PDA

View Full Version : best gta game

general tbag
08-Aug-2006, 02:01 AM
been playing vice city again, and love it. feels better overall than sa, minus not being able to swim.

also loved london 1969.

Danny
08-Aug-2006, 02:52 AM
yeah vice citys the best one, san andreas took like 6 days for me to finish and i only played lesiurely rather than the weeks i spent trying to power thru all the missions of vice city.

darth los
08-Aug-2006, 03:14 AM
my vote goes to san andreas. The soundtrack rocks all around and being from new york i can relate better to the overall urban theme of the game.:sneaky:

MikePizzoff
08-Aug-2006, 03:45 AM
I really love Vice City. The fact that you can't swim and it's relatively small compared to San Andreas puts it as my 2nd favorite.

GTA3 is almost unbareable for me to play any more. It lacks so many features that San Andreas has... although story wise, inovativeness, and fun-factor makes it the best, in my opinion.

Although I don't think San Andreas is the best, it still qualifies as my favorite one due to the size of it. I love all the different landscapes. When I first got this game I spent a week alone just riding the BMX bike around the first island, exploring the woods and stuff. It was everything I ever wished for in a GTA game!

I really can't wait to see how the next one will be. One more year!

DeadJonas190
08-Aug-2006, 04:36 AM
Vice City is my favorite. San Andreas was fun, but by the time it came out it was a lot of the same from Vice City. The new features and size of SA was a very good addition, but overall it felt like a lot of the same. Vice City is one of the few non-RPG games that I can sit down and spend an entire afternoon playing even though it's been out a long time.

general tbag
08-Aug-2006, 04:47 AM
myself i had high expectations for sa after vice city and i guess i felt a bit burnt.it lacked something , but still cant put my finger on it. they nailed the soundtrack in vc along with the feel and look of the 80s, with a side of miami vice and scarface.

i cant say i hated gta3, but yea the control are far more ackward, i also found the story to be not the greatest and a very short game. a nice first attempt at gta in 3d.

MinionZombie
08-Aug-2006, 10:37 AM
Aye, Vice City is my GTA of choice.

SA is a great game, but I haven't played through the story again, not a single time, meanwhile Vice City I played through like 5 times. SA was great for the better graphics (although the engine was clearly under a lot of strain), the sheer expanse of the playing world was also fantastic.

Vice City though is my fave. An excellent soundtrack, excellent use of the 1980s setting. Somehow the graphics were much better looking (everything was much more colourful), there seemed to be a much better selection of cars. SA seems to have an awful lot of crap cars or cars that just look like crap ... and sound like crap.

Tommy Vercetti was a much better character than CJ as well. Yep, Vice City was the best game. I'd really like to see a next gen GTA (throw out that tired old engine once and for all, Rockstar!) set in the 1970s.

Cody
08-Aug-2006, 03:01 PM
my ps2 took a dump on san andreas and scrarched the disk along with re4 so it wont play anymore...SO i gotta new ps2 and have vice city right now

but id have to say san andreas because i love expansive games that you cant beat in 5 minutes

i also never use cheats. fk cheats.

im also mad at vice city because i forgot where the last hidden package is.

CoinReturn
08-Aug-2006, 03:30 PM
Gotta go with Vice City. The atmosphere and soundtrack were the best. And when it comes to using cheats in a sandbox game like this, it lengthens the replayability, I think. Using an infinte ammo + all weapons and just going on a rampage is fun, if you don't feel like doing missions.

bassman
08-Aug-2006, 04:27 PM
Gotta go with Vice City. The atmosphere and soundtrack were the best. And when it comes to using cheats in a sandbox game like this, it lengthens the replayability, I think. Using an infinte ammo + all weapons and just going on a rampage is fun, if you don't feel like doing missions.

haha...that's exactly what my buddies and I used to do. We would get the stars up all the way and time each other to see who could stay alive the longest.

But yeah....I think I'm going to have to be the odd ball of the crowd here and say that San Andreas is my favorite. Probably because of the double player mode and the sky diving.:D

MikePizzoff
08-Aug-2006, 04:41 PM
haha...that's exactly what my buddies and I used to do. We would get the stars up all the way and time each other to see who could stay alive the longest.

But yeah....I think I'm going to have to be the odd ball of the crowd here and say that San Andreas is my favorite. Probably because of the double player mode and the sky diving.:D

Haha, we used to time each other with full stars, too!

You're not the odd man out; I agree with you on SA. BASE jumping rules!!!

bassman
08-Aug-2006, 04:45 PM
All this GTA talk is making me want to play it when I get home.....but nooooo. F*cking XBOX says "disc is dirty or scratched" everytime I put a PERFECTLY CLEAN game in:mad:

Craig
08-Aug-2006, 07:39 PM
I loved GTA 3, Chatterbox, the radio station was great. However, San Andreas is my favourite, so huge and so much fun to play, and the only GTA that I completed properly without getting bored. The 'gangsta' storyline is good and a nice change and starting gang wars is fun.

Plus just killing people is fun since it looks so much cooler and all the new different passtimes and side missions you can do never make it boring. And last but not least there is so much exploring to do and many possibilites for literally awesome stunts.

Anyway that's why I liked it.

MikePizzoff
08-Aug-2006, 07:45 PM
Other things that're great about San Andreas are all the little extra things they put in it. Like the ghost cars that cruise down the side of a steep hill in the middle of the woods. And the WWII style planes that sometimes randomly crash to the ground from out of the sky... that's always awesome to see.

San Andreas takes roughly 10-15 minutes to circum-navigate the entire map, in one big circle, by car. I hope the next GTA takes an hour to do that! For people that would want to take that long getting anywhere could take train, plane, or bus, of course. I would love it. The should include city, suburbs, woods, mountains, desert, swamp, arctic, everythign. I think it should be a mini WORLD not just city. Although, I know they won't do that. :(

general tbag
08-Aug-2006, 08:38 PM
i liked sa to, but as pointed out it also took me longer to do vice city that
s.a.

i just found myself that there seemed ot be more detail put into vice city. s,a did not even feel like the 1990s. i also found in the design of s.a they kinda cheated in some areas, and had alot of filler to give that bigger area feel. i also figured larger area , meant more story. and the story just flat out sucked.

Danny
09-Aug-2006, 03:13 AM
All this GTA talk is making me want to play it when I get home.....but nooooo. F*cking XBOX says "disc is dirty or scratched" everytime I put a PERFECTLY CLEAN game in:mad:

that happens to me with half life 2 and morrowind all the time!:mad:

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2006, 11:10 AM
I cheat in games, but never in multiplayer or online. So therefore I'm "only cheating myself", lol. But quite frankly, I like to ENJOY myself. Dying in a game all the time isn't fun. Cheating and just having some carefree fun is FUN. :D

The most common thing I do in GTA games is go on sprees, either major killing sprees with the rocket launcher at choice spots where I'm safe from tanks running me over. There was a spot beside a house with a pool, near the dam (I think) in GTA3 that was an excellent spot for rocket spree-a-thons.

I also like to get up to three stars and go on cop chases to show off my fancy driving. It's a shame San Andreas took a few things out - like spike-tracks to burst tires, it's so random that they took a few things out like that - WHY!?

Now, if you added the things they took out back in, then took all the great things (like style, story, music) from Vice City and added that to the expansiveness of SA - with the cool additional things (like base jumping - excellent past-time), then you've got the ideal GTA game ... on a new engine though, lol.

general tbag
09-Aug-2006, 07:03 PM
yea i agree if they rolled them all up into one game, it be alot better than any stand alone. never noticed the spikes in sa,also the rampges are gone.

btw vice city would of had the planes/base jumpin but removed it cause of 911