PDA

View Full Version : Favorite game system of all time?

tju1973
12-Mar-2006, 05:27 PM
Going through the garage this weekend and weeding out extra crap-- I am at the point that I need to get rid of several unplayed game systems. I have made up my mind to keep 1 Atari VCS (In box, played twice) plus one each of every game (about 250), 1 Intellivision (great condition-- 40 games and overlays. My Saturn- 15 games-- and my Dreamcast- about 30 games. Coming to that, I forgot how much I loved the little white DC-- Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic RPG...

Short lived as it was, it was a great machine...

:(

MinionZombie
12-Mar-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm putting my two cents in for the Sega Mega Drive 2 (Genesis for you Yanks), I got one back in 1993 and it was my first foray into games. There were some classic titles for that and I spent many hours sat in front of it blasting away.

That was my one and only console trip, ever since getting our first PC I've been into PC gaming. But if I came into some money I'd probably be quite tempted to get an Xbox360 for PGR3 and Dead Rising...and Halo 3.

axlish
12-Mar-2006, 07:04 PM
I've got to give the nod to the Nintendo Entertainment System. An honorary mention goes to the Playstation.

jdog
12-Mar-2006, 08:05 PM
big fan of the original nintendo system and still play it from time to time.
also used to love my sega genesis (probabley spent at least a whole year of my early teens on it) and almost cried when my little cusion spilt a drink on it and fried it.

Craig
12-Mar-2006, 08:09 PM
My first console was the Sega Mega Drive, I still love it dearly. I'll probably say the PS2 is my favourite, so many awesome games as well as the awesome games I had for my PS1.

I really do want an XBox 360 for Dead Rising though.

AssassinFromHell
12-Mar-2006, 11:05 PM
Super Nintendo takes the cake, in my opinion. What can beat the system that has "Super Mario World" and "Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past"?

tju1973
13-Mar-2006, 12:02 AM
Oddessey 2- 15 or so games, 2 systems.
Arcadia 2001 (I think)- 10 games-
Atari VCS (2600)- about 200 or so games, about 8 or 9 systems.
Intellivision- 50 or so games, 3 systems.
Atari 5200- 6 or 7 games
Atari 400/800-games, 1 each 400 and 800
TI99- 15-16 games- 3 systems.
NES- 25 -30 games, 2 systems.
Super NES - 15 games- 2 systems.
N64- 10 games.
Genesis w/cd and 32x- 30 games
Atari Jaguar- 5 games
3do- 5 games
Atari Lynx- 5 games
Sega Saturn- 10 games, 2 systems
Sega Master System- 15 games, 3 systems
Turbo Grafix- 4 games.
PS1 -13 -14 ganes, 2 systems.
Sega Dreamcast -- hmm like about 30 games
Ps2- 6 games
Xbox- 50-51 games, 2 systems.
Game Boy- 12 games
Gameboy Advance/SP- 13 games, 1 ea Advc & SP
but loads of Plug & Play --Jakks,Intellivision,Coleco, etc.

I have never finished my catalogging on IGN, but I am around $11k-- and not everything from the above list is on it--

My wife is going to kill me for my treasure...I need help, but want the stuff to go to a good home for a fair price...

:(

MikePizzoff
13-Mar-2006, 05:07 AM
Of course NES, Genesis, Sega CD (only because I loved being able to control a movie, how most of the games were), and Super NES. Dreamcast really had potential, it's a shame it went down the tubes.

erisi236
13-Mar-2006, 02:18 PM
of all time? I guess I'd have to go with the SNES, with the Dreamcast being a close second :)

bassman
13-Mar-2006, 02:41 PM
NES and SNES.

Tri0xin
13-Mar-2006, 06:54 PM
Contra - NES
Night Trap - Sega CD
Ground Zero Texas - Sega CD
Corpse Killer - Sega CD
Resident Evil director's cut - PS
Zombies Ate My Neighbors - SNES
Mortal Kombat - SNES
Mortal Kombat II - SNES
Resident Evil 4 - PS II
Ninja - PS

Let's see then, my favorite systems are NES, SNES, Sega CD & PS

DeadJonas190
13-Mar-2006, 09:47 PM
SNES. It is the best system ever released. What qualifies it as the best system ever release? I would say that almost every game on it was a good game not to mention is has three of my favorite games of all time for it (Chrono Trigger and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Super Metroid). Sure it had a few bad games on it, it had about 8 good games for every bad game and the current systems it seems reversed. For those reasons the SNES is my absolute favorite game system of all time.

I would love to say the PS2 is my second favorite system, but I have had so many problems with my PS2 that the problems far outweigh all the great games on the system. If you want to know about the problems PM me and I will be happy to type the 110 pages of problems I have had with it.

CoinReturn
14-Mar-2006, 03:44 AM
SNES or Dreamcast. So many classic games for each system.

Exatreides
14-Mar-2006, 06:29 PM
Sega Saturn

Nights into dreams
Panzer Dragoon series
Clockwork nights..

ahh so many memories

but then to my DC and then to a PS1

Cody
14-Mar-2006, 09:33 PM
Super Nintendo by far, although Nintendo was my first. You can download all these games to your computer with a emulator that romnation.net (http://www.romnation.net) also provides.

idsaluteyoubub
14-Mar-2006, 10:46 PM
Being a RPG fan, I am going to have to say that the SNES was my favorite system of all time...and right on its coat tails is the PS1. Final Fantasy 3 is my favorite game of all time, and other great games like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia, and so many others made the SNES incredible. PS1 has my the two great Suikoden games, 1 and 2. Plus Final Fantasy 7...just great stuff on both systems. Not to mention my favorite controllers on both systems.

I guess I could say that PS2 would beat out PS1 since it is backwards compatible, but I think that would be cheating a little bit:D

Danny
15-Mar-2006, 01:37 AM
dreamcast ,simple as.