PDA

View Full Version : "Cell"...

Neil
09-Mar-2006, 06:55 PM
Third page in... Big blank page with just, "For Richard Matheson and George Romero"...

Nice one Mr King! ;)

idsaluteyoubub
09-Mar-2006, 10:16 PM
New news on Cell...Stephen King and Eli Roth (Hostel, Cabin Fever) are joining together to turn Cell into a movie. I for one am very excited!

Adrenochrome
10-Mar-2006, 01:18 AM
As long as King has ALOT to do with how the screenplay is written, it should be fantastic!!!!

LoSTBoY
10-Mar-2006, 08:36 AM
As long as King has ALOT to do with how the screenplay is written, it should be fantastic!!!!

Hopefully he does one of his B class acts and joins in the movie. :rolleyes:

MinionZombie
10-Mar-2006, 11:14 AM
What is cell supposed to be about ... cell phone death or something isn't it?

I might try reading a Stephen King book for the first time soon, might go with Cell for the first try. Otherwise I'll get "Non-Fiction" by Chuck Palahniuk to complete the collection :cool:

Neil
10-Mar-2006, 06:41 PM
New news on Cell...Stephen King and Eli Roth (Hostel, Cabin Fever) are joining together to turn Cell into a movie. I for one am very excited!

I'm only 12 pages in :( :o

Adrenochrome
10-Mar-2006, 06:42 PM
Read, my friend......read like the wind!!!

MinionZombie
11-Mar-2006, 10:42 AM
But you've read the synopsis on the back though surely? lol.

Neil
11-Mar-2006, 07:16 PM
But you've read the synopsis on the back though surely? lol.

Nope!

MinionZombie
11-Mar-2006, 09:16 PM
Damn youze, Neil!

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 03:56 PM
The novel turned out pretty good but it's not your typical zombie story. It has zombie elements like the apocalyptic nature of such an event, but not really many flesh eating. I like the fact that King leaves alot of questions unanswered and doesn't tie up any of the loose ends. This novel would do great being fan fictioned to death by fans.

erisi236
22-Mar-2006, 03:59 PM
it's a zombie book, just like 28 Day Later was a zombie movie. :D

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 04:00 PM
it's a zombie book, just like 28 Day Later was a zombie movie. :D

Exactly. :)

p2501
22-Mar-2006, 04:10 PM
What is cell supposed to be about ... cell phone death or something isn't it?

I might try reading a Stephen King book for the first time soon, might go with Cell for the first try. Otherwise I'll get "Non-Fiction" by Chuck Palahniuk to complete the collection :cool:

grab palahniuk first, that's a great book

Geophyrd
22-Mar-2006, 04:34 PM
are generally crap. Not only do I include those theaterically released, but those on tv (ALA Rose Red, Kingdom Hospital...)

If I was going to get excited about this (I really liked the book) it would be about Eli Roth's participation.

DjfunkmasterG
13-Apr-2006, 10:21 PM
Ok, I am on page 30, and I am very impressed with how fast this book took off. The opening carnage makes me smile from ear to ear, I can't stop reading, the only reason i am posting is I just had to go answer the door and when i sat back down I felt the need to post about the book so far.

In one word. AWESOME

In three words Totally FOOKING AWESOME

Now my gripes... After reading 30 pages I have immediately came to the decision that Eli Roth cannot direct this film. No Frigging way. Eli will camp this up and completely phuck it up. I will also sadly admit that I don't want Romero touching this film either. This film needs someone with action experience but also a horror background. Even though I love the DAWN remake I will also have to admit that Zack Snyder would not be right for the job, but he would be my 2nd choice.

I would like to See Ridley Scott take this on, no bullshoit. Now for the character of Clay I see DAWN 2004's Jake Weber or Michael Kelly. YOu would have to use M.K From the new carlito's way movie where he is more subdued.