PDA

View Full Version : Losing Post Count?

DjfunkmasterG
07-Aug-2006, 10:22 PM
I just noticed I lost 15 #'s off my post count.... is something wrong with the forum or are old posts getting deleted?

what's happening? :confused:

Trancelikestate
07-Aug-2006, 10:24 PM
i dont know, i couldnt find that brokeback joker thread. i wanted to see where that went! :mad:

Adrenochrome
07-Aug-2006, 10:25 PM
I just noticed I lost 15 #'s off my post count.... is something wrong with the forum or are old posts getting deleted?

Maybe they vanished when the "Brokeback Joker" thread was deleted?

i dont know, i couldnt find that brokeback joker thread. i wanted to see where that went! :mad:

LOL, Jynx, you owe me a coke!:D

Trancelikestate
07-Aug-2006, 10:30 PM
hahaha yes!

Andy
07-Aug-2006, 11:18 PM

The recent server move could of caused some issues with postcounts but old posts are not deleted. are you that bothered about 15 posts?

That thread has been moved out of public view and the creator has also been warned for the topic.

Trancelikestate
07-Aug-2006, 11:23 PM
well i guess that settles that :)

DjfunkmasterG
08-Aug-2006, 12:09 AM
The recent server move could of caused some issues with postcounts but old posts are not deleted. are you that bothered about 15 posts?

No, Just wondering WTF happened. I thought the migration F'd something up.

Was curious if it was a server problem or perhaps a cleansing of the forums. :D

AssassinFromHell
08-Aug-2006, 01:35 AM
OMG! It's shrunken from a million posts to nine thousand? :eek:

:p

Neil
08-Aug-2006, 06:24 AM
No, Just wondering WTF happened. I thought the migration F'd something up.

Was curious if it was a server problem or perhaps a cleansing of the forums. :D

Now the move has been completed please do keep an eye on your count and see if it goes odd again in any way.

It was hopefully just a database sync issue during the move?

MinionZombie
08-Aug-2006, 10:29 AM
Hey yeah ... I think my post count dropped a tad like you. lol, I know, nothing to worry about, but I was kinda wondering if it was me going nuts or something had been kinda "clocked back" a touch ... maybe that was it then? ... hmmm.

And is it me, or are there a handful of threads missing from the Dead Remakes forum?

radiokill
08-Aug-2006, 03:08 PM
yeah, i lost some where between 11 and 15

AssassinFromHell
08-Aug-2006, 03:14 PM
Hey, um, Neil, the recent transportation of this web establisment from one server to another has triggered a subtraction of posts from my total post count of approximately one-thousand. So would you kindly restore my post count for me, my good sir? :D :p

Neil
08-Aug-2006, 03:29 PM
Hey, um, Neil, the recent transportation of this web establisment from one server to another has triggered a subtraction of posts from my total post count of approximately one-thousand. So would you kindly restore my post count for me, my good sir? :D :p

*SMACK!*

radiokill
08-Aug-2006, 03:37 PM
*SMACK!*
:lol: i think i could hear it

DjfunkmasterG
08-Aug-2006, 07:45 PM

I know he already smacked you... :lol:

Anyway, had he been kind enough to restore your thousand I would have asked for my 3,000+ back.

However, since that plea was rejected many moons ago...

Yep... he deserved a smack. :lol:

deadwrtr
09-Aug-2006, 04:11 PM

Actually, some people view their post count as a matter of pride. I had 1000+ posts on the old forum, and felt a sense of loss when I had to start all over again at 0. Sure, it's meaningless, but you take what you can, you know?

:rockbrow:

Danny
09-Aug-2006, 04:34 PM

HOLY **** DJ IS GOING BACK IN TIME!

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2006, 05:57 PM
Clearly the transportation of the site went at 88mph, cos it seems a few people have noticed their post counts going back a few posts ... weird. Perhaps it was the posts made on the day of the switch?

Danny
13-Aug-2006, 05:29 AM
one ii noticed the other day is i logged off with "160 posts in 24 hours" which changed to "268 posts in 24 hours" and i hadnt posted anything nor had my count gone up it just said so at the top of the homepage...wierd.

Andy
13-Aug-2006, 10:58 AM
one ii noticed the other day is i logged off with "160 posts in 24 hours" which changed to "268 posts in 24 hours" and i hadnt posted anything nor had my count gone up it just said so at the top of the homepage...wierd.
thats the total number of posts made on the forums in the last 24 hours :p

your personal postcount is next to your posts, at the moment its 1,451.

and its also on your profile next to your average per day, which for you currently is 9 posts per day.