PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys!

KidOmega
10-Aug-2006, 01:14 PM
Hey guys!

What kind of projects are everybody working on?

http://sirlaosson.blogspot.com/

There some of my tips on there... Check it out and leave a comment.:elol: I LIKE THIS LITTLE GUY!!:elol: :elol: :elol:

Adrenochrome
10-Aug-2006, 02:02 PM
it says you're in Memphis.....I was born and raised there!
Welcome:D

KidOmega
10-Aug-2006, 02:08 PM
Good to meet another Memphian :D

DjfunkmasterG
10-Aug-2006, 05:37 PM
Welcome...

I think most of us are working on Zombie films. :D :p

Read through the posts and check it out.

Dj

KidOmega
10-Aug-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi Dj,

I was going to once the day slows down... Working on get a LOI from some distributors and inviting them to the screening of one of my film once its completed. :D

So what's your project?

DjfunkmasterG
10-Aug-2006, 05:54 PM
It is called DEADLANDS: The Rising,

you can check some stuff out here

www.playingwithdeadthings.com

Tell us more about yours. :D

KidOmega
10-Aug-2006, 06:39 PM
It's called The Farm (working title)

"A troubled family must unite to save a young niece from the sinister forces that inhabit a snowbound northern farm."

I have attached someone you guys love as a EP... I'll tell you once I get his LOI... :p

looks good DJ... What's your budget?

Adrenochrome
10-Aug-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm working on one about a schizophrenic that sees (hallucinates) zombies. They are calm when he's on the meds, but, when he decides to stop taking the meds they kill.

DjfunkmasterG
10-Aug-2006, 06:55 PM
Depends on how you calculate budgets

W/equipment Just under $15,000

W/O Equipment Just under $9600

KidOmega
10-Aug-2006, 06:57 PM
Adrenochrome,

Keep me updated on that one... Sounds very cool...

DJ,

Looks great for the budget you have... Is it finish?

DjfunkmasterG
10-Aug-2006, 08:55 PM
Yep it is done... I am burning a couple crew/proof copies as I type this...

It will need some minor end credit fixes, I found a few flubs with spelling of names, but IMHO the film itself is fine and can be released as is. :D

This Saturday Lou and I are gonna get together and proof the film for any other tweaks. I figured 4 eyes are better than 2, and since we both work in QA departments for a real job he will catch whatever I missed.

I expect this will be getting released earlier than I expected to release it.

I am anxious to hear more about your project.

Fulcifan91
10-Aug-2006, 09:39 PM
I am co-directing a film i wrote about a Cannibalistic serial murderer and figuring out how and why he killed 11 people.

DJ serves as teh editor on that project.

LouCipherr
10-Aug-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm working on one about a schizophrenic that sees (hallucinates) zombies. They are calm when he's on the meds, but, when he decides to stop taking the meds they kill.

ok, now that sounds friggin' cool! Good original idea, too. When's your film slated to be done, Adrenochrome?

Oh, and hiya KO - nice to see a new face. ;)

LC

DjfunkmasterG
10-Aug-2006, 11:07 PM
Yes, "We at HPotD Embrace the Living whom Embrace the DEAD"

KidOmega
10-Aug-2006, 11:17 PM
Thats great DJ...

Here some advice... You should rent out a theater and do a private screening and start calling studios and distributors and Invite them to the private screening. You can get a good distribution deal that way. They have people that flys out to that kind of stuff.

New Line Cinema (http://www.newline.com/contactus.shtml) In the pull down menu Inviting New Line to view your finished film

Well the budget will be $20 million we are in the process of securing our financing now from The Lights, Cameras, Illinois! Program: http://www.state.il.us/treas/Programs/LCI.htm We had to pass one last thing which I got a ton of letters from distributors :D So we should get approved on the 21st if everything goes good. I have attached a horror legend to the project. :elol: I'll tell you guys who he is once I get his Letter of Intent :elol:

Hey LC :p

Fulcifan91, Cannibalistic serial murderer eh? Coool Keep me updated...

Danny
11-Aug-2006, 01:05 AM
even i ,who got bored with trying my own has given in and started drafting a script, a short one seen kinda like blair witch but ...not hard to describe what i see in my head so ill leave it at that for now.:p

KidOmega
11-Aug-2006, 01:36 AM
:lol: Well keep me updated on what's going on in your head..:p

NOTLDC5
14-Aug-2006, 12:57 AM
Thats great DJ...

menu Inviting New Line to view your finished film

Well the budget will be $20 million we are in the process of securing our financing now from The Lights, Cameras, Illinois! Program: http://www.state.il.us/treas/Programs/LCI.htm We had to pass one last thing which I got a ton of letters from distributors :D So we should get approved on the 21st if everything goes good. I have attached a horror legend to the project. :elol: I'll tell you guys who he is once I get his Letter of Intent :elol:

Hey LC :p

Fulcifan91, Cannibalistic serial murderer eh? Coool Keep me updated...

Wouldn't you have been better off with raising investor money rather than taking a loan from the state that is limited to 36 months? Plus they give loans on films only if they are free of gratuitous sex and violence. That seems what most distributors are looking for...

Good luck though.

[QUOTE=KidOmega]Hey guys!

What kind of projects are everybody working on?
QUOTE]

Finished The Shadow People and Siege of Evil. Siege of Evil gets released Tuesday on dvd as part of the Everlasting Evils DVD set.

I'm also currently working on the film Road Trip to Hell about a unstoppable terror in the countryside and with author Michael Romkey (American Gothic, The London Vampire Panic) on a horror thriller about demonic possession called Room 666.

In Illinois by the way.
Jeff

KidOmega
14-Aug-2006, 03:12 AM
Hi Jeff,

No... I have investors, but this way it's better for my investors cause they don't have to be out of money right up front. They will be out of money only if the movie flops...:D

The Shadow People and Siege of Evil?

Sounds cool...

KidOmega
20-Sep-2006, 08:57 PM
I been away for a while so how's everybody project going?

Here's that letter I was talking about:. The budget has gone through. I'm finishing up on some more stuff before we can start filming. My other project: The Burnout has been picked up by some investors and that one is going through in the next few months.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Sep-2006, 09:24 PM
Dude, I am not trying to sh!t on your parade, but how come you're not showing the letter head, and why is George A. Romero's signature so messed up. That is way to informal a letter for someone to get from a party willing to finance and executive produce a film. Plus Romero has a working partner. Not mention the grammatical errors.

Screenplay by Robert G. Newcomer.... :rockbrow:

I dunno dude, something is fishy! :confused:

bassman
20-Sep-2006, 09:40 PM
Dude, I am not trying to sh!t on your parade, but how come you're not showing the letter head, and why is George A. Romero's signature so messed up. That is way to informal a letter for someone to get from a party willing to finance and executive produce a film. Plus Romero has a working partner. Not mention the grammatical errors.

Screenplay by Robert G. Newcomer.... :rockbrow:

I dunno dude, something is fishy! :confused:

Yeah....fishy. And that looks nothing like the Romero signatures i've seen.:rockbrow:

KidOmega
20-Sep-2006, 10:04 PM
GAR is not financing the project... The film is financed by private investors. My scanner/printer is acting up and was acting up when I sent him the letter to sign so no letterhead. It's from him. Screenplay by Robert G. Newcomer thats his name.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Sep-2006, 10:22 PM
I dunno man. First even posting that letter would break any deal with any producer or investor, and it is just too fishy.

KidOmega
20-Sep-2006, 10:25 PM
Really I never heard of that being a deal breaker... I'm going to take it down. There was already a kid name Emir going around emailing everybody he could find. Telling them about this. He stole it off my website's password pretected pages.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Sep-2006, 10:34 PM
Like I said no offense, but if Romero was executive producing your film it would have been all over every horror site by now. And in Variety

KidOmega
20-Sep-2006, 10:40 PM
I don't know why it's not... I when threw the right channels to get in contact with him. We will see what happens.