PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands reviewed on horror-movies.ca - 8 out of 10 skulls!

LouCipherr
21-Sep-2006, 02:55 PM
Ok, I'm kinda speechless, so i'm just gonna point you to the link:

Horror-Movies.ca review of Deadlands: The Rising (http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_2157.htm)

The two quotes I think I dug the most were:

"So all in all this is definetly a kick ass zombie film"

"Overall if you don't mind seeing a film without the glitz and glamour of Hollywood all over it, this movie is a perfect homegrown zombie flick. "

wait for it..... waaaait for it.... waaaait for it.....

w00t!

:lol:

Bunker65
21-Sep-2006, 03:38 PM
w00t!

May I also add another wOOt !! :D

Very nice review !! I think alot of people are going to like the traffic jam scene. It was the reviewer's favorite just like it was mine :cool:.

I think the more people that review Deadlands, the more rave reviews you guys will receive :skull:.

Neil
21-Sep-2006, 04:10 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Boy it must be nice to have a review copy!

Andy
21-Sep-2006, 04:39 PM
nice and subtle :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
21-Sep-2006, 06:40 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Boy it must be nice to have a review copy!

nice and subtle :lol:

:D

Well let me talk to my people, who have to talk to their people, and we'll... a.... get back to you when they get back to us.

:lol: J/K

Send me your address via PM Neil. I wanted to send you one anyway.

LouCipherr
21-Sep-2006, 07:07 PM
Ok, now I'm confused.. just have your people call our people and..... uhhh... we'll do lunch.... or something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dj, as your producer I advise you to send a copy to Neil - we have to make sure the person who supplies us with our favorite webpage on the 'net is happy. Ya might wanna hit Andy up too. :p :D

LC

DjfunkmasterG
21-Sep-2006, 07:50 PM
Ok, now I'm confused.. just have your people call our people and..... uhhh... we'll do lunch.... or something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dj, as your producer I advise you to send a copy to Neil - we have to make sure the person who supplies us with our favorite webpage on the 'net is happy. Ya might wanna hit Andy up too. :p :D

LC

I told them J/K to PM me their addresses and I will send them a review copy. :D

bassman
21-Sep-2006, 07:56 PM
congratulations fellas. Nothing but good news so far.

Maitreya
21-Sep-2006, 11:22 PM
Hahahah, take that, zombie nation!

LouCipherr
22-Sep-2006, 11:45 AM
muhahahahaha :elol:

Andy
22-Sep-2006, 11:53 AM
Send me your address via PM Neil. I wanted to send you one anyway.

and me? :shifty:

Kaos
22-Sep-2006, 12:19 PM

No, not you. :|

DjfunkmasterG
22-Sep-2006, 01:10 PM

Andy PM me please. :D

LouCipherr
22-Sep-2006, 01:26 PM

nice and subtle. :lol:

(Sorry andy, couldn't resist. :D)

Andy
22-Sep-2006, 02:40 PM
nice and subtle. :lol:

(Sorry andy, couldn't resist. :D)
hey it worked for neil :D

jim102016
23-Sep-2006, 04:34 AM
Well, it looks pretty good, I'll just have to go see it!

But, I have to ask....what's with the running zombies? Any particular reason as opposed to the regular ones?

DjfunkmasterG
23-Sep-2006, 10:58 AM
Actually they run and walk. When you first come back you can do whatever you did when alive physically. As you progress in you zombie state, usually by 4-12 hours you start to slow down, as rigormortis sets in and takes over. Then you become a shambler

And to be honest, I don't find the slow zombies that scary anymore. So thats why i went with running zombies at first. then I researched a little about rigor mortis and applied real life rules about death to the mythology.

So the nice thing with this film it represents both camps. :D

MinionZombie
23-Sep-2006, 11:10 AM
And being the johnny-come-lately that I am, might I add my own personal "wheeeeyyyyyy" with two thumbs fresh on the side :thumbsup:, it's great to see a "home grown" (as they say) indie flick getting props. :cool:

twistbud
24-Sep-2006, 12:49 PM
So the nice thing with this film it represents both camps. :D

Smart!

dmbfanintn
26-Sep-2006, 09:53 PM
Nice fellas! Reviews seem to be positive all around. Along with the festival win, y'all may have something on your hands here.

And dammit, DJ, when you get all big and famous (I know your already big, I meant it figuratively!), you best not forget who always takes your side in the political threads!!!!

I'm awfully proud of you guys and glad that we have gotten to follow the progress here!

And just because it doesn't hurt to try"

And me?:D

angrysquirrel
14-Oct-2006, 07:46 AM
Hey, how can I get a hold of this movie? I want to see it. A good zombie movie has been a long time coming.

On a completely unrelated note, is it me or has scifi gone to crap on the horror movies and bravo has actually been showing some good stuff. Go figure....

By the way Neil, I like your new forums. Lots of nice features...and cool avatars.. :)

DjfunkmasterG
14-Oct-2006, 11:10 AM
Hey angrysquirrel,

head to www.playingwithdeadthings.com and click BUY DVD or visit

www.playingwithdeadthings.com/BUYDEADLANDSDVD

DjfunkmasterG
28-Mar-2007, 11:56 AM
Been a while since I visited this thread... These guys gave me my first review and it was a good one too. Can't believe it has been 6 months already.

Neil
28-Mar-2007, 12:05 PM
Been a while since I visited this thread... These guys gave me my first review and it was a good one too. Can't believe it has been 6 months already.

Yeh! Surely the sequel will be out soon! :)

DjfunkmasterG
31-Mar-2007, 01:09 AM
I wouldn't count on it. I know I put 2009 in the films credits for the sequel and it maybe late 2009 early 2010. :(