PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see high tension?

Tied2thetracks
26-Aug-2006, 06:27 AM
It came highly reccomended from a trusted source. I'll be checking it out tomorrow.

zombiegirl
26-Aug-2006, 12:05 PM
I saw this when it first came to DVD. I really enjoyed this movie until the ending. The ending really disappointed me.

MinionZombie
26-Aug-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah I got the DVD for my birthday this year. After having seen Aja's good work on the Hills Have Eyes remake (a good flick actually, I own the DVD ... of both too), anyway, having seen Hills06, I got High Tension (aka Switchblade Romance - a title which makes a lot more sense after you've seen the whole flick) and I have to say I really liked it, I thought it was excellent.

Quite something as it's a French horror film, and generally speaking, the French don't "do" horror films, in fact their history in the genre could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

I really dug this flick, just sit back and enjoy. I got the unrated version, and it's great stuff, some good gore moments too - watch out for the chest of drawers! :elol:

Purge
26-Aug-2006, 12:45 PM
One of the better rentals I've had recently. A 3 out of 5.

axlish
26-Aug-2006, 02:11 PM
The best Slasher film since Scream. Dark, brooding and full of tension.

MinionZombie
26-Aug-2006, 11:09 PM
Best slasher since Scream? :stunned:

Dude...*slaps Axlish*

Now, I'll appreciate that Scream was a considerable cultural moment and did something new with a tired out genre (1990s slashers basically suck completely), but ... dude...:gossip:Axlish has gone all MTV:gossip: :lol:

High Tension goes back to slasher roots, but makes something fresh with them. I guess that's what comes when you take a French director making a French slasher flick (which basically, don't exist)...a great flick. I'm looking forward to seeing what Aja puts out next (hopefully still horror).

Chakobsa
26-Aug-2006, 11:49 PM
Not that good really, though it had it's moments; jeers to the sideboard, cheers to the stihl saw!!:evil: .
My favourite French language film has to be "Man Bites Dog" aka "C'est arrive pres de chez vous". Watch that instead, it's more violent, scary and thought provoking than a lot of the stuff out there and a damned sight funnier too.:evil:

HLS
27-Aug-2006, 03:25 AM
I loved it. i thought it was origional, well made and a great scary flick! And thank you for bringing it up i forgot the name of the movie and trying to remember was driving me nuts!

Heidi

axlish
27-Aug-2006, 02:16 PM
Best slasher since Scream? :stunned:

Dude...*slaps Axlish*

Now, I'll appreciate that Scream was a considerable cultural moment and did something new with a tired out genre

Correct, it did.

(1990s slashers basically suck completely), but ... dude...:gossip:Axlish has gone all MTV:gossip: :lol:

Yes, 90's slashers do suck, except for Scream, which was the first 90's origin slasher. A very creative film, the Halloween sequence towards the end was worth the price of admission.

High Tension goes back to slasher roots, but makes something fresh with them.

Which is exactly what Scream did.

slickwilly13
31-Jan-2007, 07:08 PM
Saw it last week. Not bad. I would like to check out the unrated version and see what was taken out.

Tied2thetracks
31-Jan-2007, 08:56 PM
I loved it. i thought it was origional, well made and a great scary flick! And thank you for bringing it up i forgot the name of the movie and trying to remember was driving me nuts!

Heidi

If I ever want another movie review from you I'll make sure I post it 6 months before I plan on watching the film.

How far back did you dig for that one?

MinionZombie
31-Jan-2007, 09:30 PM
You do realise it was slickwilly who resurrected this thread right? HLS posted in response the day after your thread-originating post. :sneaky:

jdog
31-Jan-2007, 09:39 PM
its a good flick with good gore and an original story. what eles can you ask for.

slickwilly13
31-Jan-2007, 09:54 PM
Is it just me or did Alex have big horse teeth? Short hair chick was cute in a lez way.

Tied2thetracks
31-Jan-2007, 09:55 PM
You do realise it was slickwilly who resurrected this thread right? HLS posted in response the day after your thread-originating post. :sneaky:

No I did not. I niw reapply that same comment to him.

After watching the movie I thought it was OK. The severed head BJ sceen makes no sense, but it had some cool parts. I give it a 1.8 out of 4.

slickwilly13
31-Jan-2007, 10:01 PM
Didn't have to dig far. I remembered it being discussed a while back, so I enter High Tension in the search and pulled it up in a matter of seconds. Besides, I didn't watch the movie, until just last week. It was on cable. I haven't seen all of it, though.

capncnut
01-Feb-2007, 12:47 AM
The movie was okay. Phillipe Nahon has been in many great movies. "Seul Contre Tous" and "Irreversible" being two of them.

My favourite French language film has to be "Man Bites Dog" aka "C'est arrive pres de chez vous".

My best French movie has to be "Amelie", great film.

DVW5150
01-Feb-2007, 12:38 PM
Yes , saw it last year ... pretty good . I like it when women kick a$$ ...

HLS
01-Feb-2007, 04:41 PM
It came highly reccomended from a trusted source. I'll be checking it out tomorrow.

I just loved the movie. I thought it was very origional. It was all a suprise to me.
I liked the ending.