View Full Version : My new film: Season of the Dead

axlish
12-Aug-2006, 07:53 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~axlish/Season_art6.jpg

Season of the Dead
Running Time Approximately 27 minutes
1.78:1 aspect ratio (non anamorphic)
Directors Commentary
Dead Afternoon (6 minute short I shot in 2002)
Blooper Reel
Trailers (including other indy horror)

DVD is $7.00 shipped. Pre orders starting soon!

[brief synopsis]

Three years have passed since the world was taken over by the walking dead. Civilization is all but gone, save for a dedicated group of relay radio and CB operators comprising "OmegaNet". Their sole purpose is to broadcast to civilians around the globe, informing them of current dangers and potential Extinction Level Events that can be avoided with the help of vigilant listeners.

Our story begins with Marcus and Shane, barricaded inside a house. They are holding up for a moment to rest and regroup. Before long they are discovered by a horde of walking dead and they are forced to re-enter the vast unknown. With no societal rules and regulations, and no one to enforce them, who decides what is right and wrong? Who can you trust?

WEBSITE AND TRAILER COMING SOON...

Neil
12-Aug-2006, 08:48 PM
:) :)

Zombie-A-GoGo
12-Aug-2006, 09:43 PM
If you'd like, I'll pop a plug up for this at ZAGG. :D

axlish
12-Aug-2006, 10:16 PM
I'll take you up on that ZaGG, but lets wait until I have a trailer. That should be a couple of days.

Also, here is an interesting little tidbit on one of the locations I used.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunland_Hospital

Good thing I'm wrapped, they are about to tear this mofo down :(

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/df/Sunaldo_062.jpg/800px-Sunaldo_062.jpg

MinionZombie
12-Aug-2006, 10:33 PM
Holy crap, why are there all these cool abandoned places in America!!!??? There's fudge all here in the UK, except the woods where Hellsing lives near it seems.

Mind you, I'd probably be too sh*t scared to enter such a building. I'd be thinking about ghosts and abused mental patients far too much, as well as crazy-eyed, murderous hobos on crack ... and spiders.

Lookin' forward to checking out the trailer.

Zombie-A-GoGo
12-Aug-2006, 10:59 PM
I'll take you up on that ZaGG, but lets wait until I have a trailer. That should be a couple of days.

Just drop me a line to say when it's okay and thy will be done. By the way...exccellent location...shame they're tearing it down...

Danny
13-Aug-2006, 04:36 AM
Holy crap, why are there all these cool abandoned places in America!!!??? There's fudge all here in the UK, except the woods where Hellsing lives near it seems.

da-da-ding,ding,ding,ding-ding-ding-ding:shifty:

tell me about it america has literally towns just abandoned for no reason and like bikers set up down sthere in like the 70's and go all hills have eyes feral.

theres some awesome examples on this site

http://home.comcast.net/~tecsite/Index/TEC.htm

seriously though, is that too mutch like the hospital from reisdent evil outbreak or is it just me?:shifty:

LouCipherr
13-Aug-2006, 01:58 PM
Can't wait to see this, Axlish. :)

...and speak for yourself about the abandoned places to film! :lol: we tried like hell for months to find an abandoned warehouse to film some of the scenes for Deadlands - and we did in Baltimore City, however, the city is completely uncooperative with independent filmmakers. If I remember what Dj told me correctly, we were told that the city only "...caters to filmmakers with a budget of at least 10mil" or something like that (help my memory out here Dj). What a crock. I guess you have to be Barry Levinson or John Waters to get a filming permit in Baltimore.

Of course, that didn't stop us from getting shots of the city anyway, but we really wanted a location downtown and no one would cooperate. :( I wish we could've used that one you posted the pic of, axlish. Where is that located?

LC

DjfunkmasterG
13-Aug-2006, 02:58 PM
Can't wait to see this, Axlish. :)

...and speak for yourself about the abandoned places to film! :lol: we tried like hell for months to find an abandoned warehouse to film some of the scenes for Deadlands - and we did in Baltimore City, however, the city is completely uncooperative with independent filmmakers. If I remember what Dj told me correctly, we were told that the city only "...caters to filmmakers with a budget of at least 10mil" or something like that (help my memory out here Dj). What a crock. I guess you have to be Barry Levinson or John Waters to get a filming permit in Baltimore.

Of course, that didn't stop us from getting shots of the city anyway, but we really wanted a location downtown and no one would cooperate. :( I wish we could've used that one you posted the pic of, axlish. Where is that located?

LC

The filming comission told me that small low budget filmmakers can't afford to really do anything so they shun them or just brush them off. The one gal said if your name was John Waters Jr. they would be climbing over each other to help you out... Basically it comes down to a name and money.

axlish
13-Aug-2006, 03:32 PM
Lou, I posted a little wikipedia article about the place right above the picture. The place will be torn down very soon. It is in Tallahassee, Florida. Let me know if you guys ever want to come down here and make a flick!

TRAILER COMING IN THE NEXT FEW HOURS

zombiegirl
13-Aug-2006, 06:07 PM
That building looks like one awesome location. Can't wait to see your work.

kengandalf
14-Aug-2006, 11:58 AM
hey axlish,
In another month or so i a going to try to move down there to go to full sail. It would be nice to know some of the local film makers in town so i can get a feel for the place if you ever need some help just hit me up.
also a great place to look for abandoned places is the Urban Exploration Resource at http://www.uer.ca/

thxleo
14-Aug-2006, 09:02 PM
Love the shot of you Eric with the "Rambo" thing going on. Very funny.

EvilBread
14-Aug-2006, 11:09 PM
Hellsing, have you tried Scottish Screen?

http://www.scottishscreen.com/

I know a few local film councils help in getting locations for you. Perhaps you can try them? :D