PDA

View Full Version : Need help remembering a title in the fiction section

Chakobsa
16-Sep-2006, 06:43 AM
A while back I read a really good story in the fiction section about a guy who works as a machinist/engineer making things for the scattered communities that form in an undead world.
It was a really good story but I can't for the life of me remember what the damn thing is called. Can anyone help?

Eyebiter
17-Sep-2006, 08:44 AM
You need to add in more details to identify the story.

Dommm
18-Sep-2006, 01:38 PM
Isn't that the one where a female survivor comes in and he teaches her to do the machine work as well, ends off with her not picking the good looking soldier as the machinest expected

Chakobsa
19-Sep-2006, 10:56 PM
Isn't that the one where a female survivor comes in and he teaches her to do the machine work as well, ends off with her not picking the good looking soldier as the machinest expected
That's the one. It's bugging the hell out of me 'cause I really liked the story and can't for the life of me remember it's name.

Wooley
20-Sep-2006, 06:55 AM
If you can still search by author, do a search for "Tom Martin". The story you are describing sounds very similar to one he wrote, and I'm almost certain that he's the author you are looking for. But I don't remember the title either, so an author search, if that option still exists, would bring up all of his stories and you could search from there.

Chakobsa
21-Sep-2006, 10:07 PM
If you can still search by author, do a search for "Tom Martin". The story you are describing sounds very similar to one he wrote, and I'm almost certain that he's the author you are looking for. But I don't remember the title either, so an author search, if that option still exists, would bring up all of his stories and you could search from there.
I've had a look and I don't think it's one of his,:) thanks for the help though.
BTW, Wooley; "Not that room, NOT THAT ROOM!!":D

Jonathan
24-Sep-2006, 01:04 AM
I think you mean "Safety" and I don't think it's still posted.

Chakobsa
25-Sep-2006, 09:50 PM
I think you mean "Safety" and I don't think it's still posted.
Sad, to say I think you're right. I can't find it.
Thanks for the help, guys.:)

Neil
26-Sep-2006, 11:26 AM

Wooley is right, but unfortunately that contribution is "disabled", due to the author requesting it...

deadpunk
26-Sep-2006, 08:28 PM
He's pretty easy to get ahold of though, and he LOOOOOOOOOVES to talk about his fiction with 'fans'. PM me and I will give you his email addy.

Jonathan
26-Sep-2006, 11:34 PM
Tom Martin was GrimStories right?

Wooley
27-Sep-2006, 07:03 AM
Tom Martin was GrimStories right?

You are correct sir.

Neil
27-Sep-2006, 07:51 AM
He's pretty easy to get ahold of though, and he LOOOOOOOOOVES to talk about his fiction with 'fans'. PM me and I will give you his email addy.

Shame his stuff isn't still available because it was well written etc!