PDA

View Full Version : A thought that could have possibly added to Dawn '04

Maitreya
21-Aug-2006, 07:28 PM
Ok... I'm still relatively new here, so I don't know if this has been discussed, but to me it seems like something that George would add in himself, had he been involved in the project.

Ok, say they were deadset on having running zombies and convinced him on it? Ok, cool, what would have been a good idea is to have them slow down eventually after a few weeks when they've decayed a little bit. This would add a little something, because the guys in the mall would get a little cocky and foolish once they discovered this and eventually die anyways, and follow a little closer to GAR's idea that more often than not only people doing something really stupid get bitten.

They also should have brought back the biker raid... And Peter (As Samuel L. Jackson).

Brubaker
23-Aug-2006, 09:46 PM
Ok... I'm still relatively new here, so I don't know if this has been discussed, but to me it seems like something that George would add in himself, had he been involved in the project.

Ok, say they were deadset on having running zombies and convinced him on it? Ok, cool, what would have been a good idea is to have them slow down eventually after a few weeks when they've decayed a little bit. This would add a little something, because the guys in the mall would get a little cocky and foolish once they discovered this and eventually die anyways, and follow a little closer to GAR's idea that more often than not only people doing something really stupid get bitten.

They also should have brought back the biker raid... And Peter (As Samuel L. Jackson).

Stick them in a school with dead zombie children. A whole bunch of them! Find a love interest for Roger, to help lower the level of unbridled testosterone he had. Have the end credits finish with a soundbite of Peter screaming, implying a bitter, off-screen death. Then show him up and walking as a zombie 2 days later headed for the same mall from the first movie to eat up a group of survivors.

Whew..........that was all purely in jest.

jim102016
23-Aug-2006, 11:51 PM
The biggest thing that I noticed with the remake of Dawn of the Dead was the lack of a helicopter! (Of course, I hated the running zombies just like everyone else too!)
I first saw Dawn in the early 80s, and I love helicopters because of it. The idea of survivors flying around viewing the ever-increasing carnage from a unique birds-eye view was one of the best aspects of the movie. He did it again in Day 85’, but it was even creepier as the movie had a darker tone to it than Dawn. The Dawn Remake missed out on tapping into a great resource…they could have worked it any variety of different ways. Instead, all we see is the mall dwellers spot a military bird from the roof top of the mall one afternoon.

With LOTD, I can’t say that I wasn’t disappointed with GAR for not continuing the tradition…it would have been outstanding to use them in some way…perhaps for supply runs, perimeter security, law enforcement (did they even have any real law in that dictatorship?) or even some sort of VIP transport (i.e. Koffman and his henchmen). But, as the movie is set in the time after Day, perhaps there were no helicopters salvageable or pilots available. I know I wouldn’t get my ass into a helicopter that’d been rotting away for 3 years!

I have read some outstanding stories about helicopters crashing amid the carnage caused the living dead phenomenon, but to my knowledge, nothing has been filmed. Can you imagine an alternate beginning in one of GAR movies where the stars crashed and had to claw their way back to safety? John, Sarah, Miguel, and McDermott suddenly having engine trouble while checking out that city in the beginning of Day of the Dead? What if the biker raid in the original Dawn had some how damaged the helicopter on the roof of the mall? Maybe we’ll be “pleasantly” surprised with the coming remake of Day or the next GAR installment. Maybe.

Dommm
24-Aug-2006, 02:20 PM
Maybe we’ll be “pleasantly” surprised with the coming remake of Day or the next GAR installment. Maybe.

mmm.. the only remake so far that I havnt been totally dissapointed in was the savinin remake in 90 of night

bassman
24-Aug-2006, 04:54 PM
mmm.. the only remake so far that I havnt been totally dissapointed in was the savinin remake in 90 of night

I agree with ya, there.

And the thing that I would have liked to have been added to Dawn04 was another writer and director. Gunn and Snyder obviously didn't understand the original film at all(personal opinion).

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 07:01 AM
I have read some outstanding stories about helicopters crashing amid the carnage caused the living dead phenomenon, but to my knowledge, nothing has been filmed. Can you imagine an alternate beginning in one of GAR movies where the stars crashed and had to claw their way back to safety? John, Sarah, Miguel, and McDermott suddenly having engine trouble while checking out that city in the beginning of Day of the Dead? What if the biker raid in the original Dawn had some how damaged the helicopter on the roof of the mall? Maybe we’ll be “pleasantly” surprised with the coming remake of Day or the next GAR installment. Maybe.

Now that's something to think about. they would have had no way to get of the roof of the mall once the zombies came upstairs. it's interesting to note however that as soon as the biker threat was iminent their first impulse was to protect all the ing they didn't need anyway instead of taking a defensive position.