PDA

View Full Version : lol I'm lame - another rep question...

MinionZombie
13-Mar-2006, 06:56 PM
Is there a way to see in your User CP or something, WHO exactly you've given rep to ... I keep forgetting so when I go off on a rep-giving-run I get a few of those 'give some more before to whoever again' messages. Just wondering if there was a way to see which people you'd given props to before?

See, now I know how it works I actually like it...damn! :rolleyes:

Andy
13-Mar-2006, 10:59 PM
Only staff can see who gave rep points to each.

but i have a made abit of a edit to the system so you can see who you've given rep to in your User CP (http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/usercp.php)

you still cant see who's given you rep tho :p

:)

MinionZombie
14-Mar-2006, 09:42 AM
Nice work there Andy, two thumbs fresh.

idsaluteyoubub
14-Mar-2006, 10:33 PM
It seems to me that when I go into my User CP it says that I have had 16 points given to me, but my Rep only says two. It also shows random posts I have made underneath the Reputation Points Header. Is it something where you get like 10 rep points for your rep to go up one point?

And I may be wrong, but I think I can see who has given me rep points. MZ I know for sure did. Thanks bud!

Andy
14-Mar-2006, 10:59 PM
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/images/andy/rep.gif

this is similar to what you will see in your user cp.

the top box is rep given. in the top right corner it shows your rep power. underneath it lists the latest comments you've given out, a red or green gem, when and who you gave it to.

the bottom box is rep received. in the top corner it shows your rep score. underneath are the latest comments you've received, a red or green gem and the date.
(ignore the posted by column in the second box you wont see that :p )

EDIT - they also wont be blurred, ive done that cuz i dont want my rep public :p

idsaluteyoubub
14-Mar-2006, 11:05 PM
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/images/andy/rep.gif

this is similar to what you will see in your user cp.

the top box is rep given. in the top right corner it shows your rep power. underneath it lists the latest comments you've given out, a red or green gem, when and who you gave it to.

the bottom box is rep received. in the top corner it shows your rep score. underneath are the latest comments you've received, a red or green gem and the date.
(ignore the posted by column in the second box you wont see that :p )

EDIT - they also wont be blurred, ive done that cuz i dont want my rep public :p

Ok, just to make it all clear then...or maybe I am just stupid (I am betting on the latter), my Reputation Received box, the bottom box, says that I have 16 points total, and within the box, I have 4 green gems...

Does that mean I have had 16 people give me good rep, or 4 people? Also...if any are the case, do you have to get a few reputation hits for your Rep Power to go up? I guess I am wondering what the difference is between rep score and rep power, and how they influctuate...meaning is it one rep hit is one rep power or what...

Sorry about all the questions, I am just wondering:D

Andy
14-Mar-2006, 11:15 PM
your rep power goes up;

everytime you receive 10 points of good reputation
every 100 posts you make.
for every 30 days youve been registed.

obviously the quickest way is to get positive rep yourself.

the green or red gems on your user cp screen show every set of good points of bad points you've received.

your power is how many points you give to someone else, with me so far?

so if someone with a rep power of 10 gives you positive reputation, your rep power increases by 1.

if someone with a rep power of 20 gives you positive reputation, your rep power increases by 2.

and so on.

every 30 days it also increases by 1, rewarding you for being here :p

and every 100 posts you make it increases by 1.

clear? :rockbrow:

AssassinFromHell
14-Mar-2006, 11:26 PM
Here's the entire, ginormous explanation of the rep system in the simplist possible form...

...the end. :D

idsaluteyoubub
14-Mar-2006, 11:36 PM
your rep power goes up;

everytime you receive 10 points of good reputation
every 100 posts you make.
for every 30 days youve been registed.

obviously the quickest way is to get positive rep yourself.

the green or red gems on your user cp screen show every set of good points of bad points you've received.

your power is how many points you give to someone else, with me so far?

so if someone with a rep power of 10 gives you positive reputation, your rep power increases by 1.

if someone with a rep power of 20 gives you positive reputation, your rep power increases by 2.

and so on.

every 30 days it also increases by 1, rewarding you for being here :p

and every 100 posts you make it increases by 1.

clear? :rockbrow:

Very clear now. Thankee sai!

losherman
16-Mar-2006, 10:55 PM
damn you can give out too much rep points in one day?

Andy
16-Mar-2006, 11:57 PM
you can only give rep to 5 people in any 24 hour period and must give rep to 5 different people before you can give rep to the same person again.

this is stop the system being mis-used.

losherman
17-Mar-2006, 05:54 AM
oh i see cool.

AssassinFromHell
17-Mar-2006, 06:48 PM
Just imagine if they had a limit like that for other activities, like playing bumper cars or getting laid. :eek:

MinionZombie
19-Mar-2006, 12:12 AM
lol

"You have used your wang too much today, come back tomorrow and stick it to five different folks!" :D ahhhh, sex...

Arcades057
24-Mar-2006, 05:19 AM
Oh well, every system can be abused. I'm sure someone will find a way around the limits to raise their rank.

Ana
26-Mar-2006, 11:07 AM
lol

"You have used your wang too much today, come back tomorrow and stick it to five different folks!" :D ahhhh, sex...

ha ha

Oh well, every system can be abused. I'm sure someone will find a way around the limits to raise their rank.

or if you're MZ, to raise your wank.

:D

All_Else_Failed
26-Mar-2006, 11:21 AM
lol

Don't know what reputation you're looking on gaining... you slut. :)

MinionZombie
26-Mar-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm always up for raising "my wank", lol. Self improvement is masturbation afterall - these are the immortal teachings of Tyler Durden.

*chants "His name is Robert Paulson" over and over*

As for you AeF, call me slut all you wish ... but I'm the one with the almighty stats ... bow down before me and worship at my feet! :elol: