PDA

View Full Version : best zombie game idea.

Bubdotd
21-Aug-2006, 02:20 AM
Ok listen some of you people know I am 16 years old. I have a idea for a zombie game (everyone would love it) its very original somthing you've never seen in a game before (with zombies in it) if I were to give my ideas to a company what would it be, and what are the chances of it being created? Its a very good game idea and I bet all of you would love it.

This is what i have so far, "and people add your ideas in". Since im sharing this info anyone can steal my idea. If you do, and submit this please give me some credit. Its not really money I want, its just I want to be able to play the game I created. Once again please don't steal this idea.

-- ---------------------------------------
Please read before posting or giving ideas!
-----------------------------------------

Here it is..

Discriptions:

I dont know what ill call the game but... heres an idea i have for it.
I'd like george romero to help me with the story line it would be an honor. i would have zombies from his series if hed let me.
and id have online maps like the farm, the mall and the under ground silo and more.
I would use my own created engine. This game would be offline and online i would prefer xbox 360 live and Pc. In my opinion ps2 would ruin the game becuase the lack of talking with your fellow surviver's. If the new ps3 is online with voice it would be good.
This game will be simaler to the sim's in living aspec's of the game.The single player will be you trying to survive a zombie invasion. you will have AI companion's and will have to deal with thing's like finding places to stay and get supplie's on your way to going north to canada. Online will have you surviving and geting along with other surviver's
------------------------------------
For online options:

Online will have you surviving on maps with people around the world from groups of 4-8 people depending on map size.

You can do story mode with up to 1-4 players and do survival mode from 2-8 players online!

small map's will have 4 people to survive and big maps will have 8 people. there will be 50-100 zombies at once on a screen and probly 100-500 zombies on a map at a time. If a surviver is bitten (depending on the bite) will have 3 choices 1.kill self 2.be killed 3.wait till he changes. He wont have a choice screen but it will just happen.. maybe a surviver will shoot him on instinct i dont know id ask him what he wants. Bites will consist on multiepul bites or how long it was to get the zombie off you.so heres how long it takes for you to be zombified. small (10-15 mins till zombiefied) medium (8 mins)
and large (3-5 mins).

Then you will be zombified.you will play as a zombie once you die you will be back on the game lobby screen. As a zombie you will be slow just like the other zombies. to kill a zombie it must be a head shot.if i can il make it that the zombies can lose limbs. You can only hold melee weapons or your your hands. If you come across a surviver you can bite him to get him to change. if you wack at him he will lose physicle points (AI zombies only grip on to you to bite and swing hands to break baracades and ect..)
There will be an option for friendly fire or no friendly fire.(friendly fire wont matter once your companion's bit)

You will be enabled to pick alot of male and female skins about 20 skins and lots of clothing and accesories.

For online line you will start with Just your fists and your wits. melee weapons will be avalible from almost anywere ranging from bats, crow bars, pipes, axes, 2X4's and use the hammers that u use to nail. also you can pick up one person person pick ups to throw at the zombies like chairs, crates, tv's and more house hold item's or object's one human can pick up.

For online and offline- Now for the sim's like game play. The survivers will have Bathroom bar's you will need to use the bathroom 10 mins after your character uses it last or you will use the bathroom on your self and will walk slow till you find a bathroom. Your character will have a Hunger bar and will need to eat every 5 mins after you eat or you will slowly lose Physicle health from you physicle health bar. Your physicle bar is for seen as above and you will lose some of your bar if u physicly hurt your self from a fall or shot by a surviver.there is also a sleep bar and its random for all characters so if some one is sleeping a survivor can be a look out while who ever needs sleep to sleep and just keep switching off.

you can find med packs ranging from low healing med healing and full healing for the pyhsicle bar. (med packs dont help you once your bitten)You wont find guns and ammo any were you will have to go to a gun store or a market for food or houses and maybe behind a liqure store counter you can find a gun, pawn shops may have guns too. You can only hold up to 2 weapons and a melee weapon. Your main weapon and secondary and melee. Your main weapon may be automatic rifle, rifle and sniper or heavy. secondary could be hand gun or Uzi. Your melee weapon can be what ever seen above. holdable objects arent melee side weapons its somthing you can throw or put up as a defence.

you can hold up anywere and use things to baracade, pick up object's and more and you might need more then 1 surviver to pick up heavy item's like desks and couches.. you will need nail's if you want to bord windows and doors with wood. you can break anything wood to make it small or usefull for baracading doors and windows like chairs or tables ect.you will have a nail and then numbers as an icon. depending on how the wood size things will range from 2 nails to 10 nails depending on the size. you will reqire a hammer or a nail gun.

when you run out you might need to go some were els to hold up. every one will spawn some were els at start. it will be safe for now.. till you meet some were. zombies will start comeing from every were after 20 seconds. this online wont have waves it will be set a number at the game start. from 100-1000 depending on how big the map is.
------------------------------------------
For offline option's:

You will start off with a tutorial and every thing will be normal. You will be at home and wake up from your bed. You then will learn how to use the bathroom becuase your meter will be low. Then you will be hungry and will go to the kitchen and find somthing to eat. Then you will have to drive to the shooting range to meet with freinds haven fun shooting targets.Your then will learn how to shoot targets.(like a mini game)

I will have 1-8 players (link) and 1-4 off line so friends and family can enjoy killing zombies together on story mode or surviver mode.

You will be No Named so you can be as yourself and try to survive. You will beable to pick male or female tho.

You then will go home and watch tv and you hear bizarre reports of the dead coming to life. you then will go through steps of boarding up and then baracading your windows and doors with furniture and ect.. You then will try and hold it out alone. You will have to hold up for a time period then will find out there breaking in.

You will then try and go it on foot finding places on the way to the north becuase you found out its a safe place and theres less zombies. You find survivers on the way and they help you. You will have party members and if they get bit you get to choose what you want to do. They will have different personality's and you will come across 100's of survivers on your way to canada. you will beable to hold up too 7 people in your surviver party.

More to come...

give me ideas people add on to it and il fit it in here.

listen lets give alotta thought into this everyone help to make the best zombie videogame made by zombiefan for zombie fans.

then we can figure out how to show companies this idea or try and make it our selves.

please rate this idea so far 1/10

this idea will get better as time progresses.

Also please if you dont like my idea please dont flame me.:( Also forgive me for my bad gramer.:)

i think i would name this game "dead universe" how is that as a title?

I think i would name this game "Dead Universe"

what do you think?:D

OddDNA
21-Aug-2006, 04:50 AM
You just named a bunch of options for a game.

It doesnt sound very fun honestly.

Either way.

Learn how to program and start coding :)

Bubdotd
21-Aug-2006, 05:00 AM
You just named a bunch of options for a game.

It doesnt sound very fun honestly.

Either way.

Learn how to program and start coding :)

this is just a game idea. also just wondering what dont you like about it and im also going into game design schools when i get out of high school. this is what id want to make.

Also Update!

I think a good name for this game is "Dead Universe"

Dommm
21-Aug-2006, 10:11 AM
Like the idea from what I understand of it, but I think you should give it a first person or third person view makeing it more interactive. Also every five minutes to go to the bathroom or eat would get annoying why not make it every half an hour giving the in game time ratio of 10 of real time = 30 mins game time. And also this game would become immense in proportions the amount of villages, cities that you would have to pass through. also AI interfaces wopuld be hard to manage as time goes on there would be less and less survivors. Also you would have to factor in the less savioury types surviving murderers, rapists, theives, phsycos, etc... how would you write them in. there are some ideas and possible pitfalls. You dont need to go into games schools just look into coding and graphics design, its a project that would take you by yourself years to complete and you may have to recode it for another next gen machine by the time you are finished, so get started and have fun with it.

just as a added note, with the turning into zombies what mythos would you want to follow 3days turn around or not. Also you could look at medication to slow down the process much like in dawn.

Bubdotd
21-Aug-2006, 06:14 PM
Like the idea from what I understand of it, but I think you should give it a first person or third person view makeing it more interactive. Also every five minutes to go to the bathroom or eat would get annoying why not make it every half an hour giving the in game time ratio of 10 of real time = 30 mins game time. And also this game would become immense in proportions the amount of villages, cities that you would have to pass through. also AI interfaces wopuld be hard to manage as time goes on there would be less and less survivors. Also you would have to factor in the less savioury types surviving murderers, rapists, theives, phsycos, etc... how would you write them in. there are some ideas and possible pitfalls. You dont need to go into games schools just look into coding and graphics design, its a project that would take you by yourself years to complete and you may have to recode it for another next gen machine by the time you are finished, so get started and have fun with it.

just as a added note, with the turning into zombies what mythos would you want to follow 3days turn around or not. Also you could look at medication to slow down the process much like in dawn.

about the every 5 mins to eat and stuff i dont think people will play this game hours at a time... people would have to play this for hours. but i like your idea that was mine at first.

Also thank you for the idea about slowing the process.

i would need help with codeing and such i dont know.wouldent i need help? or could i do it my self?

I also need more ideas too id like to hear from the fans them selves you know?
--------------------------
Also i just came up with a good idea when you get bit the bite mark stays there when your human and when u turn as a zombie. the efection will look worse over time till you change. i guess morphine will like pause the infection for like 15 mins then after that it keeps going at its own speed unless you do it again. but i guess id have to limit the morphine to like 8 in a map or so.

small map is like dawn mall level or the silo level or lets see.. the farm level with the graveyard in it.

large maps can be like a city ill have a real size hospital with like 3 floors and 2 basement floors then have a gun shop in the city. a police station posibly and a liqour store. id also have like ware houses in the map.Zombies all over the streets and maybe 10-30 zombies in the buildings you need to clear it out before holding up in there. you will be able to get in all the buildings with no load screens.if i have too maybe load screens would be good.

then i could make like a naborhood level with random houses everywere and maybe a gas station thrown in there or liqor stores lol gun store?

Also i think vehicles may be good like in the dawn mall level (if im aloud to add it in there) have that car in there and for large city maps have like a bus people can ride in for transportation.

i can see it now tho 8 people in a big map with like 500 or more zombies in the map you all spawn in different buildings and your looking for ea other to hold up some were. very intense and you start with nothing. at spawn points il add a melee weapon tho just to be fair like if u spawn in a warehouse you may see a crowbar or w/e.

i think that the bathroom/food meter will be slower in single player but a bit faster online. i would play this game everyday if i made this id update it like all the time alot of downloadable content and such. for the consoles Xbox360,Ps3 and PC i just dont see that this game would work on Wii honestly.

just some more ideas.

people just keep giving ideas for this and i will try to learn how to code and do grafics desine.

Also if anyone can help me out please tell me what kind of books cd's and stuff ill need to learn. i really want to make this game and maybe others.

Neil
21-Aug-2006, 07:11 PM
For a laugh check out...

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/cgi/forum/forum.pl?f=v

I quickly worked out, that there are just fundamental problems... I'm now working on a more single player 3D orientated offering...

DrSiN
21-Aug-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm a game play programmer at one of the top game studios in the US and several of us have discussed different versions of your game for a long time. Sometimes with Sims elements, sometimes RTS elements but believe me, the idea isn’t unique. That’s not to say it’s not good. I think a game where setting up a shelter and trying to survive could be fun. Btw.. Dead Rising has a mode that is similar to this.

But a couple of points / suggest.

1. Don’t bother submitting it to a developer as we can’t accept ideas from outside like that and it won’t ever be looked at. There are plenty of legal reasons behind this so it’s always the case. You can submit it to a publisher, but as a rule, they won’t look at game ideas that do not have a vertical slice as a preview. Established development houses on rare occasions, get a deal on just an idea. But they are few and far between.

2. Zombie games, typically, do not do well. They fair better on a console platform but in the end, Zombies are a very niche market. I’m really curious to see how well Dead Rising is doing because as a zombie fan.. I want to see more zombie games.

3. Don’t go to school for “game design”. There are very few “true designers” in the industry. Almost everyone has a dual role (programmer, artist, ld). Find a specialty that appeals to you and follow that path.

5. Begin by working on mods for existing games.

and…

6. This may seem harsh at first, but it’s important. Work on your grammar/sentence structure! Your original post was very hard to read. Believe it or not, communication (verbal and written) is extremely important for someone looking to work on the actual design of a game. At least 20% of your time is spent interfacing with different people (artists, other coders, etc) or writing documentation.

And I speak from experience. My English is Teh Suck! Because of that I do not write/post anything outside of using Word to spell/grammar check it.

That being said, good luck! There is a great post in our forums by a bunch of people here with tips on how to get in to the industry.

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=451

Dommm
22-Aug-2006, 09:53 AM
Also I just want to add that I think its great that you want to try this dont give up at the first few hurdles, keep digging at it I am sure you will get there.

Also look at alternative methods of programming and alternate tools maybe even try and look at different game engines that you can use to help you develop, ie.. quake doom etc...

Maybe develop one of your own for example I have heard of a group of game programmers that are looking to use sql databases in there game engine designs, to store goods stats etc...