PDA

View Full Version : Just curious... Why don't we have a comprehensive ZOMBIE film list?

DjfunkmasterG
10-Mar-2006, 10:17 AM
I know this site is dedicated to the Romero films, but it would be cool to have a sticky list of every zombie film made and made a hot link to the IMDB page.

Does anyone else think that might be a cool IDEA?

tju1973
10-Mar-2006, 11:13 AM
Not a bad idea, and it shouldn't be too hard....

MikePizzoff
10-Mar-2006, 11:56 AM
That's funny because I was thinking about posting this same exact suggestion today. I'm sure Neil or Andy wouldn't mind making a thread sticky if we just all contributed to the list!

DjfunkmasterG
10-Mar-2006, 12:19 PM
Here is what i know about

Hood of the living Dead
Return of the Living Dead 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5
ZombieZ
Garden of the Dead
Zombie
Zombie 3, 4, & 5
A virgin among the Living Dead
House of the Dead 1 & 2
Resident Evil 1, 2, & 3
Of course the Romero saga
Zombie 90
Children of the Living Dead
City of the Living Dead
Night of the Zombies aka Hell of the Living Dead
City of the Walking Dead
Night 90
Dawn 04
Day 2007
Night 3D
28 Days later (Yes it is a PHUCKING zombie film) :evil:

Deadscapes - gotta give props to the HPOTD people doing there thing
The Dead: Live
Risen (Zombie Nation member, but still a zombie film)
Season of the Dead

I know I am missing a lot, but it is a start

Maybe include the Evil Dead series in here...

Andy
10-Mar-2006, 12:44 PM
i used to have one on video years ago called lake of the dead..

and you missed peter jacksons "Braindead" (dead alive in america).

and no, 28 days later is not a zombie film :p

Cody
10-Mar-2006, 01:41 PM
zombie holocaust
creepshow (that one zombie water scene)
the dead next door
burial ground

Phildogger
10-Mar-2006, 01:45 PM
Here it is. Does anyone else have this book? I got a month ago, absolutely love it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1903254337/sr=8-1/qid=1142002028/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-7102597-9882300?%5Fencoding=UTF8

erisi236
10-Mar-2006, 04:00 PM
The Dead Pit
Biozombie
Shockwaves

:)

Cody
10-Mar-2006, 04:06 PM
arent there a couple of chinese zombie flicks? stacy? something?

Mr_Shadow
10-Mar-2006, 04:10 PM
Re-Animator
Bride of the Re-Animator
Beyond Re-Animator
The Beyond
Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town
Shaun of the Dead
The Dead Hate the Living
Dead Men Walking (infected like 28 days later, but are dead)
Dead and Breakfast
Undead
Versus
Wild Zero
I, Zombie
Dead Alive
Cemetery Man
Night of the Creeps
Night of the Comet
Redneck Zombies
the Fog (?)
Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things

axlish
10-Mar-2006, 05:01 PM
There is a list somewhere on the net... searching now...

http://www.horror-wood.com/zombiemovielist.htm

http://www.diescreaming.co.uk/zombielist.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_movies

Between those links that should be about it

DeadCentral
11-Mar-2006, 09:17 AM
"and no, 28 days later is not a zombie film"-word!!

Good film but DEFINATELY NOT a zombie film.:rockbrow:

Dawg
11-Mar-2006, 10:55 PM
True, I haven't updated it in like forever, but go here for a big @$$ list of zombie films, books, games, etc.:

http://go.to/domainofthedead

Eventually I would like to get it redone and maintain regularly, but making zombie films takes my time away. :)

:dead: Dawg :skull:

bluball
11-Mar-2006, 11:50 PM
Finally available through Amazon...

HLS
12-Mar-2006, 03:54 PM
I agree. We need a list of every zombie and zombie related movie ever made. There is one particular movie I can not remember the name of it and a list will help me figure it out

MinionZombie
12-Mar-2006, 05:34 PM
Lake of the Dead? You mean Zombie Lake? German zombies with green skin, naked chicks in a lake, crazy-eyed General type ... very trashy Euro-zombie flick.

Andy
12-Mar-2006, 07:00 PM
Lake of the Dead? You mean Zombie Lake? German zombies with green skin, naked chicks in a lake, crazy-eyed General type ... very trashy Euro-zombie flick.
thats the one..

glsjaw
12-Mar-2006, 10:48 PM
dang every post i come to i think of one that was forgotten until i read the next post, you guys suck. I will keep thinking

Cody
13-Mar-2006, 03:13 AM
Neil what do you think about this idea?

aga
13-Mar-2006, 07:16 PM
It's a ridiculous task, I own 150 zombie films and it feels like I've barely scratched the surface, every day I'll either hear of an 80s flick that flew under the radar or 3 new low-budget indie productions.
I'd reccomend checking out Undead Films (http://www.undeadfilms.com/) and ZMDB (http://www.trashvideo.org/zmdb/) the Zombie Movie Database.

Dead_Leader
13-Mar-2006, 07:40 PM
Would Return of the Living DEad: Rave to the Grave and Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis fall into this catagory?

dmbfanintn
13-Mar-2006, 08:29 PM
arent there a couple of chinese zombie flicks? stacy? something?

Junk,
Versus,
Stacy,
Bio-Zombie

These are all great asian zombie flicks. If you've never checked out an asian zombie flick, you're missing out! Try one of those listed, Junk is great, and Bio-Zombie is like a Chinese "dawn of the dead" as it takes place in a mall!

Love the asian zom flicks!

DeadJonas190
14-Mar-2006, 02:09 AM
Zombie Cult Massacre

It's the only one not already on the list that I know. ON a side note, I found Versus at Walmart for $9.99.

Cykotic
15-Mar-2006, 08:18 AM
I've just found this one

"Raiders of the Damned"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436701/

DjfunkmasterG
15-Mar-2006, 02:42 PM
i used to have one on video years ago called lake of the dead..

and you missed peter jacksons "Braindead" (dead alive in america).

and no, 28 days later is not a zombie film :p

Ok if 28 days later can't be a zombie flick, then Night of the creeps nor Night of the Comet should not qualify.

Re-Animator
Bride of the Re-Animator
Beyond Re-Animator
The Beyond
Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town
Shaun of the Dead
The Dead Hate the Living
Dead Men Walking (infected like 28 days later, but are dead)
Dead and Breakfast
Undead
Versus
Wild Zero
I, Zombie
Dead Alive
Cemetery Man
Night of the Creeps
Night of the Comet
Redneck Zombies
the Fog (?)
Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things

Night of the creeps only dead guy was the one the cop killed and buried under the house. Everyone else was alive when they swallowed a slug. Night of the comet was people just infected by lower levels of the comets' passing.

So if those qualify, 28 Days later does at well. :p

Andy
15-Mar-2006, 08:59 PM
i never said they where but i dont think ive seen either of those films.

28 days they are 'infected', not zombies (they are alive and they starve to death eventually)

:p

DjfunkmasterG
15-Mar-2006, 09:11 PM
Sucks to be them...

:p

Still a zombie flick :evil:

Tri0xin
16-Mar-2006, 04:21 AM
Night Life
Video Dead
Chud II: Bud the Chud

Dawg
17-Mar-2006, 07:10 PM
Ok if 28 days later can't be a zombie flick, then Night of the creeps nor Night of the Comet should not qualify.

Night of the creeps only dead guy was the one the cop killed and buried under the house. Everyone else was alive when they swallowed a slug. Night of the comet was people just infected by lower levels of the comets' passing.

So if those qualify, 28 Days later does at well. :p

Even if it were one dead guy, he was a zombie, so it qualifies. But, there were more than one, don't forget the dead boyfriend put on ice from the '50s and the bus load of college frat boys. They were killed in the crash and brought back with the space slugs.

Also, a zombie doesn't necessary have to be dead, remember voodoo?

DjfunkmasterG
17-Mar-2006, 08:01 PM
you said it yourself, they don't have to be dead.

Definition of zombie

#4: someone who acts or responds in a mechanical or apathetic way; "only an automaton wouldn't have noticed" This would make the infected qualify as zombies. I rest my case! So therefore NOTCreeps, and NOTComet will apply. :D

Night Life
Video Dead
Chud II: Bud the Chud

OMG, I forgot about CHUD 2. I watched this like every other day after it cmae out on video and I thought it was funny as hell. Is that out on DVD?

ZombieFood
17-Mar-2006, 08:07 PM
Also, a zombie doesn't necessary have to be dead, remember voodoo?

Frankly, I prefer my Zombies dead. :D

Danny
19-Apr-2006, 12:57 AM
I know this site is dedicated to the Romero films, but it would be cool to have a sticky list of every zombie film made and made a hot link to the IMDB page.

Does anyone else think that might be a cool IDEA?

cant be arsed to read all the posts but wikipedia has a pretty extensive one thats easy to find.

nick it!

Deadman_Deluxe
20-Apr-2006, 01:16 PM
28 Days later (Yes it is a PHUCKING zombie film)

Shame on you!!!!

Show me ONE legitimate zombie in that entire movie and i will eat my words :lol:

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2006, 06:29 PM
Damn straight - 28 Days Later just looks like a zombie film, but the "INFECTED" are just that - infected with rage - a manufactured disease. Whilst being infected you don't die, you just turn into a rage-fuelled person - an infected person - like someone getting rabies - they don't die in the cross-over. An infected can be killed without headshots, they run and just go funking nuts.

They ain't zombies dude ... pour yourself a pint of vodka-orange and console yourself :p:D

devoutus
22-Apr-2006, 05:36 AM
Serpent and the rainbow now sure if most people would count that but it’s about the folk lore legend and “based off of a true story” if I recall correctly

And I would count zombie related movies like 28 days latter just because I can’t get enough zombie and zombie like movies.
And dose Jason count as the living dead?

Zombie-A-GoGo
22-Apr-2006, 12:45 PM
My list thus far is on the front page of my blog...I have 545 so far...actually there's more but I haven't had the time to put them up lately.

Here's a link in you're interested: http://zombie-a-gogo.blogspot.com/

Track1033
22-Apr-2006, 02:03 PM
shaun Of The Dead!!!

DjfunkmasterG
23-Apr-2006, 02:34 PM
shaun Of The Dead!!!

It happens...

Hawkboy
23-Apr-2006, 10:43 PM
Frankly I'm shocked there are no mentions of the best Zombie movie outside of Romero's pictures, "White Zombie", or for that matter "I walked with a Zombie"

Dawg
24-Apr-2006, 12:05 AM
1) I still consider '28 Days Later' a zombie film. Yes, they aren't dead, but it is greatly influenced from 'Night of the Living Dead'. They are zombies in the sense upon how they act. Really, they are crazed people and therefore, George Romero's 'Crazies' would have to be counted as well.

2) Jason was a zombie since part six. He was killed by Tommy Jarvis in part four and came back to life through lightning strike in part six. He is rottening with his ribs and spine exposed and is walking around killing people. Maybe not a flesh and brains eating type of zombie, but a zombie nevertheless.

3) I used to maintain a zombie database online. (It is still there, but hasn't been updated in years!) It is at Fortunecity, but it is difficult to read through with their stupid pop-ups, ads and butchering of my secondary menu window.

Currently, I am updating the zombie database and it will be ten fold better. I have been sidetracked f**king around with another site I am making about retro videogames. The games site takes longer since I try and find every detail about a game including codes, cheats, passwords, maps, bosses, endings, music, etc.

The zombie database is easier since I can check out IMDB for movie info such as running times, etc.

If I had some help with some films, I could get it up quicker. I would need reviews and maybe video/dvd cover scans since sometimes you can't find them. Old or new versions, I may even include an option to see many covers if available.

If you are interested, private message me and we'll see about working together on it, including the retro game site if you wish!