PDA

View Full Version : Clarification.

Angry312
15-Sep-2006, 10:44 AM
My question was not answered.
It was phrased, and intended, in the most polite fashion possible, posted in the correct fashion and meant to be heard and responded to.

It was not.

My question, again:
What steps are necessary to make a case of potential rules breach/ToU abuse worth investigating?

To qualify it in plainer terms --
What do I, as a user, need to do to prove my case has merit [and subsequentially, endeavor it as a case worth checking in on], in terms of an abuse of the forum's options?

I feel my question either fell on deaf ears or was not properly posted.

I would appreciate your insights, moderators, as it is your function in this thread and (by my understanding of your positions) to inform me of my inquiry's basic failure or merit, based off of information available.

Thank you for your time, consideration and patience.

.Angry312.

Kaos
15-Sep-2006, 12:21 PM
My question was not answered.

What do I, as a user, need to do to prove my case has merit [and subsequentially, endeavor it as a case worth checking in on], in terms of an abuse of the forum's options?

.Angry312.

It is really relative and contextual. It depends on the evidence you provide, the nature of the infraction, and any possible history that may have preceded the infraction. Just like in real life, evidence is what evidence is. Show us what you have. In the case of a forum, it is usually a post or sequence of posts that you think represents your issue. From there it is up to the moderator to decide what to do. The usual order of business is for mods and admins is to discuss specific complaints or infractions as well as the specific outcomes in the mod forum. This can happen before or after the mod has made an on the spot decision. For example, things like posting info about illegal distribution of copyrighted material are nixed immediately as this is a violation of our license agreement if we left it up. When there is a question Neil's opinion weighs heavier than all mods and admins followed by Andy who is the other Admin. However, Neil is inclined many times to defer to Andy's judgment.

The appropriate means to report an infraction as a user are in the Report This Post button which is attached to every post or via PM to an Admin or Mod.

If you have a problem with a specific mod, as a user you should try PMing that mod. If you are uncomfortable doing so or have found that approach fruitless then you need to take your case to Andy and/or Neil.

In either the case of a member who reports an infraction or if you are a member who has been deemed to have broken the rules the issue will be settled to their satisfaction. There are no further appeals of any type left if they do not decide your way.

This is the most clear explanation of the process as I have seen it. There is no answer as to what evidence is good enough to prove your case. Just like in court, you bring what you got (evidence, testimony, your reasoning) and the judge and/or jury has to make a decision. This answer applies to any rule on the FAQ.

The official answer to your question has been answered, and as such the topic is closed.