PDA

View Full Version : Romero writing and directing Solitary Isle

Neil
10-Aug-2006, 06:52 PM
Aint It Cool News (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24104) reports Romero is writing and directing a thriller called Solitary Isle.

...over at Hollywood Reporter they announced that George Romero is writing and directing a thriller called SOLITARY ISLE which is being produced 50-50 by Hyde Park and Kadokawa - and will likely be distributed by 20th Century Fox eventually. Seem this story, based on THE RING and DARK WATER's Koji Suzuki's short story is about "an expedition to a deserted island that turns deadly as the explorers face an unknown force." And I'm betting it an EVIL unknown force at that.

Svengoolie
10-Aug-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah, but don't hold your breath, Neil.

GAR has been attatched to dozens of projects that never got off the ground over the course of his career.

Just check out the closing chapter of "The Zombies That Ate Pittsburgh", and you'll see what I'm talking about.

zombiephile
17-Aug-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm hoping this one's gonna make it...I actually spoke to George a few weeks back and he was very busy working on finishing up the script, so I think perhaps this one may make it to the big screen. Let's hope...