PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers From Day Remake!

sirjacktorrance
26-Aug-2006, 11:07 AM
today in BD:

from the stark sands blog:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7093

MinionZombie
26-Aug-2006, 11:40 AM
Yet more reasons why this 'movie' will suck the perverbial fat one...

"The film is a typical zombie movie-- virus infects town, people start biting each other, virus spreads by the bites, and a handful of survivors try to make it out of town alive. In this one, the military is brought in to enforce a quarantine on the small town of Leadville, CO, because of the mysterious virus. Once they realize the virus eventually makes people start ravenously attacking each other, it's too late... EXCEPT for a few."

Gee, this sounds original, like we haven't seen the BEGINNING OF AN OUTBREAK a bajillion times before!!!

"The principal characters are Sarah Cross (Mena Suvari)-- a tough young army corporal; Salazar (Nick Cannon)-- a sharp tongued army badass; Bud Crain (me)-- a freshly scrubbed young private seeing his first real action; their Captain Rhodes (Ving Rhames); and Sarah's younger brother and his girlfriend (Michael Welch & Annalynne McCord)."

Speaks for itself, "tough, young", "sharp tongued", nooby soldiers and *sigh* standard young kids in love junk, no doubt we'll see them shagging each other at some point for obligatory tits and arse.

"I have a fantastic part in this one. I am a nervous, vegetarian private who is sweet on Mena's character from the beginning. I've never seen combat before, but as soon as people start changing I get to kick some serious zombie ass. About halfway through the film, I am bitten on the wrist, and after pouring bleach on the wound in an attempt to clean it, Mena handcuffs me to the backseat of the Hummer we are traveling in, in case I change. When she and Nick return from the gun store they are looting, I have become a zombie, but they notice that I'm not trying to eat them (I have the distinction of being the first ever vegetarian zombie), so they keep me around. I also seem to retain some of my former self, so if I start to wander off they just bark some military orders at me (Atten-HUT, about-FACE, etc) and I do a zombie version of the order. Without giving too much away, I end up saving the day at the end of the film."

A vege-f*ckin'-tarian ZOMBIE, you have GOT to be f*ckin' kiddin' me, letting him roam free? He immediately doesn't go about attacking his "friends", oh my gawd. Looting a gun store? I thought this was a military operation?

"I'm off to go watch the original Day of the Dead up in my room now, so I can see what exactly we are re-making."

Speaks for itself, hasn't even seen what they're remaking...ridiculous.

If what this chump is saying is true, then this movie will guaranteed 100% be a pile of steaming turd, even if he's lying, it's still going to be utter garbage, guaranteed.

Cykotic
26-Aug-2006, 11:52 AM
f*** me.... it sounds so... crap!

EvilNed
26-Aug-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm just hoping this isn't true. The vegetarian zombie sounds like something Roger Corman would use.

slickwilly13
26-Aug-2006, 01:30 PM
That's all we need is people making or starring in a movie who don't know jack sh!t about the original.

Wahsleety
26-Aug-2006, 02:05 PM
I just threw up into my mouth a little bit.

Mikey
26-Aug-2006, 06:01 PM
I agree with most of the posts, as DAY of the DEAD was my favorite of the trilogy for a long, long time (it is soooo claustrophobic with the same loneliness DAWN had).

Still, I'm willing to give it a shot. There may be at least some character development in the DAY remake, as there was virtually NONE in the DAWN remake (except for CJ's character).

jim102016
26-Aug-2006, 07:50 PM
You have to be ****ing kidding me! Paris Hilton's brother here sure took a **** in my coffee this morning with his generation Z' posting. It sure is hard to have any faith left with descriptions coming back like that. I'll bet this damned fool has never even seen an original. Zombies following army drill and ceremony? Vegetarian zombies? Who the hell wrote this politically correct script? Are the dead going to file discrimination suits for not getting enough to eat? Where's the equal opportunity employment office for the recently deceased??!! BOOHOO!

Now I'm really confused why they're filming in Bulgaria. I thought it would be filmed underground ...but how are they going to accurately duplicate a Colorado in the middle Eastern Europe? Anyone ever been there? I have, and it sure didn't look like Colorado!

Ok, this optimist has come completely unglued....I'm going to Walmart for some rat poison. Maybe I'll kick some puppies and drown some kittens along the way.

Trancelikestate
26-Aug-2006, 09:41 PM
You have to be ****ing kidding me! Paris Hilton's brother here sure took a **** in my coffee this morning with his generation Z' posting. It sure is hard to have any faith left with descriptions coming back like that. I'll bet this damned fool has never even seen an original. Zombies following army drill and ceremony? Vegetarian zombies? Who the hell wrote this politically correct script? Are the dead going to file discrimination suits for not getting enough to eat? Where's the equal opportunity employment office for the recently deceased??!! BOOHOO!

Now I'm really confused why they're filming in Bulgaria. I thought it would be filmed underground ...but how are they going to accurately duplicate a Colorado in the middle Eastern Europe? Anyone ever been there? I have, and it sure didn't look like Colorado!

Ok, this optimist has come completely unglued....I'm going to Walmart for some rat poison. Maybe I'll kick some puppies and drown some kittens along the way.haha! yeah well guess what everybody? i live 30 minutes away from leadville colorado and i can tell you one thing for sure, leadville is leadville. it def aint bulgaria! as for the descriptions here i personally think weve seen the first real competiton for day of the dead: contagium. yeah i think it sounds that bad! :(:(:( but your right, i'll be right there standing in line with you all.

MinionZombie
26-Aug-2006, 11:14 PM
Erm, I certainly will not be there opening night, no pissing way am I ever going to spend ANY money on this pile of monkey farm sh*te. I'll download it so I can see how friggin' atrocious it's going to be, but guaranteed, 100%, this film WILL suck copious amounts of uncut donky dong.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Aug-2006, 11:42 PM
A Vegan zombie... WTF?

It's official this film will be crap

Svengoolie
26-Aug-2006, 11:48 PM
I know. A vegetarian zombie. Sheesh...

What's next? They'll be able to think, reason, and communicate?:barf: :D

DjfunkmasterG
27-Aug-2006, 12:26 AM
I know. A vegetarian zombie. Sheesh...

What's next? They'll be able to think, reason, and communicate?:barf: :D

Been done already

zombiegirl
27-Aug-2006, 01:29 AM
Is it just me or wasn't there a veggie zombie in the fan fiction here? I know it's been a year or more since I read the story but I'm pretty sure his name was Fido. It was an enjoyable story.

Concerning the movie, being as it's from some of the same people responsible for Craptagium, I seriously have my doubts that it will be even mildly entertaining.

eight ace
27-Aug-2006, 10:02 AM
My gut feeling is that "Stark" is taking the piss and is simply trying to stir up the online fanboys.

I ****ing hope so anyway.

bassman
27-Aug-2006, 01:39 PM
Soooo....I'm guessing the vegetarian zombie that responds to orders is supposed to be the new Bub? Gosh.....people loving sh*tting on Romero's work.:mad:

Any word on how fast the dead will be? Shamblers or Track Athletes?

DjfunkmasterG
27-Aug-2006, 01:43 PM
IN response to ZG's post there is a movie coming out titled FIDO about a zombie... he's not a vegan, but it seems like a pretty funny comedy. I read the synopsis over at horrormovies.ca a few months ago and it has Carrie Ann Moss, and Billy Connelly who is playing the zombie.

zombiegirl
27-Aug-2006, 05:43 PM
I have heard about that movie DJ but it's not what I'm referring too. Thanks though. :)

It took some doing after everything I've read in fan fiction but I did find the story. It's by Rob Marganbesser and is number 8 in his body snatchers series. The zombies name is Fido who is a vegan. Check it out.

MikePizzoff
27-Aug-2006, 06:56 PM
****IN HELL!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bubdotd
28-Aug-2006, 12:32 AM
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Damn... some one clean this up please...:D

MinionZombie
28-Aug-2006, 11:08 AM
*attention all shoppers ... massive vomitous spill in the Day of the Remake aisle* :lol:

AssassinFromHell
28-Aug-2006, 11:59 AM
What the Jesus tap dancing Christ!?!?!

The guy hasn't even seen the original! I knew we'd see those characters in this film. And all these kiddies probably haven't either

My face, at this very moment, literally is...:eek:

dmbfanintn
28-Aug-2006, 02:43 PM
A Vegan zombie... WTF?

It's official this film will be crap

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.........

rikimaru
28-Aug-2006, 07:12 PM
at least there wont be lengthy debates about how good the movie is after we all pay our good money walk out halfway through and its in the 10 dollar bin all before three months we can buy it not watch it and laught at it when we happen to see it on our shelf.

Bunker65
28-Aug-2006, 07:18 PM
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Damn... some one clean this up please...:D

Bub pretty much summed up my feelings on this, what I'm sure will be, heaping pile of crap :|.

I think I'll add some more for effect:

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Danny
28-Aug-2006, 11:00 PM
*sigh*...oh good lord.... it gets worse and worse i think this may be worse than contagium.

there i said it.

oh and as for ving (****ing) rhames ehs the friggin anti-burce cambell:lol: bruce and jhon west need to double team this son of a bitch back to the medievil period :lol:

as for vegan zombies :barf: barf like a bad guy in river city ransom!

Rolfus
31-Aug-2006, 09:28 AM
How would you know if a zombie was a vegan or not? Would he be found not munching on someones arm but on a lettuce wtf?

Trencher
31-Aug-2006, 10:00 AM
Carrots.... Carrots!

AssassinFromHell
31-Aug-2006, 02:02 PM
Carrots.... Carrots!

Gee, maybe after he chews on his carrots he'll turn his head, look at his map, and say "Hmm, I must have made a wrong turn at Albuquerque." :eek:

p2501
31-Aug-2006, 04:47 PM
IN response to ZG's post there is a movie coming out titled FIDO about a zombie... he's not a vegan, but it seems like a pretty funny comedy. I read the synopsis over at horrormovies.ca a few months ago and it has Carrie Ann Moss, and Billy Connelly who is playing the zombie.

to cover this and some other stuff.

there is a fiction peice over in the the fiction section (bodysnatchers: Fido) that deals with this. it's actually pretty good.

In regards to DJ's comment hopefully the guy the wrote it, sold the story to whoever is making the film, otherwise the copyright laysuit will be epic.

as for everything else, this movie is going to suck.

Brubaker
31-Aug-2006, 11:09 PM
Gee, maybe after he chews on his carrots he'll turn his head, look at his map, and say "Hmm, I must have made a wrong turn at Albuquerque." :eek:

They can call him Bunnicula and the survivors can spend their days riding out the zombie outbreak over at Howliday Inn.

zombieparanoia
01-Sep-2006, 12:00 AM
Man I really hope the new "bub" is written to be "the loving zombie" too, that would be awesome, maybe he could sacrifice himself to save the living people in the group and save the day at the end.

Danny
01-Sep-2006, 12:44 AM
Man I really hope the new "bub" is written to be "the loving zombie" too, that would be awesome, maybe he could sacrifice himself to save the living people in the group and save the day at the end.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

erisi236
03-Sep-2006, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't get TO hot and bothered by this as it sounds like complete and total bull****. It's like this guy is writing EVERYTHING that could possibly piss off a fan of zombie movies in general and GAR movies in particular.

Me being "Skeptical" of this would be an understatement. :rockbrow:

rikimaru
03-Sep-2006, 09:00 PM
i dont see how that idea could ever entice an audiance with even a quarter of a brain.... i am seriously questioning if i will even pay to see the movie at all. Im all for giving movies a chance but vegan zombie's saving the world makes me want to pull out my eyes with a spoon....yeeshh.

MagicMoonMonkey
03-Sep-2006, 11:26 PM
:(
:confused:

I really wish writers and directors would stop trying to create something new and absurd to bring to the genre when they make a zombie movie these days. Why do they feel the need to do this? 10 out of 10 times, their idea is just a big pile of steaming poo.

I was looking forward to Day07, as I had hoped it was going to be something close to the original script (perhaps featuring the running variety of dead things), but now I know I am going to be bitterly disappointed.

Fingers crossed the spoiler/review thingy is just a hoax... Please let it be a hoax.

I suppose I shouldn't be whining as a crappy zombie movie is better than no zombie movie.

Oh by the way... Hello again everyone. My old forum Screen name was WILDEE.

Blair
04-Sep-2006, 03:23 AM
A virus infects a town turning people into homicidal 'zombie' maniacs and the military is sent in to contain it. Yep it sounds like a remake of Romero's The Crazies more than Day of the Dead. Also, this film sounds very lame. A vegetarian zombie? Is this the best re-imaging of Bub the famed screen-writer of the Final Destination films can come up with? What happened to the apocolyptic vision of the original?

Danny
04-Sep-2006, 03:55 AM
im just pissed simon pegg isnt playing bub he would have been the ****!:cool:

Adrenochrome
04-Sep-2006, 07:11 PM
Oh wow. THAT would be a reason to see this thing!!!

Fulcifan91
04-Sep-2006, 07:40 PM

That is a great idea, i agree hellsing and adreno

edit: 100th post, whoo hooo! triple digits! :)

Brubaker
06-Sep-2006, 12:06 AM
Oh wow. THAT would be a reason to see this thing!!!

It would be a cop-out. It'd be the sort of thing you'd expect. Sort of like making a baseball film and casting Kevin Costner or shooting a sci-fi tv show and giving Scott Bakula a phone call. He was lucky Romero let him have a small cameo in Land.

jim102016
06-Sep-2006, 04:26 PM
Someone tell me why the hell they would go all the way to Romania or Bulgaria or where ever to film a movie about the United States Army containing an outbreak of the living dead in a Colorado town? Just how are they going to duplicate it? Wouldn't a person with common sense think that it would be cheaper to go to Canada or some location cheaper than Hollywood (how about some small town in Colorado?) to film? Although not on a "Water World" budge, this sure isn't an independent, penny-counting project, so they have some money...so the gerbils running on the wheel in my head have shi* out their last peanut and are close to blowing an O' ring on this topic. It makes no sense to me....why didn't they just go to poorest part of Africa and duplicate Washington, DC???!!! Apparently, Hollywood thinks they're comparable too!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably drink a bottle of bourbon laced with cocaine before I see this in the theater...but I'll surely end up with the same impression that I did after I drank the 'new' formula Coke came out with in the 80s....this is *hit and I like the old one better!