PDA

View Full Version : Censor****!?

KingStoph
19-Aug-2006, 10:42 PM
Just a Question... Sorry if its asked before, but why is this forum Censored!? this sites based around Zombie movies, so anyone HERE is sure enough gonna be able to handle a few FU(KS and SH!TS :D

general tbag
19-Aug-2006, 11:08 PM
These forums are family-oriented, suitable for all ages - faq section

seems fair enough

Danny
20-Aug-2006, 12:06 AM
huh?

but arent these movies 18 certificate?

the mind doth boggle.:confused:

Eyebiter
20-Aug-2006, 12:34 AM
Because on the old board there were problems with immature kids using profanity to an extreme. Anyone else remember the flame war of Dec 6, 2004? Several board members went ape#&*! that day.

Danny
20-Aug-2006, 12:47 AM
ive allways thought this board was pretty zen... almost two calm at times its just when i say something like " i gotta clean up all this **** in my room" i dont mean it like profanity or as an insult but as language ,some people still bulsh at the words bastards or bugger and they aint blurred.

darth los
20-Aug-2006, 12:53 AM
Sure we can take foul language, but that's not the point. People shouldn't have to be subjected to the foulmouth rantings of those who are too inarticulate to use acceptable language when trying to construct an argument or make a point. I don't know if you guys have noticed but when someone feels the need to curse every other word it makes them look less than intelligent. Like sarah said in DAy " I've got better things to do than listen to this kindergarten". Also, there are women and kids that visit this site. it's not appropriate to subject them to that type of atmosphere. Every member of this site should be made to feel comfortable. You could say that if you don't like it just don't read it , but that would effectively "Censor" parts of the site from members who have as much right as anybody to roam freely without having to see offensive posts. Now is that fair?

DjfunkmasterG
20-Aug-2006, 12:54 AM
I still can't fathom how P I S S is censored. Don't you guys in the UK go out and get P I S S E D from time to time.

Hell P*SS is even said on regular TV here in the USA.

I think P!SS should at least be uncensored.

darth los
20-Aug-2006, 01:00 AM
ive allways thought this board was pretty zen... almost two calm at times its just when i say something like " i gotta clean up all this **** in my room" i dont mean it like profanity or as an insult but as language ,some people still bulsh at the words bastards or bugger and they aint blurred.

I guess it's also true that no matter what you do that you're always going to offend some people. How ever i think that the majority of people here know what falls outside the boundries of good taste.:D Also, to clear up any confusion, i also think that most of the members of this site conduct themselves in an exemplary manner and are very concious not to disrespect other members. But as was stated earlier there's always one or 2 at every site.

I still can't fathom how P I S S is censored. Don't you guys in the UK go out and get P I S S E D from time to time.

Hell P*SS is even said on regular TV here in the USA.

I think P!SS should at least be uncensored.

so is the word bitch

general tbag
20-Aug-2006, 01:15 AM
not it aint, i see it fine darth :lol:

AssassinFromHell
20-Aug-2006, 03:32 AM
Because on the old board there were problems with immature kids using profanity to an extreme. Anyone else remember the flame war of Dec 6, 2004? Several board members went ape#&*! that day.

*cough*Moderators*cough*

coma
20-Aug-2006, 03:40 AM
Where I'm from, if it ain't got 2 fux in it, it ain't a sentence.

Andy
20-Aug-2006, 10:59 AM
You guys are learning, the reasons for the censor have been listed already. just in case you missed them, here they are.

Sure we can take foul language, but that's not the point. People shouldn't have to be subjected to the foulmouth rantings of those who are too inarticulate to use acceptable language when trying to construct an argument or make a point. I don't know if you guys have noticed but when someone feels the need to curse every other word it makes them look less than intelligent. Like sarah said in DAy " I've got better things to do than listen to this kindergarten". Also, there are women and kids that visit this site. it's not appropriate to subject them to that type of atmosphere. Every member of this site should be made to feel comfortable. You could say that if you don't like it just don't read it , but that would effectively "Censor" parts of the site from members who have as much right as anybody to roam freely without having to see offensive posts. Now is that fair?

i have discussed this with neil and we both think the 4 word censor is just right now, so we wont be changing it.

oh and by the way guys, its against the rules to bypass the censor :p

4 key swear words are automatically censored out on all area's of these forums, you may not at any time bybass or deceive this censor.

Offensive posts will be edited or deleted and offending members warned.

MinionZombie
20-Aug-2006, 11:26 AM
I still think P*SS should be let off, it's a pretty standard word, especially sat next to the other three, which are pretty obvious why they're banned. So my thoughts are the "P" word should be uncensored, you can keep the others fer now...:)

Adrenochrome
20-Aug-2006, 12:44 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
man, that is so true!

DjfunkmasterG
20-Aug-2006, 01:20 PM
I still think P*SS should be let off, it's a pretty standard word, especially sat next to the other three, which are pretty obvious why they're banned. So my thoughts are the "P" word should be uncensored, you can keep the others fer now...:)

I am with Minion on this one... Unban the P word. Pussy, snatch, Hell I even think COCK is allowed, why not P*ss? When's the last time you got p*ss Drunk? Or was P*ssed they did another remake of a romero film.

See it is a harmless word. :D So let's all get P*ssed in celebration of the de-banning of the P word.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
man, that is so true!

3 or 4 when I am talking, but that's usually me going off on a rant.

Andy
20-Aug-2006, 02:44 PM
ive been speaking to neil about this one just now, and the verdict is in.

we have decided to take piss off the censor. so you can now officially say piss, pissed off, piss off, im pissed, get pissed, dont be so pissy... etc etc :D

we've also agreed that our stance on the other censored words is tough but fair, and we will not be removing them, so the 3 word censor remains.

MinionZombie
20-Aug-2006, 03:56 PM
Hooray! Victory party for PISS!!! The system works! :)

Fair enough I guess on the others, at least I can still let rip in real life ... *gasp* but what will become of "fupishcu"?! ... "fushcu" I guess, ha!

FUSHCU for everyone at the buffet ... let's get pissed! :cool:

Zombie-A-GoGo
20-Aug-2006, 04:21 PM
Can we put "god" ON the censor? :D I notice sometimes of TV, if they say "goddamn", they bleep out the "god" part and not the "damn" part. Just trying to help those who are adverse to using his name in vain...:lol:

MinionZombie
20-Aug-2006, 04:40 PM
*urgh*

American TV censorship has gone waaaaaaaaaaaay too far...one of the last great episodes of Family Guy was the one when they were being censored in real life...

DjfunkmasterG
20-Aug-2006, 07:17 PM
Thanks Neil and Andy :D

Lets all get pissed in celebration

Bubdotd
20-Aug-2006, 09:03 PM
so we can say piss now?

yes im not pissed anymore lol:lol:

Adrenochrome
20-Aug-2006, 09:20 PM
piss

:D

awww, yay!

DjfunkmasterG
21-Aug-2006, 12:33 AM
Can we put "god" ON the censor? :D I notice sometimes of TV, if they say "goddamn", they bleep out the "god" part and not the "damn" part. Just trying to help those who are adverse to using his name in vain...:lol:

No, GOD maynot be put on the censor list.! :D

Adrenochrome
21-Aug-2006, 01:23 PM
No, GOD maynot be put on the censor list.! :D
I don't know, God can be kinda.......**wind blows cocain off my briefcase** - "Hey, did you see what GOD just did to us???....":D :D :D
Sorry, couldn't help it.

bassman
21-Aug-2006, 01:49 PM
I don't know, God can be kinda.......**wind blows cocain off my briefcase** - "Hey, did you see what GOD just did to us???....":D :D :D
Sorry, couldn't help it.

"God didn't do that. You did. You've a f*cking narcotics agent!"

Andy
21-Aug-2006, 01:58 PM
ok this has served its purpose lets not spam up my help forum :rockbrow: