PDA

View Full Version : Dead Live 2 resumed filming:

Dawg
14-Sep-2006, 05:55 PM
After a hiatus of 2-3 months, Dead Live 2 resumed filming last night for several hours.

I need to take the footage from last time and last night's footage and import it onto my hard drive before I can post some new pictures, maybe in a day or so.

Next scheduled shoot will be this coming Sunday. I was suppose to film last night's footage last Sunday, but I didn't realize that the paint ball gun canister needed to be filled prior. (I thought it was sold full!) I got it filled around Monday, placed it in a plastic bag in the trunk of my car and went to Wal-Mart. On the way home, just passing the place I filled it, me and my wife heard a loud escape of gas, almost like an explosion! I thought someone behind us got hit by a car and the car was going to hit us. Pulling into my local YMCA, I checked the trunk and the canister's pressure got the best of it and the gas escaped, freezing the outside of it. (It must have gotten like 130 degrees in the trunk for this to happen!)

I took it back and the guy had to thaw out the nozzle because it was froze up and refilled it. So for a $2.00 fill initially, it cost me $5.00 for a second refill and the extra $1.00 to unthaw it! (Cheap b@$t@rd!)

Then last night, I was going to shoot an actor with it as if it were a regular gunshot. Unfortuately, the paint balls were not red, but more pinkish/purple. But we did apply red food coloring between shots. He thought it was going to really hurt, especially from about 10 feet away or less. I got my old bulletproof vest out and then he said it didn't hurt at all.

Dangerous stuff I know, don't try this at home kiddies! Leave it to the professionals and the insane like us, hehe!

-Dawg

DjfunkmasterG
14-Sep-2006, 08:00 PM
Congrats getting things underway again.

Did you find it hard to come back from such a long hiatus? I know i did on DEADLANDS.

LouCipherr
14-Sep-2006, 10:05 PM
yeah, it wasn't easy that's for sure. A hiatus is cool, but sometimes it can bite you in the ass and people don't wanna come back. :lol:

Good to hear you've started up again!

Dawg
16-Sep-2006, 02:08 PM
No, it wasn't difficult to get the first guy back, nor I don't think it will be for a couple of others who already did some parts. Now understand, there are still roles that haven't been filmed yet and I already got some new people for a role I initially thought someone else would do.

I think it was harder for me, because you have to really get into the mood, get off your @$$ and get excited about it again. I was really anxious, that was for damn sure.

Now that I resumed it though, I am excited about the next day of shooting, the next scene around the corner.

I am even looking ahead to another sequel and completely different movies in the horror genre, not zombie related.

All I know is, for my third film, I better have a freaking crew to assist me, because for one guy to do everything is a great pain in the @$$, thats for sure! Right now how it stands, I am:

Director,
Producer,
Editor,
SFX,
Make-up,
Costumes,
Lighting,
Cameraman,
Director of Photography,
Soundman,
Actor,
etc,
etc,
etc....

Pain in the @$$!

At least I actually have other people to play other roles! Imagine doing all the parts! Sort of like Patrick Stewart did on stage, Christmas Carol or something?

:dead: Dawg

DjfunkmasterG
16-Sep-2006, 03:55 PM
I feel you dude.

Most times when we shot DEADLANDS it was me the DP, and the actors. Thats it. Sometimes it was just me and the actors, or it was me and Lou, doing minor stuff. Literally shooting stuff left & right.

So I know what your going through. However, can I make one suggestion for your sequel. Please don't rely so much on the heavy metal soundtrack. It really distracts the viewer from the film. Some people may like it, but not all zombie fans are heavy metal fans either.

Dawg
17-Sep-2006, 10:09 PM
I feel you dude.

Most times when we shot DEADLANDS it was me the DP, and the actors. Thats it. Sometimes it was just me and the actors, or it was me and Lou, doing minor stuff. Literally shooting stuff left & right.

So I know what your going through. However, can I make one suggestion for your sequel. Please don't rely so much on the heavy metal soundtrack. It really distracts the viewer from the film. Some people may like it, but not all zombie fans are heavy metal fans either.

I hear yeah. Don't worry though, I already thought about this before and I have a few contacts with some dark music, instrumental and the like. Should fit nicely.

:dead: -Dawg