PDA

View Full Version : BEST ZOMBIE FILM - DEADLANDS: The Rising

DjfunkmasterG
13-Sep-2006, 01:26 AM
The folks at Fright Night Horror Fest has awarded DEADLANDS: The Rising BEST ZOMBIE FILM!

Congrats to the cast & crew! :D

http://frightnightfilmfest.com/winners.html

LouCipherr
13-Sep-2006, 01:31 AM
motherf*ckin' WOOHOO!! :lol:

Hopefully one of many more. Color me happy! :D

LC

livingdeadboy
13-Sep-2006, 01:34 AM
just want to be the first to say

C O N G R A D S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Wahsleety
13-Sep-2006, 02:02 AM
Awesome!

DjfunkmasterG
13-Sep-2006, 02:07 AM
Thanks guys...

There were a total of 40 films screened, and of the 40 14 were zombie films. So out of 14 Zombie films we were named best. A total of 86 films were submitted to the festival, and they are going to continue the BEST ZOMBIE FILM at every festival they have over the years.

The best part, this was the first year for the festival, and I am the winner of the first ever BEST ZOMBIE FILM award they ever issued. So that is a great honor.

What really pleases me, out of the 13 festivals I entered, Fright Night was the first to screen the film, because the other festivals aren't until October. What's even cooler is we won our first time out.

FVCKIN' A

Fulcifan91
13-Sep-2006, 03:34 AM
This is awesome, conrats! Any word at all from any other of the festivals?

Maitreya
13-Sep-2006, 07:10 AM
That's really cool, the more I hear about it the more I want to see it. **** those guys on IMDB that say it's gonna suck.

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2006, 09:50 AM
*claps heartily*

Well done chaps! Jolly good show! :thumbsup:

DjfunkmasterG
13-Sep-2006, 11:04 AM
The film will screen at a few more festivals, but I haven't received the screening dates yet. I am still waiting to hear what day we will screen.

Bunker65
13-Sep-2006, 12:16 PM
That's excellent news DJ :cool:. Congratulations to you & everyone involved in Deadlands http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1356.gif. Cheers http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/143.gif.

Now I'm even more excited to be getting my copy of Deadlands that I was lucky enough to win on HPOTD http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/167.gif.

LouCipherr
13-Sep-2006, 12:48 PM
That's really cool, the more I hear about it the more I want to see it. **** those guys on IMDB that say it's gonna suck.

There's people on IMDB talking about Deadlands? Our Deadlands? That's weird, we aren't even listed on IMDB yet....? I know there's some schmucks on another website that have been talking trash about the film without even seeing it, but that's a personal thing and has nothing to do with the movie itself. This ought to make 'em do a double-take. :elol: Where's the damn middle-finger chat smiley when I need it?!? :lol:

Regardless, this makes all of us very happy. This validates the 14 months of impossibly hard work trying to pull a movie out of our asses with extremely limited funds. :D

Major props to the cast & crew.

This still has me grinning this morning. I found out about it last night and I still can't stop smiling. :lol:

Maitreya
13-Sep-2006, 06:43 PM
Yea... It's on the contagium board no less..

http://imdb.com/title/tt0411269/board/nest/40538142#50419467

DjfunkmasterG
13-Sep-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah, the jackass bringing up the film is one of the guys from Z-N. A website I have been in a 2 year flame war with. Literally 2 years until recently things have calmed down a bit, but it is just one can of pork-N-beans and a match away from igniting again.

EvilBread
13-Sep-2006, 07:16 PM
Nothing like jealous people who have to try and belittle other people who have gone out and done it. One of the reasons I hate the imdb forums.

Congratulations on the award, hopefully it is one of many. As for smiling still, lap it up dude as you have no idea how long it will be until you feel this good again :D :D

LouCipherr
13-Sep-2006, 07:21 PM
Gee, one of the bozos on ZN posting flaming comments about Deadlands in the Contagium board on IMDB? Before even seeing it? Boy, that's a surprise isn't it. :rolleyes: :lol:

Well, our first award should make 'em sh*t their pants, although I'm sure they'll just say "well...... the rest of the movies must've sucked!" or "that must've been the only zombie movie there!" Well, bite me. :lol:

Y'know what I have to say to that? :moon:

Literally 2 years until recently things have calmed down a bit, but it is just one can of pork-N-beans and a match away from igniting again.

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE GET DJ A GODDAMN MATCH! :D

LC

Neil
13-Sep-2006, 09:36 PM
Nice!

bassman
13-Sep-2006, 09:39 PM
Congratulations, fellas. Sounds really nice.

chukrok
14-Sep-2006, 03:01 AM
Good work, gents! (and ladies).

DjfunkmasterG
15-Sep-2006, 05:35 PM
It was excellent work all around. I am so proud of everyone. I really am. On a side note an Austrailian company has asked for a screener to consider possible release of the film in Austrailia. I cannot say which company at the moment, but if they like the film... DEADLANDS will be on an official DVD in austrailia. So lets start crossing our fingers.

MinionZombie
15-Sep-2006, 10:49 PM
Two thumbs fresh to all those involved :thumbsup:, f*ck the haters in the ass, right up their stoopid wazoos ... I think the movie looks freakin' sweet and I know full well how damn hard and draining it is to make a film. Obviously haven't just yet experienced something on the level of Deadlands (but I'm beginning the script process on a project intended for such a similar level for next year) ... but yep, a hearty congrats on the award and completion and all the gravy dripping all over it. :cool:

Cody
15-Sep-2006, 11:04 PM
cant wait to see this movie <3

jdog
16-Sep-2006, 08:17 AM
congrats DJ. i cant wait to see this movie it looks fu##ing awsome man.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Sep-2006, 01:13 AM
Thanks dude.

Not much longer everyone. Only 32 days until the release as of 09/21/06.