PDA

View Full Version : Forums Upgraded! (Again)

Andy
21-Sep-2006, 09:53 AM
A security upgrade, you guys won't notice any new features or anything for now, but it was essential - As it was only a small upgrade the forums were only offline for about 10 minutes while the work was carried out.

The biggest change you guys will notice is that from today, the reputation system is no longer active. Now some of you have been asking for this, some wanted it kept. There was a poll in general discussion about which did just go in favour of the system, but, after recent problems and previous issues we have decided to disable it indefinately.

There's going to be some changes coming up in the near future though, with a a couple of major new features planned. The arcade is getting a massive update with alot of new games and additionally a new style is going to be releasing soon. Watch this thread for more details.

The chat system is also going to be upgraded in the next few days. Again the forums will need to be offline for about 5-10 minutes for me to safely modify the database.

I'll keep you guys updated on further changes, and always your comments and questions are appreciated.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Sep-2006, 11:08 AM
A security upgrade, you guys wont notice any new features or anything for now, but it was essential. as it was only a small upgrade the forums were only offline for about 10 minutes while i carried out the work.

The biggest change you guys will notice is that from today, the reputation system is no longer active. now some of you have been asking for this, some wanted it kept. there was a poll in general discussion about which did just go in favour of the system. but, after recent problems and previous issues we have decided to disable it indefinatly.

There's going to be some changes coming up in the near future though, i have a couple of major new features planned, the arcade is getting a massive update with alot of new games and im going to be releasing a new style soon. Watch this thread for more details.

The chat system is also going to be upgraded in the next few days, again the forums will need to be offline for about 5-10 minutes for me to safely modify the database.

I'll keep you guys updated on further changes, and always your comments and questions are appreciated.

Please do all updates when I am not at work (between 6am and 2:30pm EST) This week has been slow and This place makes time go by fast.

LouCipherr
21-Sep-2006, 11:47 AM
can you say, obsessive compuslive Dj? I knew that you could. :lol:

Sound good Andy, and I think you made the right decision on the rep system... but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. ;)

LC

DeadCentral
21-Sep-2006, 12:33 PM
Damn ..just when my Rep points were climbing too...lol

p2501
21-Sep-2006, 03:31 PM
cool all around. thanks andy.

general tbag
21-Sep-2006, 03:51 PM
well i guess democracy and whining dont mix here ....

Danny
22-Sep-2006, 01:14 AM
plus the reps gone, kinda makes the control panel seem smaller though:D

Cody
22-Sep-2006, 05:17 AM
my rep points were rising too, shucks LOL!

AssassinFromHell
22-Sep-2006, 08:02 PM
well i guess democracy and whining dont mix here ....

Yeah, what the duece ever happened to democracy? The system backed up the rep system.

*cough*Al Gores*cough*

:eek:

Eyebiter
03-Oct-2006, 04:00 AM
Noticed a few General Discussion threads disappeared recently, not sure if they were deleted or if it was upgrade related.