PDA

View Full Version : Spreading rep?

MikePizzoff
07-Sep-2006, 06:27 PM
How many people do you have to spread rep to before being able to give it to another person? I just tried giving Andreno some rep and it told me to spread it out... but he's not even in the last 10 people I gave rep to.

Andy
07-Sep-2006, 06:28 PM
20 people

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/faq.php?faq=repone_item#faq_limits_item

MikePizzoff
08-Sep-2006, 12:20 AM
20 people

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/faq.php?faq=repone_item#faq_limits_item

Crap, sorry. Thanks!

Danny
08-Sep-2006, 02:10 AM
really i thought it was only like 7 or something way smaller.

Adrenochrome
08-Sep-2006, 02:19 AM
really i thought it was only like 7 or something way smaller.

it was, until a couple of people started whining and screaming that there was some sort of conspiracy against them. Apparently, the ole rep system really ruins some peoples' lives.:rolleyes:

Arcades057
09-Sep-2006, 12:53 AM
:rolleyes: Still can't drop it, can you?

Danny
09-Sep-2006, 04:53 AM
it was, until a couple of people started whining and screaming that there was some sort of conspiracy against them. Apparently, the ole rep system really ruins some peoples' lives.:rolleyes:

i get the green gems but the rep number doesnt alter the way i think people do, some like coin return have lower than me, but that doesnt mean i contribute more, i usually get rep for jokes and sarcy comments more than actual contribution yet those who contribute more than me have less, wierd.

Adrenochrome
09-Sep-2006, 12:35 PM
i get the green gems but the rep number doesnt alter the way i think people do, some like coin return have lower than me, but that doesnt mean i contribute more, i usually get rep for jokes and sarcy comments more than actual contribution yet those who contribute more than me have less, wierd.

mine vary....take this one from yesterday, for instance -
it's a neg rep from the "I am legend....*groan* thread - "Way to contribute." is the comment and all I said was "I'm still trying to figure out how he made it out of the MTV scene and into Hollywood." This would be considered a "misuse" according to the rules, but, whatever.
I have several neg reps from idiots like that, I think it's funny.
I don't really get what the "gems" are for.
I'd rather read posts and reply than whine about all this rep mess. It's getting rediculous. This is a GAR appreciation forum, for Gosh sakes, not a popularity contest.:rolleyes: Oh well....

Svengoolie
09-Sep-2006, 03:22 PM
mine vary....take this one from yesterday, for instance -
it's a neg rep from the "I am legend....*groan* thread - "Way to contribute." is the comment and all I said was "I'm still trying to figure out how he made it out of the MTV scene and into Hollywood." This would be considered a "misuse" according to the rules, but, whatever.
I have several neg reps from idiots like that, I think it's funny.
I don't really get what the "gems" are for.
I'd rather read posts and reply than whine about all this rep mess. It's getting rediculous. This is a GAR appreciation forum, for Gosh sakes, not a popularity contest. Oh well....

Actually, I wouldn't consider that a "misuse" at all--it accurately reflects not only the pointlessness behind that particular post, but your entire contribution to this forum as a whole.

MinionZombie
09-Sep-2006, 05:10 PM
I'll remind the two of you again, but in this particular instance Sven, can the sh*t.

LoSTBoY
10-Sep-2006, 12:51 AM
*Sniggers behind his hand like a little school boy*

Andy
10-Sep-2006, 12:52 AM
question answered, topic closed.