PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing Software...?

Terran
09-Aug-2006, 06:28 AM
I am looking for some Video editing software to do a particular task...

What I need to do is take a length of given imported digital video and split it into individual frames quickly(For example If I selected a given length of video I could select some sort of option that would split the video into a certain amount of frames per second and then the computer would do the work)...

Right now with the video software I have I have to manually click next frame and then manually select split video from this point(took me an hour to split up 1 minute of footage)

So theres gotta be a better way....It would be even better if I could split it into individual frames and save those frames as some sort of picture file....(So I would select a video ...split into frames and select all those frames and create numbered pictures of them)...RIght now I would have to manually go to each frame and then select "Take Picture" and then pick a name and a place to save the picture....And doing this to 900+ frames for a minute of video seems unnessarily tedious

So I guess what Im looking to do is reverse animate a live action video into its component pictures....Is there any free software out there than can do functions like these?....Any Help would be really appreciated!

Right now Ive been importing the video as an AVI file...but Im sure I can import it some other format...

MikePizzoff
09-Aug-2006, 05:36 PM
I don't fully understand... are you simply trying to get a reversal of film effect? Because there are plenty of programs that can simply do that.

DjfunkmasterG
09-Aug-2006, 06:12 PM
Every program, NLE editing program that is, has a capture frame option just find it and use it, then do what ya need to do. :D

Capture frame is exactly what you are looking for, the only program that probably doesn't have it is Windows Movie Maker, but I think it does have it.

Just read the help files... Yes they put them on the software for a reason... guess the reason... j/k :p Seriously, I think you're looking for Capture Frame.

Terran
09-Aug-2006, 09:10 PM
I managed to Get Gimp2.2 to do what I needed.....dang....I gotta a lot of images to edit....hmmm 9000+....GAH!!

chukrok
10-Aug-2006, 01:15 AM
I don't exactly know what you're looking to do with each indiviual frame, but sounds like you're Gimping (Photoshopping) each frame like a rotoscope. You may well be better served with a motion graphics After Effects-type program.