PDA

View Full Version : Day with the dead part two

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2006, 10:10 PM
http://fangoria.com/fearful_feature.php

sirjacktorrance
28-Sep-2006, 10:50 PM
the thing itīs getting worse .the zombie make up is very very cheap ...itīs the opposite to the Romeroīs livind dead people.unrealistic..a la troma kind of stile and.. thereīs that HORRIBLE contac lenses...

Danny
29-Sep-2006, 01:56 AM
come now, even troma movies dont sound that bad!

jim102016
29-Sep-2006, 06:26 AM
The Civil Rights Movement? What the f*ck is this guy talking about? This man has to be one of the stupidest, most liberal Hollywood idiots that I have had the displeasure of hearing. In just this little paragragh, he managed to lose my complete respect. He looked at the character that Joe Pilato and saw simply a skinhead? And just like every other Studio City hotshot, he know nothing but stereotypes about the military because he's never bothered to serve a day in it himself. So, boy and girls, we know why Ving was chosen...because he was BLACK. This is his pathetic attempt to fit his movie into the Hollywood conformist belief that everything must be PC and "happy, happy/joy-joy". What a fu*king disgrace.

The American military certainly doesn't tolerate racism today, nor did it 20 years ago...but of course the additional factor of the world coming to a terrifying end by the living dead wasn't bearing down on those in uniform.
Lets see....Capt Rhodes and his men lived in an underground bunker for how long because of what? Oh yeah, the fall of civilization above ground where the dead were returning to live and eating the flesh off the living!!?? I think that would cause serious mental damage/and or break downs to even the strongest of men or women. I know if I watched my family get eaten alive I would be a mental disaster!

If I go see this movie, I'll be climbing in through the bathroom window or setting off the fire alarm by sneaking in the back door in the theater because this c*ocksucker isn't getting a dime out of me. I'm so mad I'm going to go shoot some cats.

In the previous film, Captain Rhodes was a great villain for the times. But that movie took place a mere 20 years after the civil rights movement. Captain Rhodes was a sexist and racist whom the other characters readily accepted and followed. This was culturally true to life at the time. However, it’s 20 years later, and while there’s still racism today, it’s subtle; you’d have to go to a Klan or skinhead rally to find someone who openly spewed the insane things that Captain Rhodes said back then. And with the military being so diverse, you won’t find a lot of soldiers who would follow such a man.

DeadCentral
29-Sep-2006, 09:36 AM
Jim , you seem to be getting pissed about something in this..but the guy is right about the attitude about Rhodes character in 1985, watch the flick and listen to what he says about John on more than a few occassions through out the film, and the comments about Miguel .
Todays military does not tolerate that kind of behavior. My son is in Iraq, he's half Peurto Rican, his Capt, was busted down in rank because he was ragging on the hispanic troops in his platoon...racial slurs and pegging troops for their nationality is not tolerated any longer so to fit the times they've made changes to the characters personality .......
Seems to me Savini did something similar in NOTLD 90 with Barbara, did he not ...?
Maybe u should quit your griping and just give the film a chance, make a judgement AFTER you've seen it. If it's bad, then, hey scream all you want, I'll even join you ..btw I got a few strays in my neighbor hood ...practice some & stop by.

I forgot to mention, I spent 4 hours on the phone talking with guy, and most of what is written in the fangoria clip I had already posted on my site...
I hit this guy with every question I could think of and a few that I read here at the homepage based on other users thoughts...he answered & gave good logical reasoning with his answers,enough so for me to decide to give the film a chance & then make my judgement call...
It's another zombie film, some suck some don't , but to support the genre you have to give them a chance until the final product is proven to blow.

EvilNed
29-Sep-2006, 10:36 AM
After reading those articles, alot of my fears have been washed away. I'm just worried about the vegetarian zombie. Not that I don't think that plot device won't work, it's just that it sounds so damn stupid. A vegetarian turned zombie, and thus doesn't eat meat? It's seriously ****ed up.

But all in all, I think the film will be a good one. Let's just say I'm not expecting a remake of Day of the Dead, as I did with Dawn. I'm expecting a new, cool zombie flick with lots of zombies and gore.

Oh and also: With that kind of expensive makeup, I would have turned Steve down on that dinner and instead went shambling the streets.

jim102016
29-Sep-2006, 12:22 PM
Jim , you seem to be getting pissed about something in this..but the guy is right about the attitude about Rhodes character in 1985, watch the flick and listen to what he says about John on more than a few occassions through out the film, and the comments about Miguel .
Todays military does not tolerate that kind of behavior. My son is in Iraq, he's half Peurto Rican, his Capt, was busted down in rank because he was ragging on the hispanic troops in his platoon...racial slurs and pegging troops for their nationality is not tolerated any longer so to fit the times they've made changes to the characters personality .......
Seems to me Savini did something similar in NOTLD 90 with Barbara, did he not ...?
Maybe u should quit your griping and just give the film a chance, make a judgement AFTER you've seen it. If it's bad, then, hey scream all you want, I'll even join you ..btw I got a few strays in my neighbor hood ...practice some & stop by.

I forgot to mention, I spent 4 hours on the phone talking with guy, and most of what is written in the fangoria clip I had already posted on my site...
I hit this guy with every question I could think of and a few that I read here at the homepage based on other users thoughts...he answered & gave good logical reasoning with his answers,enough so for me to decide to give the film a chance & then make my judgement call...
It's another zombie film, some suck some don't , but to support the genre you have to give them a chance until the final product is proven to blow.

Dead Central, you missed my whole point and apparently so did this guy. My point is that the people in this movie act and behave the way they do because of the environment around them (i.e. the world ending). Something has obviously snapped in each and everyone one of their heads, in one way or another. To try and portray their downfall in a politcally correct manner is utter nonsense and a case of simple denial. What the difference between the dead coming to life today and 1986? You think people would be politically correct simply because of social conditioning after all that mental trauma? I doubt they would take the time to be nice to one another, have you ever been around people who have gone insane in one degree or another?
I was in the military for eight years, as a matter of fact, my last official day of terminal leave is tomorrow. I have been an enlisted member and and officer and I have seen the damage that extreme political correctness has done. Perhaps those who have not served in the trenches can not see it, certainly those in Hollywood can not and many in society can not understand and will probably never will. As an officer I never tolerated any gender discrimination or racial problems, and I certainly treated my subordinates with respect as I was treated when I was in their shoes.
I did my best to set an example. I've been to the mideast, it sure isn't a trip to disneyland. I hope your son comes home safe and sound
Sorry if I went off on a rampage, I just don't like Hollywood putting their two cents in about Uncle Sam...I just figure haven't yet earned that priviledge. Be sure and put the milk out, I'll be out screaming on your fence with the strays real soon.:moon:

DeadCentral
29-Sep-2006, 06:42 PM
Gotcha ..well said too.
I'm looking at it from the remake standpoint , I freakin hate'em to be honest, but considering this is my favorite of the DEAD films by Romero, I had to ask the writer "What the hell are you doing??"
To me, he's saying TODAYS attitude is different than the the attitude back in 85, so he's going to reflect some of those changes in the film, I can understand that as long as it doesn't take from the film or the depth of the film, then who is it hurting??, thats just my opinion, and who the hell am I right??

Maitreya
29-Sep-2006, 07:16 PM
After reading those articles, alot of my fears have been washed away. I'm just worried about the vegetarian zombie. Not that I don't think that plot device won't work, it's just that it sounds so damn stupid. A vegetarian turned zombie, and thus doesn't eat meat? It's seriously ****ed up.

In the DeadCentral interview I think that wasn't the reason... He said he still ate flesh, he just didn't get excited and jump at every human and treat them as food. Sort of an accelerated version of Bub that didn't require training.

But I'm honestly excited for this, I mean, I hate to sound like an executive, but have all of you that pre-critique this movie gone to a screening (not talking about you ned)? Seriously guys, the majority of you are starting to sound like people on IMDB. If you have that's cool. Rag on this movie all you want. But if you haven't at least give it a chance, who knows, you may be suprised.

sirjacktorrance
29-Sep-2006, 07:41 PM
ok. i think the movie could be a entertaining flick.but when the dawn remake come out all the horror comunity bite with raw before see the movie. today,there are a lot of dawn 04 haters saying that we have to give a chance...well.day is my favourite, and i am happy cause the movie will be a reimagination, so iīm waiting for another zombie movieand not another "omen".but the thing is that thereīs photos from the film and (FOR ME ) looks awful.i think the make ups sucks.the ghouls donīt seems like dead people ,they looked like the "night of the demons" or "the convent" cheesy creatures.ánd guys, we are talking about a remake of a movie with the best zombie make up and fx in the history of horror cinema .i read that the movie was made with 18 million budget. thereīs a lot of dedicated people ,lots of fans with talent and inteligence ,that could made a movie with 30,000 bucks like automaton transfusion,witch looks much much better than this hollywood remake.i am not trying to hate the movie but i have to be honest ...and i donīt like lots of things... (the initial outbreak and the 24 hours storyline issue:bored: )