PDA

View Full Version : Fake Blood

ngm231
03-Sep-2006, 02:53 AM
cheap fake blood recipes:
Add a few drops of red food colouring to the cheapest washing up liquid you can find. Add a drop of blue colouring or some coffee concentrate to create a more realistic colour. Produces a runny blood that has a slight tendency to foam. Great for those bucket of blood effects on the cheap. Washes off reasonably well but tastes foul if you accidently get it in your mouth.

Clear Corn Syrup

Red Food Coloring

Milk - Optional

However much fake blood is how much corn syrup you'll need. Pour it into a bowl and mix in some red food coloring. Add some blue if you like. Adding a small amount of milk will make the blood appear darker and thicker.

Danny
03-Sep-2006, 03:14 AM
ive allways used ketchup, red syrup water and a little pva glue;)

MinionZombie
03-Sep-2006, 03:28 PM
I use a bottle of green washing up liquid, and half a bottle of red food dye - that's it, costs about £3 - £4, I've used it in three of my films thus far, works quite well for people who are on the incredibly tight budget of £0, like me, haha!

Just don't shake the bottle or add water! Unless you're making a comedy, ha!

EvilBread
03-Sep-2006, 05:53 PM
If you are shooting in black and white, use chocolate sauce. Worked perfectly when I used and Hitchock used it in his features. :D

Danny
04-Sep-2006, 03:36 AM
only thing i dont like is if you get teh consistnecy wrong or something then it dries like paint on the skin and looks uber fake.:mad:

Mister Chrome
04-Sep-2006, 09:59 AM
Go for the bulk recipe:
1.) Make a gallon of Karo syrup using 2 jugs (64 oz. each) - 1 being the light and 1 being the dark syrup.
2.) Add 8 fl. oz. of red food coloring. Mix together slowly.
3.) For each application, right before you are ready to use it, mix in 1/4 cup of Ketchup. This will add a texture to the blood that looks good for splatter.

OR...

Use real blood...it looks and tastes better.

Simply stop by your local butcher and ask for a gallon of blood.

Easy as that.

http://www.tvhams.com/dnr/zombiehead.gif
http://www.tvhams.com/dnr/dripblood.gif

placebo
06-Sep-2006, 10:47 AM
What exactly is washing up liquid? Just liquid soap?

UK terminology is always interesting.

Corn syrup always seemed a bit thick for blood.

Simple syrup (just sugar and water heated to desired thickness) combined with purple temporary hair coloring works well when combined with some slight color correction in post.

I'm a minimalist when doing blood work, I've always thought the whole "bucket o' blood" effect to be a terrible cliche.

MinionZombie
06-Sep-2006, 11:00 AM
Washing up liquid is liquid, for doing the washing up.

You clean your dirty dishes with it - when doing the dishes by hand that is. If you're just sticking them in the dish washer machine, then you use washing powder.

Washing up liquid has a pretty good blood effect (once the red dye is added), runs quite well, isn't too thick but itsn't too thin either, gotta keep it fresh though, looks best when fresh.

placebo
06-Sep-2006, 12:01 PM
Ever notice how real blood actually looks kind of black?

Giger
06-Sep-2006, 08:06 PM
Real blood looks so fake.

Danny
07-Sep-2006, 12:16 AM
i know thats why i dont kill nieghbourhood cats to get my fake blood:lol: