PDA

View Full Version : Another rep thingy...

MinionZombie
11-Mar-2006, 09:35 PM
Okay, so I've checked my User CP and I've got 8 rep votes (cool intut, thanks folks) ... but the old rep number on my post stats (to the left) is still at 1, even thought Andy said he changed the barriers...levels (whatever) to 5 and then whatever and whatever and whatever...just wondering if there's something broken or I duno...:confused:

Andy
12-Mar-2006, 01:16 AM
ok i think ive fixed this. your gonna have to bear with me as ive not worked with the rep system before :p

your rep power is the one that changes quickly, and the little green (or red) gems build up over time.

your rep power represents how many points you give out with each comment and your rep score is how many points you have.

your rep power is based on

How long you been registered? (your rep power increases every 30 days since you registered)
Your Postcount (Your rep power increases for every 100 posts you make)
Your Rep Score (for every 10 points you receive, your power increases by 1 and for every 10 negative point you receive, your power decreases)

right ive spent a long time fixing this so i know it works now, alot of you will of noticed your rep power has shot up becuase ive changed the variables.

but i must stress the difference between rep power and rep score.

power is the ammount of points you give to another member when you give them rep.

score is your rep mark, its how you stand in the community.

Your score is known only to you, you can see it when go in your user CP and view comments, its just above those. the green gems are a representation of your score which are publically viewable, and the first increase up to 2 gems comes at 100 points.

Your power is publically known, its your influence on other members when you give reputation. for example, if your power is 5, and you give someone positive reputation, their score increases by 5 points, if you give them negative reputation their score decreases by 5 points.
so go and look how far you are off in your user cp's now ;)

MinionZombie
12-Mar-2006, 09:31 AM
Good work ... but I'm a moron and still kinda confused, lol. So I've got Power @ 13 and 2 green "gems" (?) ... err ... freakin' sweet. :cool:

Andy
12-Mar-2006, 09:51 AM
your rep score right now is 108. thats how many points you have yourself. its that that determines the green gems.

your rep power (13) is how many points you now give to someone when you give them rep.

power and score are completely seperate.

MinionZombie
12-Mar-2006, 10:34 AM
Okay, lemme see if I've got this right ... if I give someone a possitive rep, I'm giving them 13 points towards their green gems, and if you do it then you're giving 50 towards whoever's green gems, correct?

But giving someone positive rep also boosts their "Rep Power" too...

Damn this thing is strangely complicated :p

Andy
12-Mar-2006, 10:45 AM
correct :)

i dont think its as complicated as it is just new and no-one being used to it.

erisi236
13-Mar-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm an old man, new things frighten me! :confused:

I think I'm the only one the reps people as well. :cool:

EvilNed
28-Apr-2006, 08:46 PM
I think I'm getting the hang of this. But I didn't realize you could give other people reps, I only thought the mods did. But that would explain some of the comments I got.

"Good repz 4 u"? Didn't really sound like the admin slammed me with that rep power comment! :)

Andy
28-Apr-2006, 09:13 PM
2 different systems get confused sometimes, maybe your thinking of the warning system? only mods and admins can give you warning points, anyone can give you rep points :p

EvilNed
28-Apr-2006, 09:24 PM
I didn't confuse it with the warning system, but I thought worked the same way, really. I had no idea how the repz system worked before I entered this thread, so before this I had just assumed that's how it worked. :) Makes sense now, tho.

mista_mo
29-Apr-2006, 06:55 PM
Okay this thing makes sense to me now as well...I think..but why the hell am I in the red for my bar....jeez, must be the only member here like that :) I feel so proud

Philly_SWAT
30-Apr-2006, 02:09 AM
When Andy gives rep he gives you 50 rep points?

You know what, Andy is the greatest human being in the history of the world! :)

Andy
30-Apr-2006, 09:07 AM
When Andy gives rep he gives you 50 rep points?

You know what, Andy is the greatest human being in the history of the world! :)
so does neil :p

and as soon as any member gets a rep power of 50, both of ours go up to 100.

ahhh i love admin rep :D

MinionZombie
30-Apr-2006, 11:23 AM
So that'll be thanks to me most likely then ... Neil, Andy - I expect my free holiday and case of Budweiser in the mail upon delivery of your new rep :cool:

Danny
30-Apr-2006, 11:35 AM
hey ive got one more rep than erisi236!, bong!:D

Andy
01-May-2006, 09:18 PM
So that'll be thanks to me most likely then ... Neil, Andy - I expect my free holiday and case of Budweiser in the mail upon delivery of your new rep :cool:

ive give you rep on two posts, and now we're both happy :)

MinionZombie
01-May-2006, 09:51 PM
lol, you impatient loon :D

I was looking forward to going past your 50 rep ... until you burst my bubble with that 100-rep thingy, the high performance of your members reflects on you guys...hmmm...*rubs hands sneakily*...there's an evil genius plan in there somewhere ... :elol:

erisi236
02-May-2006, 03:15 PM
heh, so at 51 power that means you could put me over to 2 gems with one good rep right? :D

mista_mo
02-May-2006, 03:34 PM
Yea...hey Minion...you know I love you man...

call me... ;)

EvilNed
04-May-2006, 04:37 PM
So what do silver gems mean?

MinionZombie
04-May-2006, 06:41 PM
Well, you have silver stars - in your case you have two silver stars under your "just been bitten". Gems are the square ones under "Member". If a "gem" is grey then the user is an 'unknown quantity', a stranger essentially. The more green gems you get then the more "known" you are, that's how I'd explain it anyway.

I'd imagine the stars go gold once you reach Zombie Flesh Eater status, which is a big achievement.

Danny
04-May-2006, 06:52 PM
Gems are the square ones under "Member".

im sorry MZ but i couldnt help but giggle like a school girl at that.:lol:

MinionZombie
04-May-2006, 07:04 PM
Damnit, now I'm a "school girl" ... cos you made me giggle at that ... *uhuh-huh-huh-huh* I said "member" :D

Andy
04-May-2006, 07:06 PM
Well, you have silver stars - in your case you have two silver stars under your "just been bitten". Gems are the square ones under "Member". If a "gem" is grey then the user is an 'unknown quantity', a stranger essentially. The more green gems you get then the more "known" you are, that's how I'd explain it anyway.

I'd imagine the stars go gold once you reach Zombie Flesh Eater status, which is a big achievement.

all correct apart from the last bit, the gold stars represent a member of staff (moderator or admin) where silver stars represent a member.

and you nearly sounded like you knew what you was talking about MZ :p

MinionZombie
04-May-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey I know exactly what I'm on about ... most of the time ... sometimes ... well ... guess I got confused with fading memories (almost wrote "mammories", ha!) of the Loom forum's gold stars.

So even at ZFE status the stars are grey? Dang.

Danny
04-May-2006, 07:11 PM
(almost wrote "mammories", ha.

uh-huhuhuhuhuhuh, shut up beavis!:lol:

MinionZombie
04-May-2006, 07:22 PM
*back hands you across the face*

"Shut up dillhole, it's my turn to score!" :lol:

Danny
04-May-2006, 07:24 PM
"get out of the cock pit!"

"huhuhhuh, you said c-woooah!":lol:

erisi236
05-May-2006, 02:06 PM
When reaching Zombie Fleash Eater your stars should turn Red :cool:

I'm just saying :D

Andy
05-May-2006, 02:13 PM

i'll discuss it with neil, its easy now so i dont see any reason why not.

by the way you guys do know zombie flesh eater status comes at 8000 posts now?..

im just saying :p

erisi236
05-May-2006, 02:30 PM
i'll discuss it with neil, its easy now so i dont see any reason why not.

by the way you guys do know zombie flesh eater status comes at 8000 posts now?..

im just saying :p

I do remember hearing that on the shout box :)

I expect to get there in about 6 years I belive, this site better still be around by then :D

Danny
05-May-2006, 04:06 PM

that'd be cool, i dont really dig those eyeballs and pentagrams on the zombienation forum.

MinionZombie
07-May-2006, 01:02 PM
*sigh*

6,975 to go...

Then I'll be all-powerful, a Super-Zombie-Flesh-Eating-Moderator, muahahahaaaaaa!!! :elol:

That gif in your sig still makes me chuckle, what a dafty.

Danny
07-May-2006, 04:19 PM
mmm nothing like a good refreshing glass of fire to wake you up in the mornin':lol:

DjfunkmasterG
10-May-2006, 06:06 PM
I noticed next to each comment for reputation received, is a green gem. However, I also have a silver gem as well next too 3 or 4 comments. What to those silver gems mean?

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 06:12 PM
I noticed next to each comment for reputation received, is a green gem. However, I also have a silver gem as well next too 3 or 4 comments. What to those silver gems mean?
I think the silver thingy is from people that don't have reps and are trying to give reps.

Danny
10-May-2006, 07:03 PM
and red ones are when youve ****ed someone off.

mista_mo
11-May-2006, 06:09 PM
dude, what the hell is that green thing in your sig...I friggin want one...

yea, red ones are for people you've agitated..heh, I was red for a bit..

Andy
12-May-2006, 12:43 PM
silver gems are from people whose rep power is 0 (who has never received rep themselves, been here less than 30 days and not yet made 10 posts)

so although they've left you a comment, they dont have enough power to influence your score either way.

Danny
13-May-2006, 03:40 AM
dude, what the hell is that green thing in your sig...I friggin want one...

ive had about half a dozen PM's about 'the green thing' and i dont know what it is or where it came from, its a mystery all right,lol.