PDA

View Full Version : damn windows movie maker

ngm231
29-Aug-2006, 05:24 PM
my buddy just lent me hi copy of windows movie maker to download, everything was going fine until it said you can only install this on a windows xp, i hate having a 2000:mad:

Danny
29-Aug-2006, 08:53 PM
movie maker is really meant to be called "AMV maker":bored:

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2006, 09:10 PM
Download the trial for Sony VEGAS

Danny
30-Aug-2006, 01:47 AM
http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/products/vegasfamily.asp

who comes up with these names?...:rolleyes:

placebo
04-Sep-2006, 02:05 AM
Do it for real, get a Mac and use Final Cut!

Windows Movie Maker is a toy app.

If you're serious, buy an iMac and get Final Cut Express.

If your film ever did make it to production, it would most likely be edited on a PowerMac/Mac Pro using Final Cut Pro.
An iMac with Final Cut Express is just a scaled down version of the real thing!

DVW5150
29-Nov-2006, 03:37 PM
I have edited and finished about 15 videos on it .it was very resistant to completing tasks . It is a piece of t*rd waiting to be flushed ... I shouldve bought a mac ...:mad:

Danny
30-Nov-2006, 05:48 AM
yeah and it takes friggin ages too, i downloaded mz's my nightmare off putfile, cus my pc wont let me watch streaming wm vids online and it was in 4 parts so i added them all back together, so i could watch it as on thing y'know, so i paste them all back into a correct storyline...i hope otherwise it'll be some really ****ty "danny smith cut" of it:lol: and then i click to save it as a wma file and it took a friggin hour and a half and the video was like 18 minutes or something.

and yeah if i dont get a nintendo wii im gonna get a mac off ebay instead ive seen em on there for like £200.

MinionZombie
30-Nov-2006, 11:20 AM
lol, you could have just selected all the files and right clicked, then click "play" and all the files would come up in order in WMPlayer and play in sequence. :) Also, the titles of the files should show which comes where, unless putfile changes the names, I duno.

Windows Movie Maker ... ug ... I barely ever, ever, ever use it. Only very occasionally to edit a WMV file. I mainly use Pinnacle, which is fairly unstable and not too 'in depth', but when you know how to work with it, then it's quick and simple and allows me to cut things together quite quickly.

I'm slowly getting into Vegas 7.0, it's just a matter of taking off my lazy suit and putting on the pro-active jacket...:D