PDA

View Full Version : Horrorfest - grand prize new Panasonic HVX camera

Eyebiter
19-Sep-2006, 09:58 AM
DVXUSER.com is running a contest for short horror movies. Deadline is Oct 1st.

Forum
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Rules
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=64170

Grand prize is a new Panasonic HVX camera (short must be filmed with Panasonic DVX or HVX equipment to be eligible).

MinionZombie
19-Sep-2006, 10:31 AM
Dang, that counts me out ... I haven't even gotten my mits on my DVX yet. :( Cool comp though, perhaps Dj should check this biatch out...

DjfunkmasterG
19-Sep-2006, 11:12 AM
Dang, that counts me out ... I haven't even gotten my mits on my DVX yet. :( Cool comp though, perhaps Dj should check this biatch out...

I did... You had to have filmed the footage between June 1st and September 30th 2006. Deadlands was filmed since August 2005 until August 2006.

The only thing I could do, and it wouldn't be fair, is to try to assemble a version out of all the footage shot in 2006. Which would mean I would 75% of the film. :(

I am not worried, I will have my mits on one of those cameras by March 2007.

7feet
19-Sep-2006, 06:31 PM
Theres also the 6 minute max runtime part. Epics need not apply.

Fulcifan91
19-Sep-2006, 06:34 PM
DJ, any way you can assemble a 6 min or less version of Eating Habits?

Our first shooting date was in July.

Is this possible for us?

I am not planning on winning anything, i would just like to help and get mroe people interested or atleast know somehting about it.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Sep-2006, 06:37 PM
DJ, any way you can assemble a 6 min or less version of Eating Habits?

Our first shooting date was in July.

Is this possible for us?

I am not planning on winning anything, i would just like to help and get mroe people interested or atleast know somehting about it.

The short version is 5 minutes 10 seconds

Fulcifan91
19-Sep-2006, 06:44 PM
Cool, so your okay with turing that in?

Sorry for the double post, but nevermind-

Film's can only be promoted here at dvxuser inside your own unique threads. No external site(s) or link's are permitted (Unless a video or image host) Like the indiviual film discussion's, we will have the same for the Horrorfest films.

You can showcase storyboards, script segments, final score's or in progress, production still's, audition's, headshot's, behind the scene's video and making of specials, art-work and conceptual design, set dressing, location's and even One Sheet's (the Film's poster) but one thing you cannot do:

NO FOOTAGE FROM ACTUAL FILM CAN BE SHOWN UNTIL THE OFFICIAL FESTIVAL START.

Keep in mind, like all good film's, what you show can help or hurt you; giving away the plot point and secret may not be in your best interest or maybe hyping it too much may let some people down. Consider this an excercise is marketing and promotion for future project's, but

NO FILM FOOTAGE FROM THE ACTUAL FILM!

Th only Footy allowed is behind the scene's and interview type stuff. Last time said:

NO ACTUAL FOOTAGE FROM THE FILM IS ALLOWED UNTIL THE FESTIVAL PREMIERE