PDA

View Full Version : Strange techniques??

placebo
06-Sep-2006, 12:15 PM
Anyone got some really strange techniques to share?

For instance:
When blocking a scene where several zombies are shambling about and involves some semi-closeups, and you aren't real confident in the talent at hand, I had a brainstorm to keep doing the scene over and over to the point where the talent becomes very un-enthusiastic about it, almost annoyed (because zombies aren't very enthused when not chasing prey).
Another would be to deprive the talent of sleep and food leading up to the shot, or go that extra distance and feed them over the counter sleep-aid.

In relation to locations if you're ambitious enough to be using miniatures, take a hi-rez still of the location to be repro'd and enlarge it to poster size.
Hang it above your bed and stare at it alot while going to sleep, then again when you wake.
Concentrate on what each element resembles and why, with a little luck and imagination, you'll come up with some interesting ways to recreate the locale.

Danny
07-Sep-2006, 12:01 AM
normally i try to be a little more random than the typical upper torso shots i guess i get that from danny boyles films but i wanna try my hand at the static camera thing from silent hill that was cool:D