PDA

View Full Version : PHOTOS from the set of Day of the dead (2007)

livingdeadboy
17-Aug-2006, 10:59 AM
I found this this morning on "moviesonline.ca", three set photos from the upcoming remake. Click on link below...

Photos (http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_gallery.php?id=9093)

bassman
17-Aug-2006, 11:40 AM
Cool.....The makeup looks pretty nice. Hopefully that's only the beginning, though.

This monitor isn't so great, so I may be wrong....but to me, it appears that Rhames' name tag says something different instead of "Rhodes"......

Bunker65
17-Aug-2006, 12:00 PM
Cool.....The makeup looks pretty nice. Hopefully that's only the beginning, though.

This monitor isn't so great, so I may be wrong....but to me, it appears that Rhames' name tag says something different instead of "Rhodes"......

That's what I was thinking myself. My eyes may be deceiving me but it looks like "Brooks".

After looking at it again, if you look more closely it does say Rhodes.

Hell if I know. It's early & my 41 year old eyes ain't what they used to be :D.

general tbag
17-Aug-2006, 12:12 PM

yea it does says rhodes, if you have any photo software, add some gamma and contrast and rhodes is pretty visable abit crumbled.

btw good find to

Adrenochrome
17-Aug-2006, 12:33 PM
Quick! Somebody get me some valium and some morphine, STAT!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop snorting insecticide...:barf:

now, after all that drama,.....I'm sure I'll be squirming and writhing with disgust in my theater seat when this thing comes out (just like with that damned 3D thing)......*shudders*......Why do I torture myself, so? One would think I would learn from the Yawn'04 disaster.

bassman
17-Aug-2006, 01:39 PM
Holy crap....When I read the captions for the pictures I guess it didn't click for me that it says "Christa Campbell". Weird.....why would you have a fine lady like her in a zombie film.....as a zombie??? Well, the actress that played Number 9 was hot too, I guess....

But still....what are these people thinking? Ticket sales would double if she was sporting her hotness:p ....

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/news/1004/08/mcgrath/images/14.jpg

general tbag
17-Aug-2006, 01:46 PM
Weird.....why would you have a fine lady like her in a zombie.....as a zombie??? Well, the actress that played Number 9 was hot too, I guess....

But still....what are these people thinking? Ticket sales would double if she was sporting her hotness:p ....

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/news/1004/08/mcgrath/images/14.jpg

she even be hotter if she was zombie 69 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trancelikestate
17-Aug-2006, 04:49 PM
Quick! Somebody get me some valium and some morphine, STAT!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop snorting insecticide...:barf:

now, after all that drama,.....I'm sure I'll be squirming and writhing with disgust in my theater seat when this thing comes out (just like with that damned 3D thing)......*shudders*......Why do I torture myself, so? One would think I would learn from the Yawn'04 disaster.
Did you see NOTLD3d already? but i will agree it looks horrid. and not in a scary way. hmmm :rolleyes: i think this one will be hard to top since i'm pretty sure the original day is my fav.

coma
17-Aug-2006, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the pics
I was just checking the IMDB and the casting is awful
Check out this turd,Matt Rippy, playing frankenstein
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1208061/
Almost the whole cast is like 25. Like the gov is going to assemble a team of scientists just out of school to save the world.:rolleyes:

I'm gonna see it anyway, god help me.:confused:

Bunker65
17-Aug-2006, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the pics
I was just checking the IMDB and the casting is awful
Check out this turd,Matt Rippy, playing frankenstein
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1208061/
Almost the whole cast is like 25. Like the gov is going to assemble a team of scientists just out of school to save the world.:rolleyes:

I'm gonna see it anyway, god help me.:confused:

Full Cast and Crew for
Day of the Dead (2007)

Directed by
Steve Miner

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)
Jeffrey Reddick

Cast (in alphabetical order)

Christa Campbell .... Ms. Letiner (attached)

Nick Cannon .... Salazar

AnnaLynne McCord .... Nina (attached)

Ving Rhames .... Captain Rhodes (attached)

Matt Rippy .... Dr. Logan

Stark Sands

Mena Suvari .... Sarah (attached)

Michael Welch .... Trevor (attached)

This is all that's listed of the "entire" cast at IMDB. Ms. Letiner, Nina, Trevor ??? WTF !! Where the heck are John, McDermott, Steel, Rickles, Fisher & most importantly Bub.

This is REALLY looking to be a bomb :(.

Adrenochrome
17-Aug-2006, 06:08 PM
Did you see NOTLD3d already? but i will agree it looks horrid. and not in a scary way. hmmm :rolleyes: i think this one will be hard to top since i'm pretty sure the original day is my fav.
oh no, not yet, I've had access to a few scenes but have turned them down LOL.
Day is also my favorite of the 4; With Night being my favorite horror flick of all time.

Trancelikestate
17-Aug-2006, 07:19 PM
yeah this is gonna be scary. and not in a good way. :eek: it's ok maybe we can all huddle together and shield ourselves from the pain. saftey in numbers! :p but seriouly, that casting is just awful!

Bubdotd
17-Aug-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm gonna end up watching it anyway.. even tho i dont want to..

has anyone heard of "the zombie army" forums were u earn bones for prizes i was part of it when they did dawn remake and land of the dead.

i liked the zombie army forums maybe they will have it back up for the day remake...

sucks tho.. if a remakes gona be made, the fans should help with it.. or even better... dont make remakes! :mad:

argh i almost puked when i saw the casting on imdb like a few months ago..

im gona watch and laugh becuase this is going to be the worst movie ever.:lol:

AssassinFromHell
17-Aug-2006, 08:35 PM
I am now going to improvise a scene from the original Day of the Dead. The scene where Steele comits suicide...*bang*

Bubdotd
17-Aug-2006, 09:00 PM
I am now going to improvise a scene from the original Day of the Dead. The scene where Steele comits suicide...*bang*

Wait hey! give me the gun! ..*click* see you had the safty on here ya go.

*walks away*

Maitreya
18-Aug-2006, 02:17 AM
I get a bad feeling in my stomach anytime I think about the Day remake... It's like... When you know something bad's gonna happen and just want to slap whoever's responsible...

I have a feeling this will be like a train wreck. You don't want to look, but you can't help it. I'm going to be detecting a lot of "Wtf? Wasn't he the cop in the other one?"

But you know, I can tell just from the poster that it's going to be awesome... Because it definitely DOESN'T look like Land's DVD cover.

Tsk tsk tsk... It's a shame they never ask for George Romero's input... I mean, he gave his blessing to the first Night remake...

darth los
18-Aug-2006, 02:47 AM

Tsk tsk tsk... It's a shame they never ask for George Romero's input

That's one of the most on point observations in this forum that i have read. It's almost like they purposely exclude him from these projects. One question though- is it that they're not asking for GAR'S imput or are they coming to him and he's just turning them down because he's tired of crappy remakes based on his classic films? Also, it's true that he was invovled in the remaking of night (90) but you ever notice how it deviated very little from the original movie? I'm sure that was a big reason why. If he was shown a script where the people in the story barricaded theselves in a tree house and the zombies were armed with rocketlaunchers which fired chainsaws that explode all in an effort to attract today's moviegoers I'm sure he would have declined.

ngm231
18-Aug-2006, 04:32 AM
i f***ing hate remakes:mad:

dotd78fan75013
18-Aug-2006, 06:15 AM
So...

I guess Ving Rhames is in Day. He did say during promoting DOTD04 that he was in talks in doing a sequel to it. Steve Miner seems established enough to take this on. To be honest Im more comfortable with him as a director directing a remake than I am with Zack Snyder who was just a video director before he took his gig doing DOTD 2004. I wasn't sure what to think of James Gunn but I was well pleased with his script. I still am loyal to George's original which is to me the best movie ever made and probally the Citizen Kane of horror.
I consider a good zombie film and not a remake. I ignore the title to speak and think it should stand on "its" on feet. This one Im not really sure what to think...

Look at the casting:
Ving Rhames, Mena Suvari, Michael Welch, Annalynne McCord, Stark Sands, Nick Cannon, Christa Campbell

Rhodes is black??? (Ving is good...but I don't see him as Rhodes if it were up to me Powers Boothe or Tom Sizemore can do a pretty ****ing good job of his role).

I can accept Mena Suvari as Sarah but ****ing Nick Cannon?? as Miguel Salazar.

Thats probally the most ****ed casting I ever seen in a film.

Steve Miner directed Friday The 13th part 2, Friday The 13th Part 3, Warlock, House and Lake Placid. To be honest I like them all. They may not be my must have but he's done the horror genre good so I'll give him a chance.

Universal isn't involved which can be both good or bad. I appreciate that they have been taking care of the zombie genre, but they do things by big studio terms. I hope they don't cheat Day out of its beloved gore content or this will be biggest failure that horror has ever known (pun intended).

Last but, not least Jeffery Riddick is the guy who has done all the Final Destination scripts and I really am not a fan of those films. So Im not sure if he was it takes to make this a clever adaptation or will he capture the claustophobia & the brink of insanity that George did with his masterpiece.

I guess I'll wait til opening day to see but damn so far this the most confusing pairing up I have ever seen for a film.

deadwrtr
18-Aug-2006, 10:37 AM
I like the idea of a DotD sequel. Sure, the actors chosen don't match the original, but why should they? I imagine it's going to be a lot different than the original as well. Why? Well, why would a company shell out tons of money to make a film exactly like the original? Characters that look very similar to the original Sarah, Rhodes and Steele would be scoffed at and reviled.

If the idea of the film bothers you that much, don't pay money to see it. I know I'll be in line when the movie comes out for both NotlD3D and the new Day. Zombies, big screen or small, bring em all.

AssassinFromHell
18-Aug-2006, 12:01 PM
I wasn't sure what to think of James Gunn but I was well pleased with his script.

You mean his EDITED script. I forget the number of edits, but I believe it was something like three times, each by a different writer. DjfunkmasterG could probably correct me, since he was all over this film. :D

Gunn's original script...well, let's put it this way. Unless you like freak zombies who could climb and zombie birds...

MinionZombie
18-Aug-2006, 12:47 PM
Ug, this just makes me hate it even more. Rhames all done up in that ever-so-obviously-military get up, Rhodes was sporting some style, some simple green kit and his stylish hair curl thing, plus his double holster thingy. The dude was all style, Ving-a-ling's version looks far too stuck in the military mud.

To be honest, it's not hard to make good zombie make up, well, it's not p*ss easy, but it's not exactly rocket science. Like, the make up in Yawn04 was about the best bit of the movie, however, the FX in those photos doesn't look that great, they certainly don't look like the putrid, sh*t smelling zombies from GAR's original & best that have been hanging around for months and months...

Danny
18-Aug-2006, 03:24 PM
i smell a turd brewing....

this is gonna be ****. simple as.

i dont know who the frigg the guy whos trying to play frankenstein is but he looks like the illegitemate spawn of andy serkis and samwise gamgee. and he wont be able to out act him, looks like another nail in the hollywood remake coffin by now.....

....which has also been welded shut,.... buried in concrete....at the bottom of the ocean......in a underwater volcanic vent....... with a westlife cd just to make sure no one goes near it.

sorry whent a bit never mind the buzzcocks then:D

jim102016
19-Aug-2006, 12:49 AM
I had some hope for Dawn 07' until I saw the pictures of Ving-Ding wearing a woodland pattern U.S. military battle dress uniform with captain's bars and the name tag of "Rhodes" on his right side!!! (I guess we should be happy they got the uniform and the rank correct?)

I will take my turn and hit the long deceased horse on the head with the crow bar by saying, "How/who/why the **ck could/would they do that"? And now.... Ms. Letiner, Nina, Trevor? Who the hell are these cartoon characters and what happened to the original cast? A story variation I can understand, but to change the whole damned cast?

Bottom line, gentlemen and ladies, is that this movie is a colossal cluster **ck and we all know it. As hard as it is, we should stop expecting anything good to come from it. It's only going to get worse as the filming continues and time counts down until its release. You can't make a classy woman out of a disease-infected street walker.

You can either embrace this bumpy ass rape, or catch a later showing on the internet.

God bless George Romero!

darth los
19-Aug-2006, 01:17 AM
And now.... Ms. Letiner, Nina, Trevor? Who the hell are these cartoon characters and what happened to the original cast? A story variation I can understand, but to change the whole damned cast?

Every hack who tries to rape one of GAR'S films always says something to the effect of " we don't want to step on GAR'S toes..... but". Well if that is indeed the case and they want to go off and do their own thing fine, just call the movie by a different name. It's so disrespectful to not ask the man for his imput and deviate from so much from the original storyline and at the same time keep the title for name recognition purposes. I mean is it so hard to call it something else? Maybe people would recieve the film better if it didn't share the same title of one of the classic horror films of all time. ( That goes for any movie that uses the title of GAR'S films). :mad:

DjfunkmasterG
19-Aug-2006, 04:33 AM
Why does everyone who remakes a Romero film have to be a hack?

Remember Savini remade Night, so is he a hack too? According to everyone's definition of a hack it is someone who remakes a Romero film, so is Savini a hack?

I can understand frustrations with remakes, but guess what it is a part of the business and it happens. Deal with it. All your ****ing and moaning and name calling isn't going to stop a $20 million dollar production. Might I remind you the last Romero remake was a $100,000,000 worldwide success, and let to Land being greenlight which flopped at $20,000,000 barely recouping it's budget. The man should be greatful that hollywood holds his films in high regard enough to want to remake them and bring in a whole new audience to the genre.

Look how many new zombie fans were made with the DAWN remake. Unless they totally F*ck this up this remake could bring in a lot more fans who will then discover the original films and can decide for themselves which are better. :gossip: :rockbrow:

I had some hope for Dawn 07' until I saw the pictures of Ving-Ding wearing a woodland pattern U.S. military battle dress uniform with captain's bars and the name tag of "Rhodes" on his right side!!! (I guess we should be happy they got the uniform and the rank correct?)

I will take my turn and hit the long deceased horse on the head with the crow bar by saying, "How/who/why the **ck could/would they do that"? And now.... Ms. Letiner, Nina, Trevor? Who the hell are these cartoon characters and what happened to the original cast? A story variation I can understand, but to change the whole damned cast?

Bottom line, gentlemen and ladies, is that this movie is a colossal cluster **ck and we all know it. As hard as it is, we should stop expecting anything good to come from it. It's only going to get worse as the filming continues and time counts down until its release. You can't make a classy woman out of a disease-infected street walker.

You can either embrace this bumpy ass rape, or catch a later showing on the internet.

God bless George Romero!

They changed the DAWN remake cast and no one moaned about that... it has been perceived as a good movie. I see a lotta people running off at the mouth with zilch to contribute but their own opinions on a subject they know jack sh*t about.

And stop calling it rape, or theft ok. No one raped anyone or stole anything. The man gave up the rights to his films, or never had them to begin with. I suggest you watch the Ultimate DAWN DVD with Rubinsteins commentary and you can find out how ****ed up a business man George was, and the reason he owns no rights to his films. The man was $1,000,000 in debt when he made DAWN 78 and that film helped him pay off his debts. Kudo's to Romero though for not being a chicken sh*t and claiming Bankruptcy. He stuck to his guns and paid his debts. Thats a real man taking responsibility. He just fails as a business man.

So don't act like they stole this from him he never owned it to begin with. :rolleyes:

Trancelikestate
19-Aug-2006, 07:13 AM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8154/dayofdead02bz4dy9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

You know what i like about the original?:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

MinionZombie
19-Aug-2006, 11:15 AM
But of course, the thing with Night90 was it was made by the same people. GAR was involved, it was done by Savini, a frequent Romero contributor, so there was a certain "inbreeding" involved. Yawn and Day of the Remake aren't remade in the same way ... annnnnnnnnd, they come at a time when every bloody movie on the block is being remade.

Just chipping in my tuppence...

Brubaker
19-Aug-2006, 11:03 PM
Why does everyone who remakes a Romero film have to be a hack?

Remember Savini remade Night, so is he a hack too? According to everyone's definition of a hack it is someone who remakes a Romero film, so is Savini a hack?

I can understand frustrations with remakes, but guess what it is a part of the business and it happens. Deal with it. All your ****ing and moaning and name calling isn't going to stop a $20 million dollar production. Might I remind you the last Romero remake was a $100,000,000 worldwide success, and let to Land being greenlight which flopped at $20,000,000 barely recouping it's budget. The man should be greatful that hollywood holds his films in high regard enough to want to remake them and bring in a whole new audience to the genre.

Look how many new zombie fans were made with the DAWN remake. Unless they totally F*ck this up this remake could bring in a lot more fans who will then discover the original films and can decide for themselves which are better. :gossip: :rockbrow:

They changed the DAWN remake cast and no one moaned about that... it has been perceived as a good movie. I see a lotta people running off at the mouth with zilch to contribute but their own opinions on a subject they know jack sh*t about.

And stop calling it rape, or theft ok. No one raped anyone or stole anything. The man gave up the rights to his films, or never had them to begin with. I suggest you watch the Ultimate DAWN DVD with Rubinsteins commentary and you can find out how ****ed up a business man George was, and the reason he owns no rights to his films. The man was $1,000,000 in debt when he made DAWN 78 and that film helped him pay off his debts. Kudo's to Romero though for not being a chicken sh*t and claiming Bankruptcy. He stuck to his guns and paid his debts. Thats a real man taking responsibility. He just fails as a business man.

So don't act like they stole this from him he never owned it to begin with. :rolleyes:

You have a good point here. I know box office figures don't necessarily make a good movie. However, the box office numbers are proof that people either enjoyed the movie or at least went to see it. "Stupid" people or not, they are still people :| Whether or not they liked it isn't important. A lot of people saw it and that is a fact. Some of those people may have decided to go back and watch the real version of Dawn on account of enjoying the remake. I'm sure the majority of those people enjoyed Romero's film, probably more so than the remake they just watched.

Ug, this just makes me hate it even more. Rhames all done up in that ever-so-obviously-military get up, Rhodes was sporting some style, some simple green kit and his stylish hair curl thing, plus his double holster thingy. The dude was all style, Ving-a-ling's version looks far too stuck in the military mud.

To be honest, it's not hard to make good zombie make up, well, it's not p*ss easy, but it's not exactly rocket science. Like, the make up in Yawn04 was about the best bit of the movie, however, the FX in those photos doesn't look that great, they certainly don't look like the putrid, sh*t smelling zombies from GAR's original & best that have been hanging around for months and months...

Could be worse. They could have picked Ben Affleck, Vince Vaughn, Matt Damon, Matthew Broderick, Matthew McConaughey, Matt LeBlanc, Nicholas Cage, Kevin Spacey or any number of "safe" stiffs to play Rhodes. They could have done much worse than Rhames. For example, Charlie Sheen or Don Johnson may have been interested in the work.........

Hell, if this remake were only being shown on cable or headed straight to dvd, you'd probably have seen Eric Roberts, Rutger Hauer, Mark Dacascos or Christopher Lambert get the job. Romero didn't pick Joe Pilato to sell movie tickets and whether or not Rhames was in the Dawn remake, I don't really think he was given the role just to sell movie tickets. I never even heard of the guy outside of Dawn, so he is hardly a mainstream or safe choice. I suppose people might have rather seen a guy like Bruce Campbell get the gig but that would be too obvious (or too kneejerk) and a choice that looks much better on paper than it would end up being on the screen.

Using Rhames in another remake is no worse than Tom Savini popping up in two versions of Dawn (including one Romero had nothing to do with) and then Land.

Nobody expects it to be better than the original, anyway, so it doesn't matter. If it somehow ended up being better than the original, beyond a shadow of a doubt, nobody would ever admit it so that is also a moot point :cool:

coma
19-Aug-2006, 11:48 PM
Hell, if this remake were only being shown on cable or headed straight to dvd, you'd probably have seen Eric Roberts, Rutger Hauer, Mark Dacascos or Christopher Lambert get the job. Romero didn't pick Joe Pilato to sell movie tickets and whether or not Rhames was in the Dawn remake, I don't really think he was given the role just to sell movie tickets. I never even heard of the guy outside of Dawn, so he is hardly a mainstream or safe choice. I suppose people might have rather seen a guy like Bruce Campbell get the gig but that would be too obvious (or too kneejerk) and a choice that looks much better on paper than it would end up being on the screen.

Using Rhames in another remake is no worse than Tom Savini popping up in two versions of Dawn (including one Romero had nothing to do with) and then Land.

Nobody expects it to be better than the original, anyway, so it doesn't matter. If it somehow ended up being better than the original, beyond a shadow of a doubt, nobody would ever admit it so that is also a moot point :cool:
If it was better I would admit it. Iloved tthe 1950s thing as a kid, but carpenters is superior in every way.
And whats wrong with Rutger Hauer? Maybe a gultly pleasure, But I think he's pretty damn good. Blade Runner, of course, an Batman BEgins. I think he'd be a kick ass Rhodes.

I didnt like Pilato in Day back in 85. Thought he was too cartoony. Over the years he really grew on me. Ving Rhames has had the exact opposite reaction from me. Used to like him alot, now I see he's just 1 note and getting suckier by the minute.

I hope the new days better, but the casting is way too lame.laaaaaaame.

Remakes don't bother me at all. Many great films have been remakes. Its not that they are remaking GAR at all, its HOW and WHO are making the remakes.

7feet
20-Aug-2006, 01:03 AM
MinionZombie:

To be honest, it's not hard to make good zombie make up...
Sez who, there, buddy boy? They can be tricky buggers to pull off sometimes. They do have some pretty good folks running the makeup department (hmmm, maybe I should give 'em a call...), so that shouldn't be too much of a worry. Also, the guy who was my assistant on Class of Nuke 'm High yea these many moons ago is doing the visual FX, he's pretty good. Though he did the FX for Mansquito, so who knows. The cinematographer seems to mostly be a TV guy, not a lot of confidence in the production designer, and the editor only has credits as an assistant editor - that doesn't bode well.

I do agree with all and sundry gripes about the casting, though. Scary business. Who knows, they may pull magic out of their collective arse, but I ain't countin' on it. Ugh.

Brubaker
20-Aug-2006, 01:59 AM
If it was better I would admit it. Iloved tthe 1950s thing as a kid, but carpenters is superior in every way.
And whats wrong with Rutger Hauer? Maybe a gultly pleasure, But I think he's pretty damn good. Blade Runner, of course, an Batman BEgins. I think he'd be a kick ass Rhodes.

I didnt like Pilato in Day back in 85. Thought he was too cartoony. Over the years he really grew on me. Ving Rhames has had the exact opposite reaction from me. Used to like him alot, now I see he's just 1 note and getting suckier by the minute.

I hope the new days better, but the casting is way too lame.laaaaaaame.

Remakes don't bother me at all. Many great films have been remakes. Its not that they are remaking GAR at all, its HOW and WHO are making the remakes.

I remember people criticizing the casting for Land before that came out, whether it was Leguizamo or whoever. It makes me think a few people were sitting around in the mid 1980's, when casting was announced for Day, saying "Who the hell is Joe Pilato or Lori Cardille? Why the hell are they in this movie?" Now nobody would dream of asking that but I don't think anyone was sitting around back then and talking about how excited they were about some of the mostly unknown/anonymous actors that were cast.

It reminds me of the first Major League movie, where they show people sitting around a bar in Cleveland reading the Indians new team roster and asking each other who the hell the players were.

Going further, if it is ok for Pilato to pop up in two of Romero's movies as a different character each time, then Rhames shouldn't be criticized for appearing in a couple of remakes loosely based on that work.

Yeah, Rutger Hauer is quite a character. He'd have made a better Frankenstein than most anybody else out there. I don't know about Rhodes. He makes a good vampire in the Salem's Lot remake, which had the bad luck of casting Rob Lowe. I'm an Eric Roberts guy, he might have made a good soldier (strictly following orders) in one of these movies. Gotta feel for a guy who is responsible for giving his little sister (Julia) her big break in the movie business only to have her spit on him and turn her back on him once she got somewhere in Hollywood :elol:

MinionZombie
20-Aug-2006, 11:12 AM
Tom Savini popping up in Yawn04 though was just a cameo, not a whole new character. His part was a "shout out" to the original. Just like with using Ken and Scott and name dropping Gaylen.

Also, has anyone noticed how in the credits at the beginning of Yawn that GAR's credit for writing the original is shorter than all the other credits given out? (Opening credits specifically). And of course the credits are so crap you can't even read what they say, dark red on black, oh what a smart idea ... idiots.

coma
20-Aug-2006, 03:12 PM
I remember people criticizing the casting for Land before that came out, whether it was Leguizamo or whoever. It makes me think a few people were sitting around in the mid 1980's, when casting was announced for Day, saying "Who the hell is Joe Pilato or Lori Cardille? Why the hell are they in this movie?" Now nobody would dream of asking that but I don't think anyone was sitting around back then and talking about how excited they were about some of the mostly unknown/anonymous actors that were cast.
Going further, if it is ok for Pilato to pop up in two of Romero's movies as a different character each time, then Rhames shouldn't be criticized for appearing in a couple of remakes loosely based on that work.
Back in 84 there was no internet and few horror mags (famous monsters, fango and zines which were mail order), No net, remember. Few comic stores and few conventions. People didn't know about casting and it was hard to find other people into GAR. Like NONE. Obviously there were tons, but no way to really network. So most of this is a product of the net. People weren't reading variety outside the industry. The diffrence is vetween GArs cast of unknowns and his usual suspects VS. Known, but crappy. plus most people don't follow these things, they just see a movie. My Mom likes these kinds of movies and she would get confused thinking Ving was the same guy
after the movie
"Was that the same guy? I thought he dies at the end. Huh?"

Also, Joe Pilato had a bit part almost entirely cut from the theatrical version of Dawn (go and check. The cigarette guy has a bigger part). The Cannes cut Wasn't really available until like 1997. VIng is a lead in the reamake and it's sequel. That is wierd and pretty stupid imo.

Brubaker
20-Aug-2006, 05:23 PM
Back in 84 there was no internet and few horror mags (famous monsters, fango and zines which were mail order), No net, remember. Few comic stores and few conventions. People didn't know about casting and it was hard to find other people into GAR. Like NONE. Obviously there were tons, but no way to really network. So most of this is a product of the net. People weren't reading variety outside the industry. The diffrence is vetween GArs cast of unknowns and his usual suspects VS. Known, but crappy. plus most people don't follow these things, they just see a movie. My Mom likes these kinds of movies and she would get confused thinking Ving was the same guy
after the movie
"Was that the same guy? I thought he dies at the end. Huh?"

Also, Joe Pilato had a bit part almost entirely cut from the theatrical version of Dawn (go and check. The cigarette guy has a bigger part). The Cannes cut Wasn't really available until like 1997. VIng is a lead in the reamake and it's sequel. That is wierd and pretty stupid imo.

I don't consider many of the people cast in the Dawn remake or this one to be known, as you say. I've never even heard of most of these actors/actresses. To me, they are nobodies and unknowns. How many of them have actually accomplished something in the business, aside from doing one or two summer movies or bit parts in key releases?

If the original movies had nothing to do with each other from a storyline standpoint, aside from Romero's name, then the remakes sure don't. Somebody on this "sequel/remake" probably liked Ving's work a couple years beforehand. He hasn't done anything in the business that suggests people are casting him in this movie just to capitalize on the success of the 04' Dawn or his previous work. I can't imagine that everyone was cast because they are friends or family of the director or because he feels that he owes people a favor.

bassman
20-Aug-2006, 05:40 PM
I wonder if any of these actors have actually seen the original films that they're remaking......:rockbrow:

AssassinFromHell
20-Aug-2006, 07:35 PM
I wonder if any of these actors have actually seen the original films that they're remaking......:rockbrow:

Nick Cannon will be on Lettermen. Lettahmahn will be like, "So, what do you think of the original Day of the Dead?". Cannon will be like "There's an original?"

ILoVeZoMbiE
20-Aug-2006, 08:52 PM
Mmhhh, the zombie's are SLOW, or they are "ridiculous, super-power athletic" like Yawn of the s..t 04 ??:mad:

I hope that they are "classic zombie's"

Bubdotd
20-Aug-2006, 09:07 PM
Nick Cannon will be on Lettermen. Lettahmahn will be like, "So, what do you think of the original Day of the Dead?". Cannon will be like "There's an original?"

Lmfao dude i totally agree with both of you. this is sad tho indeed.:dead: