PDA

View Full Version : chat issues

HLS
31-Aug-2006, 03:15 AM
It is not a big deal but its annoying. Chat asks me to log on even though i am logged on here. it does not always do this but just 25% of the time. i have to re-enter my id and password. is this a glitch?

creepntom
31-Aug-2006, 04:35 AM
this chat client blows goats

you need an irc one, anything better than the POS that's there now

it slows stuff down way too much, you can't even surf while you chat

please fix this, or at least let me link to an irc room on the whatnet server til this thing gets fixed or replaced

Andy
31-Aug-2006, 11:41 PM
It is not a big deal but its annoying. Chat asks me to log on even though i am logged on here. it does not always do this but just 25% of the time. i have to re-enter my id and password. is this a glitch?
Ive upgraded the chat software to the next version, this should solve some of your problems, i will be keeping an eye out for future updates :)

TheWalkingDude
07-Sep-2006, 05:21 PM
Not trying to complain or anything but chat still lags sometimes. You can type and hit enter on something and it takes about a min to load to the room. Doesnt all the time but once in awhile it does.

HLS
21-Sep-2006, 11:37 PM
I still have the problem I am signed in here but the chat room "log in" comes up in a black box with a white background and the box is solid black and i can not even try to log in even if i wanted to. lol I still get this and it really pisses me off. It does not happen as often but I also notice it lags just like the wallking dude says and everything else slows down with my other web surfing. grrrr:mad:

kortick
14-Oct-2006, 02:18 AM
i just wish more of you would come in and chat
more often

we get the same people in there on a regular basis

it would be cool if you guys came on in more

i mean what good is a chat if we dont use it?

Debbieangel
15-Oct-2006, 06:13 PM
Hey, how are we gonna get to know each other if we dont go in to chat?
There wasnt anyone in chat last night! Its there for everyone to enjoy!
I have got the scoop on some good zombie movies and also some zd movies to stay away from like "Contagium."
So, come to chat!
If I am not there PM me!

MinionZombie
15-Oct-2006, 06:20 PM
I remember back in the day (I'm talking late 1990s) there used to be a forum chat on the first sunday of every month (maybe it was every sunday, but I think it was just the first of each month). It was quite an event back then, loads of us would sign on and chit-the-chat ... but that was quite some time ago, long before Loom even - back on DiscussionApp HPOTD, geez, makes me feel like such an old timer ... but in a good way. :) :fuzzy nostalgia feeling smiley:

capncnut
15-Oct-2006, 07:55 PM
I tried to chat with someone a little while ago when I first joined and it kept screwing up so I've stayed away from it.

Neil
15-Oct-2006, 08:03 PM
I tried to chat with someone a little while ago when I first joined and it kept screwing up so I've stayed away from it.

That's he spirit...

i just wish more of you would come in and chat
more often

we get the same people in there on a regular basis

it would be cool if you guys came on in more

i mean what good is a chat if we dont use it?

One of my outstanding jobs is to make it more obvious when someone is in the chat room. A nice clear message right across the top of the forum that one or more people are in the chat room.

Adrenochrome
17-Oct-2006, 04:26 AM
I've had wonderful chats.....then, again, I've popped in.....next thing you know you're watching a henpeck. The typical childish gossip.....oh well.

capncnut
19-Oct-2006, 03:48 AM
I've had a few issues with the amount of time it takes to get your messages on-screen. Other than that, the chat seems fine to me.