PDA

View Full Version : Filming Resumes on DEADLANDS tonight.

DjfunkmasterG
10-Mar-2006, 09:41 AM
After a 4 month hiatus we will once again roll cameras on DEADLANDS to finish up principal photography. From now, until at least June almost 2 weekends a month will be dedicated to getting this thing finished.

Those of you going to the Ohio horror film fest in April... watch for a new trailer which will debut at the fest along with a clip from the film.

ARTWORK!

While we film and edit and film some more the one thing none of use are good at is artwork... (Although our acting skills are probably on the same level as our artwork skills)... Anyway, if anyone here is interested in doing some photoshop artwork let me know. There will be credit in the end credits plus a small bit of compensation (not much as we are almost out of money as it is)

We are doing our Photoshoot tonight for the movie poster and DVD cover, but I still need someone to make something out of all the photos. I am also looking for anyone who can do an animation for our film company logo. Any takers please IM me if you have YAHOO (DjfunkmasterG) or send me a PM here on homepage of the Dead.

MinionZombie
10-Mar-2006, 11:17 AM
Freakin' sweet - good luck with the filming.

It's always a nice feeling to have something to shoot, at the moment I'm spending a lot of time with the Rural Media Company shooting short films for BBC Local TV - it's not zombies and blood and gore, lol, but it's good experience you know - might lead to paid work with them, I seem to be getting eyed up with a lot of questioning etc...bit of a segway, but I'm chuffed to be going somewhere at last.

So yes, good luck with your filming, I remember checking out the 7 minute clip you stuck up a while ago and it was cool.

DjfunkmasterG
10-Mar-2006, 12:22 PM
If you thought that was cool...

wait until you see the finished version.

I have a working edit right now which runs 31 minutes and it is insane with pacing. I showed my DP an 11 minute segment 2 weeks ago and everyone seems tolove the editing and general pace of the film.

Thanks for the thanks... We will be thinking about ya

Neil
10-Mar-2006, 09:44 PM
Looking forward to seeing it :)

jdog
11-Mar-2006, 12:45 AM
cant wait

Mike
11-Mar-2006, 08:20 AM
Best of luck with the filming man, I like so many others are eagerly anticipating the release of this film.

Deadman_Deluxe
11-Mar-2006, 12:30 PM
I have a nice piece of music finished which should be good for the deadlands trailer ... running about 1 minute 50 secs ... i wrote it with a teaser trailer in mind, but it can be made slightly longer/shorter if needs be.

DjfunkmasterG
13-Mar-2006, 11:30 PM
Hey Guys...

HOLY SHIZNIZZLE...

Well we wrapped another weekend of filming, although we didn't get everything accomplished we hoped for, we got many major scenes completed. Friday night we got off to a very late start as my Make-up gal and DP were late to the set, and some of my extra zombies didn't make it until 6pm (Set call was 4pm). Once we got rolling we had to practice a a very tricky block sequence, then move onto some "Dog Shots". Just as we were filming a very important sequence my DVX-100 suddenly didn't want to record sound, luckily we found out it was the mic, but it set us back another hour.

By 9pm we broke for dinner (Baked ziti, 150 meatballs, and baked garlic chicken strips) after 35 cast & crew chewed down for 45 minutes we picked up filming and did finish one escape sequence, but not with all the angles we wanted. Because it is my producer's house & you really can't get too crazy after midnight. Once midnight came we did some still photography for the movie poster, then wrapped for the night. Brian (producer) and his wife and I sat up til 3:30am and talked about our setbacks but mostly had a few laughs then crashed until 11am.

Saturday we resumed shooting, and what was supposed to be a night of filming the other escape had to be pushed back as only 5 people could make it to be zombies, so instead we filmed the entire beginning of the movie. However this took almost 8 hours because there were some last minute script changes for lines to be delivered by a 9 year old and the dialogue is not something you would typically hear coming from a child of that age so when he would pull it off we woud get in a giggle fit. However we did get 90% of the beginning done by dinner time and we grilled some burgers and dogs. The producers wife and I indulged in a very large whiskey sour each which only added to our giddiness when we resumed... especially when we had to film her adjusting her mirror and doing a reaction to seeing a zombie in the rear view mirror... Let's just say Geico will get a lot of free publicity in the gag reel on these scenes alone.

Well 1am came and we wrapped for the night, but the party didn't end there. Brian, Michelle and I stayed up until almost 4am laughing about our antics on set.

Our DP is a really great guy but he strives for the best shot he can get which does eat up some time, however I like to get his goat by saying... PHUCK it shoot it as it is... I will fix it in post. Well we teased him most of the night with that... however, Michelle got the worst of it.... I wanna save that for the gag reel.

I have some pictures from the weekend and when I get sometime this week I will post them up.

Now I saved the the two best things for last. I mentioned sometime ago I wanted to change the title of the film, well since everyone but me likes the title I decided to keep it, but I am tacking on an extra bit. Since we will be doing a sequel in 2008 I modified the title to be...

DEADLANDS episode 1: The Rising

Our running time won't be over 60 minutes, so this allows me to carry it into a 2nd or 3rd movie with the same characters.

My 2nd piece of good news... I have completed 90% of the films score and I have edited 90% of the footage shot this weekend into the film. I was up til 4am last night editing and been spending some of the day today doing more of it. My producer and I spent 3 hours on yahoo voice chat Laughing our asses off at Michelle's gag reel and getting some sound FX secured for the Buffet scenes. Since I am submitting this for rating I am trying to secure an R, but I decided screw it and am editing in hopes for an NC-17. I will be submitting my paperwork and a new trailer for rating. I am expecting RED BAND on the trailer.

I will keep you all posted on our progress in the upcoming weeks. We are pushing to get this premiered in Baltimore, MD by October 2006 with a DVD release in December. We will have a Theatrical showing one night only which I will get ya more details on that as I get them.

DjfunkmasterG
02-Jun-2006, 10:50 AM
3 weekends left. This and the next two weekends are all that is left for DEADLANDS principal photography. I am so excited to get this finished and edited together. It is amazing how fast an entire year went by, and how well the production turned out.

The next 3 weekends focus on the story of Lou's character and My Character, plus the ending to wrap everything up. If any re-shoots are needed they will probably be done in late september. However, it won't be much longer, and if there are no re-shoots. The release date could easily be moved up 2 months to October 2006. Just in time for a halloween release.

Pistolero Films
02-Jun-2006, 11:46 AM
Who is releasing the flick?

Also, did you get any takers for the 3D logo idea? I could help out in that respect. I've been doing 3D animation for 8 years. If interested, PM me and forward the details...how you want it to look, colours, resolution etc etc.

DjfunkmasterG
02-Jun-2006, 12:49 PM
Check your PM pistolero :D