm more afraid of. Maybe that would rip off the Rocky Horror poster too much...

MinionZombie
19-Oct-2006, 10:35 AM
lol, love the "I'm Ving Rhames, Bitch!" part - excellent.

Maybe we should all go off and do our own paint/photoshop versions and share them around? :)

FDF - all I can say is ":rockbrow:" ... and, are you working on the movie? :D

Geophyrd
20-Oct-2006, 01:00 PM
really need to get back to their meds.

capncnut
20-Oct-2006, 05:38 PM
...but why the 180 degree turn to the dead coming out of the ground. Please tell me that the new Day isn't going that path.

I'm afraid so buddy. Make no mistake, this movie has about as much appeal as cow's manure. They are starting from the beginning of the apocalypse AGAIN, it's gonna have tons of characters AGAIN, it's got Ving Rhames in it AGAIN. There is talk of one vegetarian soldier who gets bitten and comes back as... wait for it... a vegetarian zombie! Oh whoopee doo, I'm just so ecstatic right now! Just when you thought nothing could get worse than Contagium, they roll out another stinker that looks set to quash the very foundation that GAR constructed.

_liam_
26-Oct-2006, 11:49 PM
my god. tell me most of what you just said is made up...

MinionZombie
27-Oct-2006, 10:55 AM
Okay, what's your position working on the movie? :lol::p

LouCipherr
27-Oct-2006, 12:15 PM
The asshole director denied the three previous movies, all of which had very solid continuity.

*chokes on the soda he's drinking and spits it all over his monitor*

WHAT?! :eek:

Very solid continuity? maybe... but the stories SUCKED DONKEY ASS! Did we forget the whole story about the 'cult'? Dude, you need to stop snorting so much HPotD, it's affecting your thinking. :lol:

C'mon, that cult crap was so far from the original Halloween concept and the whole idea of the movie it's not even funny. I am a HUGE John Carpenter & Halloween fan (although the one ones I think are valid are I & II - and the ONLY reason I like H20 is because of Jamie Lee) but dude, c'mon, those movies sucked if just for the sh*t story line alone. Ignoring the previous movies when making H20 was the smartest move the fanchise could have made. After part 4, it went right down into the sh*tter and never came back out until the announcement that RZ will be doing the next film.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone impressed with Halloween series after part 4. Everyone I know who is a huge fan can't stand anything after "Return..."

This is IMO of course (that's for you bassman. ;) :D) No one has to agree with me unless they're uttery and totally insane - or an opinionated asshole like myself. :lol:

back on topic:

That poster sucks, just like the movie probably will, but I'll download it anyway and give it a chance.

Oops, did I just say that outloud? :lol:

(i got to this thread a bit late, so i'm just gettin' to post a reply.. sorry 'bout that chief. :D)

Brubaker
29-Oct-2006, 10:08 PM
*chokes on the soda he's drinking and spits it all over his monitor*

WHAT?! :eek:

Very solid continuity? maybe... but the stories SUCKED DONKEY ASS! Did we forget the whole story about the 'cult'? Dude, you need to stop snorting so much HPotD, it's affecting your thinking. :lol:

C'mon, that cult crap was so far from the original Halloween concept and the whole idea of the movie it's not even funny. I am a HUGE John Carpenter & Halloween fan (although the one ones I think are valid are I & II - and the ONLY reason I like H20 is because of Jamie Lee) but dude, c'mon, those movies sucked if just for the sh*t story line alone. Ignoring the previous movies when making H20 was the smartest move the fanchise could have made. After part 4, it went right down into the sh*tter and never came back out until the announcement that RZ will be doing the next film.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone impressed with Halloween series after part 4. Everyone I know who is a huge fan can't stand anything after "Return..."

This is IMO of course (that's for you bassman. ;) :D) No one has to agree with me unless they're uttery and totally insane - or an opinionated asshole like myself. :lol:

back on topic:

That poster sucks, just like the movie probably will, but I'll download it anyway and give it a chance.

Oops, did I just say that outloud? :lol:

(i got to this thread a bit late, so i'm just gettin' to post a reply.. sorry 'bout that chief. :D)

You're missing the point. I'm not debating the quality of Halloween 5 or 6. My point is that H20 pretended Michael Myers had been sitting on his ass for 20 something years, after Halloween 2. So those three or four dozen people he killed during those 20 years, and three movies, were all part of a dream sequence? Not to mention an entire family of distant relatives who were introduced and never followed upon. Come on.

Moustapha Akkad was involved with all of the Halloween movies, up until his death, including those later day sequels. He really should have handled it better. It would have took all of two seconds and two lines to somehow tie that movie (H20) into the previous 3. It could have even been done without confusing people who only saw the first 2.

Halloween 1 and 2 take place on the same night, only to be followed by a third movie which Michael Myers isn't even in. Halloween 4, 5 and 6 all tie in together, whether the cult business makes sense or not. That is the longest stretch of consistency the series has had.

You really need to read up on some fan sites or hit the Michael Myers conventions. There are a hell of a lot of people who are die-hard Halloween fans and are as devoted to Donald Pleasence and Danielle Harris (Jamie Lloyd) as they are Jamie Lee Curtis, regardless of how much money the movies with Jamie Lee made when compared to the "other" sequels. There are quite a few people who consider either the little girl Jamie, or Dr. Loomis, to be their favorite character in the series, aside from Michael. Sure, there might not have been a series without Jamie Lee Curtis, but Akkad and a bunch of other people had something to do with the series, too.

I think it was stupid for H20 to pretend that Jamie Lee Curtis' character (Laurie) never had a daughter (Jamie). Not only was Jamie's death swept under the rug but so was her entire existence. She isn't even mentioned by Laurie Strode or her son. Like the movies or not, she was a main character in 2 of them and a key character in the third (though played by a different actress). Meanwhile, the H20 introduces Laurie's son, who isn't even on the radar in any previous films.

It is worth noting that when the movie was first being put together, Akkad did want to have H20 make reference to the 4th, 5th and 6th movies. Early on in H20, Laurie Strode was supposed to find out about Jamie's death somewhere along the line. Apparently the director insisted that this little tidbit not be included.

My last point would be that Rob Zombie being involved does not guarantee a great movie. Better people than him have messed up a sequel/franchise or two in their lifetime.

LouCipherr
01-Nov-2006, 12:28 PM
My last point would be that Rob Zombie being involved does not guarantee a great movie. Better people than him have messed up a sequel/franchise or two in their lifetime.

Of course not, but at least his head is in the right place when it comes to making the next in the series (although he claims it's not a sequel, why are they calling it part 9? I'm sure that could change, i'm just sayin'). I just went to see the original Halloween on the big screen on Monday night and RZ was part of the Featurette called "Halloween: The Shape of Fear" which aired just before the film - the way he explains how he's going to approach the remake/reinvisioning (what-the-hell-ever) gives me a lot of faith that even if it's not going to be the best movie, his head is in the right place as far as how to approach the film (unlike the bozos who made parts 3-8), and I think if anyone can pull off the cinematography and make a new Halloween film look like the original, it's gonna be RZ - but, who knows, he could put out a new Halloween turd, just like they have been since Halloween 3. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

As far as the other Halloween movies (4-8) - sure, I'm sure there's plenty of fans, but they bastardized the story of Meyers after part 4 and there's probably not one person who could deny that. They may have 'fans' of those films, but compare the number of fans of parts 4-8 to the number of fans that like 1 & 2. Most people know which stories weren't just a "grasp at straws" in hopes of continuing the franchise.

I understood what you meant about H20, but even so, it was a hell of a lot better than the premise than the movies that came after part 4. Remember, Michael sat in a mental institution for how many years before he came back to Haddonfield in the first film? What makes you think he's grown more impatient in his later years? Maybe he took a long vacation and was resting in the Bahamas trying to tan that pale face of his, who knows? :lol: :D

Monkey Rogue
04-Nov-2006, 05:24 PM
*whistles*

hey guys, thread went THAT way.

Silly Meyers fans. Everyone knows he's a regenerative cannibal who was born under a dark moon to a cult of dark worshippers.

*Rehijacks the thread*

Did someone say a vegetarian zombie? Oh God Bud. What have they done to you?!! (And you KNOW that's how they will rationalize it as being "as politically charged as anything that Romero fella can do".

Buzzards. I frickin' hate em.

Todd Tjersland
18-Jan-2007, 07:45 AM
This one should have zombies takin' a poo :D

If you really want to see a zombie take a poo (on a toilet, no less), then there's always Necro Files 2, which features that lovely cinematic first (and last), as well as the aftermath--with worms crawling around in it! :rolleyes: LOL

The Day remake poster is cheesy in an 80s sort of way mixed with the blatant Land of the Dead imagery. It is also (presumably) inaccurate and if it is, certainly not faithful to established GAR zombie mythology, or even Dawn remake mythology. Not that there's anything wrong with zombies coming out of their graves, IMO. It worked well in ROTLD and has a very Tales From The Crypt flavor to it. I like my zombies any way I can get 'em, though my preference is for GAR shamblers rather than the zombie "track stars" of recent films.

In my upcoming movie, True Necromance, I play a zombie who rises from the grave to seek revenge on the unfaithful wife who murdered him (I was literally buried alive for the role), and the zombie killer rises from the grave in both of my Necro Files films.