PDA

View Full Version : DAWN 04 trailers

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2006, 10:48 PM
You can still check them out online, and the official wesbite still has tons of content on it. Including the flash game BLACKOUT.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/dawnofthedead/index.html

Was just at the LAND site and nothing works over there... not even loot & shoot works anymore.

Andy
18-Sep-2006, 11:20 PM
I Always wondered if this scene had been re-filmed specifically for the trailer. if you look at the zombie girl, she's no wear near as gory as she is in the full movie and dosn't have the mouth wounds or anything...

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/images/andy/dawngirl.gif

From the Trailer Version..

http://www.dvd.net.au/movies/d/11008-1.jpg

From the Full Movie...

see what i mean? it dosn't even look like the same girl..

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2006, 11:27 PM
I think they digitally fixed her face cause when you watch the trailer the face distorts a bit.

Adrenochrome
18-Sep-2006, 11:28 PM
I think they digitally fixed her face cause when you watch the trailer the face distorts a bit.

on the extras, don't they show the FX guys fitting the girls face with the prosthetics? (from memory)

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2006, 11:32 PM
on the extras, don't they show the FX guys fitting the girls face with the prosthetics? (from memory)

They do, but when she enters the bedroom in the full movie you don't see her face that well, then they cut into close-up. However, in the wide shot her face is still messed up and like I said if you watch the trailer you can see her face distort which would tell me it was digitally altered.

Also, watch the teaser. Sarah Polley's shirt is covered in a brownish oil like substance, in the movie it is blood. The wonder of digital intermediate.

Adrenochrome
18-Sep-2006, 11:34 PM
They do, but when she enters the bedroom in the full movie you don't see her face that well, then they cut into close-up. However, in the wide shot her face is still messed up and like I said if you watch the trailer you can see her face distort which would tell me it was digitally altered.

Also, watch the teaser. Sarah Polley's shirt is covered in a brownish oil like substance, in the movie it is blood. The wonder of digital intermediate.

ahh, ok, now I get what you meant.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sarah Polley...........and her foot scene...mmmmmmmmmmm:p

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2006, 11:38 PM
ahh, ok, now I get what you meant.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sarah Polley...........and her foot scene...mmmmmmmmmmm:p

Zack has a foot fetish. Much like Tarantino does. I think Tarantino has a bigger fetish though. he loves to show feet.

Oh yeah, BTW this is lucky post # 2000 for me! :D

livingdeadboy
22-Sep-2006, 01:38 AM

The wonder of trailers, in 99% of the cases you can't show red blood in trailers, let alone gore of any kind...this obviously does not apply to the indie film community, however when the studio and the mpaa get a hold of it..bam! Unless of course you are in the U.K., Japan, or Canada where everything is shown in the trailers.

Take a look at the Kill Bill volume one trailer, her yellow track suit is covered in brown.

Giger
24-Sep-2006, 08:49 PM
Not knowing about other country's, but here in america trailers have their own kind of ratings. It depends on what venue you see it in. If you see a pg-13 movie, an R rated trailer will be on a green background and it will be cut diffrerently as well. If you see the trailer in an R rated movie, the trailer will be on a red background. With that, I agree with DJ in that the girls face was probably digitally altered to allow the trailers in pg-13 movies and on television commercials.

Maitreya
28-Sep-2006, 07:11 PM
You can still check them out online, and the official wesbite still has tons of content on it. Including the flash game BLACKOUT.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/dawnofthedead/index.html

Was just at the LAND site and nothing works over there... not even loot & shoot works anymore.

Haha, yea... Playing Blackout consequentially is what brought me here to HPotD...

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 06:49 AM
I Always wondered if this scene had been re-filmed specifically for the trailer. if you look at the zombie girl, she's no wear near as gory as she is in the full movie and dosn't have the mouth wounds or anything...

From the Full Movie...

yeah, she looks like one of the ghouls from the original night. Just some white foundation and that's it. And is it me or is that girl smirking?

MissJacksonCA
23-Aug-2007, 07:34 PM
I thought the trailer for DAWN04 were the best of the trailors i've ever seen for a zombie flick... I remember when 28 days later came out and I had no idea wtf it was about... so I never went to see it at the theater... or the sequel ... unfortunately the trailer for Dawn04 had the only really GREAT moments from the movie... damnit all to hell...

fartpants
26-Aug-2007, 08:26 PM
dont mean to start any arguments, but i really loved Dawn04...

MissJacksonCA
26-Aug-2007, 11:06 PM
I second that...

DjfunkmasterG
26-Aug-2007, 11:48 PM
I third it. DAWN 04 rocked. I still think it is 10 times better than Land of the Dead, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original 3 dead films.

MissJacksonCA
26-Aug-2007, 11:52 PM
Please... Zombie 3 is better than land of the dead...

MontagMOI
27-Aug-2007, 04:07 PM
Fair enough, as slong as you accept that Nightmare City is better than Snyder's pop video.
Running zombies...Bwah-HaHaaaaaaaaaa. Weak.

MissJacksonCA
27-Aug-2007, 11:00 PM
The shamblers just looked kinda clownish though perhaps the more realistic style of zombie... at the very least at least it made sense in 28 days later for the zombies to run... that being that they were enraged whatever...

clanglee
28-Aug-2007, 12:58 AM
Fair enough, as slong as you accept that Nightmare City is better than Snyder's pop video.
Running zombies...Bwah-HaHaaaaaaaaaa. Weak.

Oh my God!!! Nightmare City!! I used to love that movie when I was a teenager. I recently rented it from Big Choice just to see if it still holds up, It doesn't. I couldn't sit through it. After the first 30 minutes I started wondering if I just never realized what a crap movie it was, or if I just have a lot less patience than I used to for bad movies. I think maybe both.

Dawn '04 was quite a bit better than Nightmare City. A 3 hour documentary about my belly button lint and its effect on global warming is a lot better than Nightmare City.

MontagMOI
28-Aug-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh my God!!! Nightmare City!! ...I recently rented it from Big Choice just to see if it still holds up, It doesn't. I couldn't sit through it. After the first 30 minutes I started wondering if I just never realized what a crap movie it was,

Exactly. At least when you are laughing at it you are doing so because running zombies are so funny.
And is Hugo Stiglitz really as awful an actor as Ving Rhames? Yes he is, but certainly not worse.
I actually think Jake Weber and Sarah Polley are very good in Dawn 04. It has a pretty decent cast with the exception of Rhames and the waste that is Mekhi Phifer.
Don't get me wrong, i think Dawn 04 is fun but it has no atmosphere, no suspense and zombies that hiss, lol

ash
07-Oct-2007, 04:56 PM
I love watching the trailers for movies that I like a lot.

This one is no exception.

I really wish I had been older when the movie came out and had already seen the original Dawn. I would have had a total nerdgasm when the film cut out and the zombie hands started clawing at the other side of the screen.

This is one of the most well-designed trailers ever made, IMHO.

DjfunkmasterG
08-Oct-2007, 01:00 PM
A 3 hour documentary about my belly button lint and its effect on global warming is a lot better than Nightmare City.

Sounds better than Land of the Dead... go make that film I would plop down my $10.50 :D

This is one of the most well-designed trailers ever made, IMHO.

You are my new best friend. :D

vito
13-Oct-2007, 03:14 AM

From the Full Movie...

her face on the trailer gives me the creeps :dead:

MinionZombie
14-Oct-2007, 05:46 PM
I'd wager CGI cover-up. Her mush doesn't look at all normal in that censored clip.

lol @ leapy-jumpy-runny-kid-zombie. :rolleyes::D

DjfunkmasterG
15-Oct-2007, 02:14 AM
leapy jump kid zombie is scarier than Big Daddy Jar Jar Binks. :lol::moon:

MinionZombie
15-Oct-2007, 10:04 AM
leapy jump kid zombie is scarier than Big Daddy Jar Jar Binks. :lol::moon:
Hey man, Big Daddy's got an agenda to fill, he's got revenge on his mind...that's scary stuff. He doesn't walk away from the poker table and whinge off into the night...bastard comes back with a hammer and starts breaking hands.

clanglee
19-Oct-2007, 02:40 AM
AAARRGGHH!!! The only agenda a zombie should have is eating you. Silly character. Jar Jar is a good comparrison.

Legion2213
19-Oct-2007, 02:18 PM
AAARRGGHH!!! The only agenda a zombie should have is eating you. Silly character. Jar Jar is a good comparrison.

Indeed. At least that little girl took somebody out in the traditional zombie way...don't remember "Big Divy" clamping his jaws down on anybody's throat and tearing away at the flesh...

bassman
23-Oct-2007, 07:24 PM
The reason Big Daddy didn't eat, imo, is that he's the leader. He was leading these zombies to war and how often do you see a leader of an army getting down and getting dirty with the troops?

He's the smartest so far and if he get's "killed", the mission is failed. That's the way I saw it anyway.

Not to mention, if he doesn't eat someone and just kills them......he gains another "soldier", if you will. This is also the same reason he showed number 9 how to use the gun, I think.

Mutineer
23-Oct-2007, 08:41 PM
Also on the DAWN 04 Trailer

When Sarah Polley runs into her driveway, he shirt lacks blood. In the film, she is smattered with it.

We don't want to upset White Bread America while their eating supper with goy commercials. :rolleyes: