PDA

View Full Version : Company of Heros demo...

Neil
24-Aug-2006, 03:10 PM
...nice graphics...nice idea... shame about the game?

Didn't really seem all that tactical?

MinionZombie
25-Aug-2006, 09:26 PM
What sort of game is it? FPS or like Command & Conquer?

Saw some pics online, looked nice from those pics.

I've just downloaded the demo of "Just Cause", which is touted as "what if FarCry and GTA had a baby?" ... looks interesting, hopefully it'll run well on my pootah, and of course, hopefully it'll be a decent game.

Neil
26-Aug-2006, 08:58 PM
It's a RTS... Just seems a but point and click to me...

"Just Cause" was fun.... But not overly impressed again!

MinionZombie
26-Aug-2006, 11:27 PM
Aye, I played the Just Cause demo today (only managed 2 of the 4 marks - got up to the retarded chopper bit). The controls are hideously non user friendly, and the laaaaaaaaaag when you command the game to do anything, geez!

A nice idea, but not well executed, and trying to pick out enemies is hard as nails to do, they seem far too small to pick off effectively, like cocktail sticks, rather than proper proportions in the right perspective (does that make any sense at all?)

Yeah, good idea, looked nice in the screenshots, but not well put together so it killed the fun of it all...I often find bad controls is something that will turn me off a game, there's a margin for some error (e.g. SWAT 4 felt a bit stiff, but the game itself was just so superb that it didn't matter), but Just Cause farted it right out the window.