PDA

View Full Version : What film festivals have you entered?

DjfunkmasterG
19-Aug-2006, 04:23 AM
I know some of us have been working on films for the better part of 2005/2006, and when completed we all hope our work gets seen or accepted by the film festival circuit. Since most of us are producing zombie films I am curious what festivals you have entered your projects into for consideration.

DEADLANDS: The Rising has been entered into the following festivals:

New York City Independent Horror Film Festival
Rhode Island Horror Film Festival
Greenbelt Utopia Film Festival
Eerie Horror Film Festival
It Came From Lake Michigan
Indy Horror Film Festival
Fright Night Film Festival (Just heard about it on Deadpit.com and shipped out a DVD to them tonight in hopes of making the monday deadline.)
and a couple other small fests dealing with the horror genre. Most of the festivals will be announcing their finalists soon, and I hope we make the cut for NYC and RIHFF.

So for you filmmakers out there what have you entered into?

livingdeadboy
19-Aug-2006, 10:47 AM
Escalation has been sent to the Sundance Film Festival

MinionZombie
19-Aug-2006, 12:14 PM
Not really many festivals or whatnot around here in the UK, at least not the sort of festivals that are suited to "literally no budget filmmaking" like I currently do. However, I have had a short shown at the Borderlines Film Festival, that was back in April or May (I forget) and I got a lot of good feedback when people came up to me about it, so that was nice.

Also entered stuff into the Malvern Film Festival recently. Apart from those two then like I said there aren't really any suitable festivals. The sorts you get mostly here in the UK are suited to things done with London Film Academy funding or films with actual budgets.

Now, that said, the short film that I am currently brainstorming ideas for (hope to have it written by Xmas or soon after) will have a budget and while being a 'trial run' of sorts for a future, much bigger production (which currently involves two war recreation groups, tanks and meteors ... for a start), we will also enter it into festivals, look into getting it distributed (we have a contact for that already, failing that we'd self-distribute) and also show it around our area in village halls and whatnot and charge admission to make back some of the cash. Might also look at the possibility of getting it rated by the BBFC, which would probably be required anyway if we're looking to get it distributed.

But that's all thought right now, I've gotta actually write the damn thing first! ha!

Danny
20-Aug-2006, 12:00 AM
i did a zombie short about a year or two ago called "the infected" (HOW ****ING ORIGIONAL AM I?!?:lol: ) ....anyway it was a small staffordshier film festival and it was the last one, my film was enjoyed but didnt win owt.

but i guess when people laugh at the funny bits and scream at the scary and say "that was cool" at the end my work the was done.:D

DjfunkmasterG
20-Aug-2006, 12:46 AM
When we did the commentary last weekend, the DP was happy that one of the sequences he came up with came off really good. I always know when thomas is happy when he watches something he nods his head up and down in agreement, or if he dislikes something he cocks his head to one side which tells me I need to tweak a few things.

I am eagerly awaiting a screening so I can see how everyone will react to the finished product.

Danny
20-Aug-2006, 12:50 AM
hey from what ive seen in trailers and sutch it will be the social event of the season:D

okay maybe not but still pretty good.:lol:

oh and i think every set has one person with a tick like that, i got a freind who whenever hes in a film of mine, when he watches himeself on screen he does that almost exact same dance charlie murphy does in the time haters skit in chapeeles show we call it his "dave on a cactus dance":D

Fulcifan91
20-Aug-2006, 02:58 AM
I am eagerly awaiting a screening so I can see how everyone will react to the finished product.

Any way your doing just a regular screenig, did AFI ever contact you back?

DjfunkmasterG
20-Aug-2006, 05:31 AM
we are going to do a regular screening too... :D

axlish
20-Aug-2006, 04:07 PM
I have entered It Came From Lake Michigan, and I plan to enter Screamfest and Fright Night Film Fest on Monday.

Fulcifan91
21-Aug-2006, 12:23 AM
we are going to do a regular screening too... :D
yessssssssssss, Maryland /DC ? or out of state?

DjfunkmasterG
21-Aug-2006, 12:31 AM
Well I live in Maryland... So I will screen it in Maryland. The festivals, if accepted will screen it at the venues they have secured to screen a ll entries.