PDA

View Full Version : Wii preorders.

p2501
17-Aug-2006, 07:35 PM
not sure if i passed this along earlier or not.

When i grabbed my 360 last week i asked the guy at gamestop if they've heard anything on preorders for the Wii. currently Gamestops plan is to start taking tentative preorders towards the end of august.

Basicly it'll cost you $50 to preorder the unit. you won't have to pay for it in full untill you pick it up. but this will hold you one for the launch date.

the guy wasn't certain as to when this is going into effect as it's still being approved by corporate.

general tbag
17-Aug-2006, 09:57 PM
did u also hear the rumour that the wii might be only 170 bux. everyone waiting for some sort of announcement, for both price and specs my self included.

DeadJonas190
18-Aug-2006, 05:36 AM
I read a rumour recently that there will be a version with 2 controlers and Wii Sports for $229.99 and then a version with 1 controler and no game for $199.99.

I doubt there will be two versions, but I do believe the price of $229.99 as it seems about right for some reason. Hopefully that announcement from Nintendo comes early September and not late September.

general tbag
18-Aug-2006, 05:40 AM
reguardless 27 launch games has been confirmed, that gonan hurt the pocket book come launch.

Danny
18-Aug-2006, 10:50 AM
at game there saying "would you like to register your interest in the wii?" so they ask for your phone number and address and then when theyve all put there and there familys and freinds preorders down, then they tell you.

and yeah i saw it in a nintendo mag for 229.99 with 2 controllers and wii sports. i would have prefered wario ware as its more of a party game with the "make a bollox of yersen" tennis.:D